Eased Pain Pt. 1

The Other Side

When Boa entered the classroom nothing but silence greeted her, and her eyes widened when she saw the teacher, who never came to class unless needed, seated with the other Subordinate’s. “Is something wrong? Where’s everyone else?” By everyone else she was referring to the Elites who were currently missing in action.

They all turned to look at her.

“There was an accident…,” ChangMin began. “It was a friend of the Elite’s. Specifically, JaeJoong-Oppa.” He paused to look at the others before looking back at Boa. “She was his first Subordinate.”

“You mean… the one everyone talks about…?”

“Ne,” HyeSu said.

“They all went to visit her, but JaeJoong refused to go. When YunHo went to his house JaeJoong wouldn’t let him in either. He even refuses to talk to his own brother,” InSu said. “Everyone’s worried.” 

She swallowed, feeling dry. “Did you guys try his house too?”

“The office won’t give us his address and YunHo said that we aren’t allowed for protective reasons,” the teacher chipped in. “We said it was an emergency but they still wouldn’t give it. Wait! Maybe you can get it, because you’re his Subordinate. Being a Subordinate is sort of like being an assistant.”

“It’s worth a shot,” Boa said as she dropped her bag on the floor.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Looks like this is it,” Boa’s eyes roamed over the large house. “Wow.”

“Yah. There’s the park he had his brother’s birthday party at,” EunMi said.

“That makes sense,” HyeSu added. “This must be his place then.”

Boa turned to HyeSu. “Don’t take this the wrong way, HyeSu, but I’m actually surprised you came. I thought you hated JaeJoong.”

HyeSu shrugged. “I might be a , but I wouldn’t wish what he’s going through on anyone. I do have a heart, you know.” She blew a bubble with her bubble gum and popped it with her lips. “I just have a funny way of showing it.”

“At least you know you’re a . It’s a start,” InSu teased.

HyeSu snorted. “Whatever.”

Rolling her eyes, Boa pressed the button on the intercom. “Anyeonghaseyo.”

A click was heard and then, “Ne? Who is it?” a feminine voice asked.

“We’re here to see JaeJoong. We’re classmates of his,” Boa replied.

There was a pause. “Go away,” JaeJoong said suddenly through the intercom. “I don’t care why you’re here. Just go away.”

“JaeJoong-Oppa, wait. We came all the way here just to see if you were okay. Everyone’s worried about you.”

“If all of you don’t leave I’ll treat you like the servants you really are and put you all on cleaning duty,” he growled.

“What the hell,” InSu replied angrily. “We’re just here to check up on you.”

“You can’t do that anyway, because YunHo’s rank is higher than yours,” HyeSu bit back.

JaeJoong replied on a short laugh, “You don’t know how much authority I really have.”

As they argued, Boa was in the process of climbing the fence on the side of the gate. “Yah, ChangMin, you’re tall. Help me…”

“Are you crazy,” he asked on a whisper while he assisted her despite thinking she was insane.

Boa tossed her leg over the fence but failed in keeping her balance, and fell flat on her bottom on the other side.

“If you guys don’t leave I’ll have security assist you,” and with that JaeJoong left the security room and went back to his homework.

“That ,” HyeSu growled.

InSu looked around. “Yah, where’s Boa?”

ChangMin walked back over to them, hands in his pockets and whistling, looking guilty as ever.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Master JaeJoong,” MinSu said sharply.

“What,” he snapped.

“You didn’t have to be so rude. I understand that you’re having a bad time right, but that doesn’t give you the right to take it out on others.” 

“I don’t need anyone’s pity,” he uttered. As he passed the dining room, heading towards the stairs, he could’ve sworn he’d seen someone sneaking by one of the windows.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Boa climbed into the first open window she could find. It looked like she was in some kind of study of some sort. She made her way to the door trying to be a quiet as possible, and cracked it open. She peered to the left then to the right and her eyes landed on one of the maids whose mouth was hanging slightly open while she stared back at Boa.

Before the maid could open to say anything she made her way up the long stair case as fast as she could. She went into the first room that wasn’t locked at the exact moment she heard the maid yell, “Intruder!”

“Aish,” a husky voice said from behind her and she froze completely. “I should’ve known you would try something stupid.”

She turned around to face none other than JaeJoong. The very person she’d gone ninja for to reach.

Mission accomplished.

“Jae…”

“Save it. Look I appreciate your concern, but this is something I’d like to deal with on my own.”

At the moment Boa wasn’t sure which concerned her the most. The fact that he was in pain or the fact that he was shirtless. “We just want to know if you’re alright,” she uttered while staring at his toned body. It was difficult for her to keep from stuttering. He must be really athletic… wait… but I’ve never seen him play sports… weight lifting maybe… must… look… away…

“I’m fine. You can leave now,” he said while waving his hand in dismissal and grabbing a shirt off of his desk chair, completely oblivious to her ogling.

Thank god. She took a minute to come back to her senses and threw at him, “You know what JaeJoong you’re not as good at hiding your emotions as you think you are. Your face tells me one thing but your eyes tell me another. Why don’t you cut the bull for a second and just be yourself. One of your friends is in the hospital right now."

He paused in putting his shirt on for a moment while he contemplated what she’d said. Slipping his shirt over his head and then his arms through the sleeves, he turned his back to her and walked over to the window. “I… don’t know how to be myself anymore, because I’ve become so use to being what everyone else wants me to be,” he replied softly.

Boa’s anger instantly disappeared.

“My future has been decided for me ever since the day I was born, and… HyoJoo wasn’t meant to be a part of it… or at least that’s how my appa put it…,” he paused and ran a single hand over his face. “A child with the kind of inheritance I have…,” he shook his head. “… you don’t have the option of living a normal life. I distanced myself from her, because I knew that in the end I would hurt her. I would be arranged to marry after I graduated. When I told her that she distanced herself as well, because she couldn’t handle the pain. When she needed someone to comfort her she ran to my best friend…”

“YunHo?”

“Aniyo. YunHo doesn’t even have anything to do with it. That was just a rumor we made up so that no one would find out the truth about HyoJoo.”

“The truth?”

“She became pregnant at the age of sixteen by the most famous music producer in Korea’s son, JiHoon.”

“I remember him from last year. He was really popular with the girls.”

“Which is why I didn’t want him anywhere near her. When I found out, we got in a fight. YunHo and YooChun were the one's who pulled us apart, and after a while I began to except it.” He turned away from the window and paced over to his bed with his arms crossed over his chest. “But every time I see her I’m overwhelmed with pain,” he confessed. “Let’s just say I’m in a lot of pain, and I don’t know if I can handle losing someone else.”

“You know, there are times when I pretend as if nothing’s wrong too. I’m just not as good at it as you are. Admitting it is the first step to healing though,” she said softly. “Believe me, I know.” Boa slowly approached him, but made sure that she still kept her distance.

He turned around to look at her, his gaze searching hers. She didn’t need to say it because her eyes said it all. She’d lost someone close to her before as well. “You know…”

“Ne. I know. Of course, I’ve only heard the rumors but you just confirmed it.”

All he did was nod until he built up enough courage to ask her, “Who did you lose?”

“Appa,” she replied quietly. “And to answer your next question… ne, we were close.”

“So were me and my umma.”

“Looks like we have more in common than I thought,” she added with a sad smile.

“Ne.”

“I also know that it’s hard to talk to people who don’t understand what you’re going through, so if you…”

“Master Kim, there’s an intruder…,” a maid said as she ran into his room. “We spotted her…,” she trailed off when she saw Boa.

Boa lifted her hand in greeting and smiled awkwardly.

JaeJoong snickered. “It’s fine. I know her. She’s a classmate of mine.”

Boa looked at him when he said classmate. Any other time he got a thrill out of introducing her as his servant, so what was so different this time? 

The maid bowed in apology and immediately left the room, closing the door behind her.

“You didn’t call me your servant,” Boa mentioned, suspicious of him now. “What’s the catch?”

JaeJoong grabbed his jacket. “Maybe you’ve moved up in rank. Normally people don’t ask questions when they get promoted.” Slipping his arms into his jacket, he added, “Let’s go.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean,” she grumbled as she followed after him.

He made his way down the stairs and into the garage. Once inside, his eyes settled on the grey Honda motorcycle that was calling his name. “Yah, Lee,” he called out and one of his male servants maneuvered his way past Boa who stood at the doorway gaping at all of the vehicles.

“Ne, sir.”

“Follow me out with the Corvette.”

Lee grabbed the keys to the Corvette off of the wall without saying a word and headed over to the sporty car.

JaeJoong smirked when he saw Boa’s face and walked over to her. Pressing his index finger under her chin, he closed for her. “Yah, you could catch flies.”

She blushed at how close he was and took a step back. Her blush deepened when he chuckled at her reaction.

“Relax.” He handed her her helmet and walked over to the bike after grabbing the key off the wall. Situating himself on it, he slid his helmet on his head. “Come on.”

“A-Aniyo. I’m not getting on that thing.”

“Well, there won’t be room for you in the car.”

“Can’t I switch places with HyeSu or something?”

JaeJoong snorted. “She’s not exactly the person I want clinging to me.”

She frowned. “But it’s okay if it’s me?”

“Ne. You’re harmless and I wouldn’t feel violated after.”

“I’m not sure whether or not to take that as an insult or a compliment, but fine,” she said and got on behind him. She put her helmet on and wrapped her arms around his waist, yelping when he suddenly accelerated.

ChangMin and the others watched as a black Corvette was parked in front of the gate and the gate slowly began to open.

“Mr. Kim,” they all heard the obvious servant ask as two people on a motorcycle pulled up beside him. “Who would you like to drive?”

“No way,” HyeSu said. “Is that Boa on the back?”

“So cool,” ChangMin said.

“InSu,” they heard JaeJoong respond through his helmet. “He looks like he knows how to handle a car.” Then he accelerated a little bit more and took his helmet off. “If there’s even one scratch on my car, I’ll kill you,” he told InSu. “Understood?”

“N-Ne,” InSu replied still shocked that he was going to get to drive a Corvette. He didn't even care that JaeJoong was a jerk anymore.

“Good. You’re going to follow me.”

Excited they all ran to the car and got in. Rolling his eyes, JaeJoong put his helmet on and sped off with the others behind him and Boa gripping onto him for dire life.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

(A.N): Hm... I would've updated last weekend, but as most of you know an incident occured in Japan not to long ago... and I have people I love there... however, the incidents don't seem to be stopping... I just hope that everything eases up eventually and for anyone else who has someone they love there I wish you luck... ~Always Keep the Faith