Shattered heart

Pieces of my heart

 

 The more you give your heart away, the harder it is to get it back. I gave every single piece of my heart to the man I love who never came back although he promised he will. Broken and shattered, I quietly went on with life. A life that has no meaning. With a heart that would not heal.

 

There I am, sitting on the bench in a park filled with colorful trees, laughing children, and chirping birds. Everything seemed to so animated and happy that I seemed out of the picture. Sighing, I got up to leave.

 

“Ga-Eul-yang?” A soft, tender voice asked me. My eyes suddenly brimmed with tears. That voice. The voice that I longed for all these years. The voice that gives me melancholy happiness.

 

“Yi Jeong?” I quietly whispered. I wiped my tears. I looked up at the sky and sighed deeply. It was probably all in my imagination. I adjusted the ring on my finger and walked away.

 

~

 

I don't remember anything. I don't feel anything. I woke up in a hospital, not knowing where I am and who I am. The doctors said I was in a coma for nearly six months and found me trapped under a building in Japan after the earthquake. Japan? Why was I in Japan? Weren't there anybody looking for me? The questions whirled through my head. The only thing that I had left was this ring on my finger. No wallet, ID, passport, nothing. Am I married? I adjusted the ring on my finger. No matter what, I'm going back to Korea to find out who I am.

 

~

 

He said he'll come back. He said that we'll finally be happy forever until the day we die. After I found out about his death I was in deep shock. How could this happen to me? How could life just throw something at me like that? It felt like all the happiness was out of me. Then I learned the cruel, hard truth: there are no such thing as happiness in this world. But he did leave me one thing before he left this world: a child. I touch my belly that is nice and round. I'm seven months pregnant.

 

~

 

The Doctor insisted that I stay at the hospital for two more months. To get treatment and go to rehab every week. I broke three ribs, a leg and my right arm. Nowadays, I've been getting vivid dreams. The doctor says I'm slowly getting my memory back. But the dreams are the same every night. I always dream of a girl wearing a soft pink raincoat with an umbrella walking down an empty street. I couldn't see her face, and couldn't call out to her for no sound came out of my throat. The only thing she said, without looking back was: “You'll come back, right?”

 

~

 

The baby is a girl. I was a little late as to find out the gender of the baby. I really wanted a boy, so he could grow up looking exactly like his father but I was still very happy. Yi Jeong always wanted a little daughter so I was happy too.

 

Let's name her Han Eul, because she will be as pretty as the sky.” Yi Jeong smiled.

 

How do you know it will be a girl?” I asked “I'm not even a month pregnant yet.”

 

Hm, should I say fatherly instinct?” Yi Jeong smiled, showing his eye smile. I laughed and hugged him for being the best husband in the world.

 

Ga Eul-yang?” He suddenly turned serious.

 

Hm?” I asked.

 

Remember how I left for Sweden?” Yi Jeong sighed “And remember how I came back to marry you?”

 

I smiled “Yes, I do. There were ups and downs, we finally made it right?”

 

Yi Jeong nods “Our love is strong. I gave you my heart, you gave me mine. No matter where we are, we are always together.”

 

~

Author's Note: Okay, I haven't updated for a really long time for my other stories. I'll get them updated in a few days! Sorry, my life got really busy and difficult. Hehe. Here's a new story and plenty of updates coming up! Don't forget to subscribe and comment below of what you think! :)