Of Apples and Sunshine

Not In Front of You

   School was finally over, but you weren't headed home just yet. You were stopping by the nearby orphanage which was run by your beloved aunt. She really needed help since more parents started to drop their kids off there. "Meongcheongi gata, jeongmal geobjaengi gata, sarang handan mal  hanmadi mothaesseo" you sang quietly, listening to B.A.P's new album POWER. Suddenly, you stopped and fell silent, anticipating the next line.

Ni sarangeul ijen al geot gateunde,

naege doraoneun mal.

You never tire of hearing that part of the song. The way the voices and the music combine to make that kind of sound just messes with your mind in a way. In a VERY good way. It was powerful in that it always took your breath away.

People around you start giving you weird looks, so you take it as your cue to start walking again. As the song ends you approach the cute, little building with the sign in front of it labelled "Sunshine Apples". (Your auntie let you help decide the name. She likes sunshine and you like apples. Moving on~) You turn off your mp3 and take off your shoes at the entrance, neatly setting them aside. Inside, playful shouts and squeals could already be heard. Smiling and humming slightly (that album is REALLY good) you make your way down the small, narrow hallway and into the main play room. 

There are about ten kids here, many that you recognize, and a few that seem to be new. Everyone was playing well with each other though, thankfully.

"Auntie I'm here! Where are you?" you called.

"Ji Dae ah~" you hear from further inside. "Come help me with the snacks please?" You head to the kitchen and see Auntie unloading food onto a large table. "We're having crackers with cheese which is simple enough, but I need you to peel and cut the fruit on the counter ok?" You nodded and began washing your hands. "Oh and be careful!" You blushed a little. It wasn't a secret that you tended to cut yourself more often than the average person. Accidentally, of course.

You remember the first time you cut your finger. It wasn't that bad really, just a small, shallow cut. It barely bled, but as soon as Himchan heard you say "ow" he was all over it. He grabbed your hand, examined the finger, then it into some lukewarm water (when did he turn on the tap?). He yelled at Zelo to bring a bandaid, and at Jongup to get the antiseptic, all while you were standing there a little stunned. Yongguk came in with a a kid on his shoulders and told him he was overreacting, but Himchan would "have none of that". So he sat you down at the table with your hand out. He held your "good" hand while youngjae cleaned the cut and "gently, but firmly" (himchan's words) bandaged it, and even got daehyun to sing a soothing melody to take your mind off of it. Only after he was absolutely sure you were ok did he go back to helping out Auntie. Since that little incident, you've been careful not to let the sharp objects in your hands slip, but you're only human after all.

Looking back, it really was adorable. The way they cared for you, even for something so small, gave you a good feeling inside. It made you feel happy, but it wasn't something so small, so petty. It was much more than that. Subconsciously, you smile. 

You hear the door to the entrance slam open, followed by a "Daddies are back~!!" in an all-too-familiar voice.

"About time" you said, your smile growing just a little bit more.

 

*Message* Hello! Thanks for reading this entry to the very end~ So ummm..this fanfic..yeah, it started with a plot in mind, but I think right now it's better if I get a feel for writing fanfics before I try anything major. I will continue with this story if you readers want it (if not, I'll still do it teehee). Let me know in the comment section how you want the plot to advance, please and thank you!