Of Tales and Propositions

Not In Front of You

"You what?!" exclaimed Zelo. It was lunch break the next day after "the incident", as Jongup calls it. 

"I heard her sing. I heard Ji Dae sing," Jong up repeats. He finds Zelo's shocked face quite cute and really wants to pinch his cheeks to made weird faces. But Zelo wouldn't like that much, so he just smiles instead.

"When? What? How?...Where??" He's desperate for details since drama rarely happens in the group. That is, unless you count Himchan's occasional dramatic monologue.

"It was yesterday after everyone left." Jongup grins, happy to be able to share a special moment with the girl for once. His smile faltered a bit as he realized that she didn't know he was there. "That's right, Zelo," he says, looking the taller boy in the eye. "You can't let her know I was there, she'll be mad at me forever!"

"I don't know about that," he replies, munching on a tomato. Seriously, from the amount of tomatoes he eats you'd think that they're all he needs to live through each day. "Forever's a long time you know."

"But.." Jongup hangs his head. Zelo notices how down his hyung has become, so he thinks deeply for a moment before arriving at a solution.

"How about we just make her want to sing?"

                                                 

 

After school the guys all meet up at Himchan and Yongguk's apartment. Since it was Jongup who sent them the group meeting notice, they figured it was pretty serious. The guy rarely texted just for the heck of it. As for the location, Zelo tried his "pleaseeee" and his "pretty pleaseeeee" before finally pulling out his trump card: "pretty please with a cherry tomato on top hyung~ D;" before Yongguk finally gave in. Himchan just snickered and made a whip sound accompanied with the appropriate gesture. Yongguk in turn replied with the appropriate hand gesture.

With all six guys sprawled randomly throughout the small living room, Zelo gets up and claps his hands. 

"Attention, attention! Testing, 1, 2, 3," he calls out in English.

"Just get on with it," says a cranky Youngjae. He took part in the student council at school, and the day had been particularly hard on him. Daehyun,  noticing this, moves behind him and starts massaging his shoulders. Youngjae hums in approval before giving Zelo an apologetic look. "Sorry about that, go on."

Zelo nods, and his face turns serious. "Since Jonguppie hyung's the one who knows it best, I'll let him take over." And with that, he took Jongup by the arm and led him to the center of the room. He looks a little nervous, but proceeds to tell the others what happened  the night before. Before long their faces range from shock, mild surprise, and in Himchan's case a knowing smile. He had clapped his hands together and told them, "I knew she had it in her."

"How can you tell?" asked Yongguk skeptically.

"I just can. It's one of my natural girfts," he replies with a wink. 

"So you guys are saying that no one else here has heard her singing voice?" asks Jongup. Everyone nods in agreement. 

"Himchan hyung, any idea why she's always so against it?" asks Zelo. "You've known her the longest." All eyes turn to face the second oldest.

He shakes his head, arms crossed. "Can't say that I do, sorry." He frowns, deep in thought. "I met her almost three years ago. At the beginning she'd still hum once in a while, but at some point she stopped all together." His frown deepens. "But when?" 

"If we could just pinpoint the approximate date we should also be able to find out what happened at the time," Yongguk continues. "If we find out what happened then-"

"Then we find out why she doesn't let anyone hear her sing!" exclaimed Zelo. He looks so proud of himself that Yongguk can't help but smile. Zelo sees this and suddenly he has a momentary glow about him. Before he forgets, he flings up his arms before declaring, "We're gonna make her want to sing again!"

The room went quiet. The two eldest look at each other, unsure of how to react. Jongup gets into his awkward turtle position beside an oblivious Zelo. Youngjae turns to face the boy behind him.

"What do you think about all this?" 

Daehyun has stopped massaging Youngjae's shoulders and is instead lying on the couch, facing the ceiling. His eyes shift to meet Youngjae's before answering, "You're crazy if you think she's going to go along with this easily." And with that he turns to face the inside of the couch, his back to the rest of the group.

Jongup and Zelo exchange a knowing glance before Zelo replies, "Oh, of course not hyung, that's why we're going in prepared. And that means," he continues, looking around the room to each of them, "that it's going to take effort from all of us." 

Secretly, Daehyun would be lying if he said he wasn't interested in this proposal. He was interested to see how she could hate the one thing he loves so much. 

 

*Message*: Hello~ Sorry this is such a short chapter! It only looks long because I'm starting to use proper formatting, but I may have slipped here and there, so please excuse me. Umm so I'm thinking about each of the boys getting a special "event" with the main girl to, in their own way, get her to overcome her problem with singing in front of others. However Jongup and Youngjae, and just slightly Daehyun, (and Himchan kind of?) have had their little moment with her, so it's not for certain yet. Then again, it depends on how much work it takes, and whether or not I feel up to it.

As usual, thanks for reading. I'm happy that people enjoy this story and take the time to go through it. Also, I do read my comments. They make me so happy and re-energized, even if it's midnight here and my shoulders hurt again. I'm not quite sure how to reply to them all though. I see lots of fanfics where authors will reply at the end of the story. In my case it'd be in this section, but that'd make this a really long message. I'll try posting them on walls. It'll take a while, but I want to show my appreciation =)

Bye bye for now~