The Ice Cream Shop - First

The Ice Cream Shop

 

It’s a fine winter morning in Seoul and everyone is busy preparing for their respective duties for the day. Little kids packed up in their cute winter attire as they frolic to the school and business people that always seems to chase the time in order to avoid being trapped in the daily rush hour. Everything looks okay and in order and everyone gives off this happy aura. The same goes for this young man who sells ice cream for a living.

            Meet Lee Jinki, 22, an employee of the local ice cream shop. There are three words that best describes him: Jolly, smart …and clumsy. Well, that was what Kim Kibum said about him. Kibum, or Key for Jinki, is the openly gay owner/cashier of the shop. He is loud and stubborn, which makes him the total opposite of Jinki. Sometimes, they wonder why they’re so fond of each other. They’re so close that stating they are best friends would be a complete understatement. They’re like brothers and regard each other as one.

            The Ice Cream shop was built not more than a year ago and is situated near the university where rich kids go. This was given to Key by his father in order for him to prepare for their family business someday. Though it’s a lot smaller than the competing Ice Cream Shop across the road, it’s big enough to accommodate the students who wanted to have a taste of their product.

            Sales should be low at this point of the year considering it is winter but thanks to Jinki’s jolly nature and Key’s good management and promotional skills, it went better than expected.

Both of them are having fun serving the customers and satisfyingly smiles whenever they hear compliments regarding the ice cream.

            “Waah~ Jinki-oppa why is your ice cream so gooood?” exclaimed a student regular at their shop with an aegyo voice.

            “Nothing special, actually, we just serve it with smile and love. Hahaha!” Jinki said while flashing a cheeky grin.

            Jinki loves all of their customers; you can tell by the way he treats each one of them. But there’s this certain customer who caught his attention. The weird thing is it’s a boy – a beautiful boy at that. He has a long, thick, ash blond hair; tall with a thin frame; big, sparkly, brown eyes; and a smile that complimented his small face. Jinki estimated him to be at least eighteen years old and according to word of mouth, his name was Lee Taemin.

The boy always drops by in the shop ever since it opened and he would always order the bestselling ‘Banana Milk’ ice cream which was, by the way, created by Jinki. Taemin often eats the ice cream just three feet away from where Jinki was located, making it easy for the latter to steal glances. Jinki observed that Taemin does resemble a girl by the way he eats. He wonders if there’s a chance for him to talk to the boy even just for one time. Jinki gathers all his courage and before he even approached Taemin, the boy had already left.

“He left already? *sigh* Guess I’ll have to wait until tomorrow.” Jinki sighed.