Secrets Revealed

The Other Side

The door to the classroom slid open and the class gasped as he entered, hands in his pockets and chin held high. “Yah,” he began not trying to be quiet. “Where’s ChinSun?” No one said a word at first and as a result he kicked the empty desk over in the back.

“M-Mr.Kim, I’m trying to teach here,” the teacher said hesitantly.

“Aish. Teach? If you teachers knew how to do your jobs correctly more of the students would be getting good grades at this school. All you guys do is waive the grades to make it look good so the student thinks they’re doing a good job and this school can stay on the top of the list for the best education.” He walked down the front and stared down at the rather short man. “So, don’t make me laugh.”

“Yah,” one of the students yelled. “That’s not true. I worked hard for the B I have.”

“Ne,” he replied turning around to face the class. “Some of you do, but don’t you find it odd that the people who continuously fail the tests and homework still manage to make it out of this school alive with C’s in every class?”

“That… you have a point,” the student mumbled and sat down.

“Enough of that though. I’m getting off topic. Where’s ChinSun?”

“She normally doesn’t come to… class,” the teacher uttered.

“… and where can I find her,” he asked staring at the man over his shoulder.

“Anywhere but a classroom.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

He found her sitting on the bleachers by the baseball field with her friends. There was no need for him to even have to say anything because one of the girls noticed him and ran up to him. “JaeJoong-Oppa,” she said excitedly. Apparently he was popular among the outcasts and bullies.

“Yah,” he called out to the rest of the girls sitting on the bleachers ignoring the one in front of him. “I’m looking for ChinSun.”

One of the girls in particular caught his eye and he watched her as she sat up from her position and pulled her earphone out of her ear. “Ne, that’s me.”

“I want to talk to you.” He eyed the girls. “Alone.” Without another word he made his way down the baseball field to a set of tables.

ChinSun already knew what he wanted to talk about and sighed while following him. She watched him sit down and lean against the wall while crossing his legs. “Look, YunHo-Oppa already talked to me…”

“ChinSun, you’re aware of your position, right?”

“Ne, Oppa, but you don’t know how Boa really is. She acts nice and everything, but she just thinks that she’s better then all of us even the Elites.” She sat down across from him. “She just really pisses me off sometimes.”

“Tch, yah, ChinSun, how do you know what type of person she is if you haven’t even bothered to get to know her?”

“… but, Oppa…”

JaeJoong stood and leaned over her to place his hands on her shoulders. “I’ll tell you what; if you start being nice to Boa until graduation day then I’ll make sure that my father gives your father a raise. I know it’s been hard on your family due to all the budget cuts, so I’ll make sure that your father gets a handsome advantage.”

ChinSun’s eyes widened and she tried to hold back her tears remembering how her father had barely been able to afford getting everyone gifts for Christmas. “You would do that?”

He nodded. “You’re father just started working for us however, so it would odd for him to move up so fast but I think I can make it happen. Only if you promise to be kinder to Boa.”

“Arasseo, I’ll try.”

“Good. Try to bring your grades up too. I know you’re a lot smarter then the C’s you’re getting.”

She nodded. “Why do you care about Boa so much though? You don’t know her either.”

His eyebrow rose. “She’s my Subordinate which makes her my responsibility. As you already know, I failed with my last Subordinate. I don’t intend to do it twice.”

“Ne, I almost forgot. Making sure your Subordinate succeeds is part of your grade, and after you’ve received two marks for being a poor Elite you can no longer be one.”

“Ne,” was his simple reply as he turned away from her. “I’ll let you know what I can do for your father in about a week.”

“Thank you, Oppa,” she called out to him as she watched him walk away and lift his hand in a gesture of a wave before heading back into the school.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“It was fate that I got YunHo-Oppa as my Elite,” Ki HyeSu bragged as the Subordinates sat down at one of the tables in the classroom.

“YooChun-Oppa’s better,” Cho EunMi said, her face slightly scrunched up, but adorable. “He’s funnier.”

Boa didn’t say anything at first and just sat there.

“What is it with all the girls crushing on the elites,” Shim ChangMin grumbled as he leaned back in his chair. “I can’t even get a girlfriend, because all of the girls are obsessed with the hyung’s.”

“You must not hate them that much if you’re calling them hyung,” HyeSu teased.

ChangMin blushed slightly. “So what if I call them that? I never said that I didn’t respect them.”

Dae InSu laughed. “I don’t know why you haven’t gotten a girl yet. You’re pretty adorable.”

“Shut up,” ChangMin said as he blushed a little more. “That’s gay.”

HyeSu snickered. “He’s got a point though. You are pretty cute. You too, EunMi.”

“Am not,” EunMi said defensively, blushing, only to receive a pat on the head by a smiling InSu.

“So, what about you and JaeJoong, Boa? I bet he’s a handful.” HyeSu smirked at her.

Boa thought that if Bae SeulGi and Ayumi Hamasaki didn’t attend the school that HyeSu would be the prettiest girl on campus, but it didn’t erase the fact that she was a . “Why are you so interested,” Boa asked clearly unfazed by her challenge.

“Surely you guys have gotten to know each other a little bit better. Tell me, is he as cold as he when ing as he is with people?” The table grew quiet at HyeSu’s bold statement.

“Why don’t you give him a try yourself? That is what you do after all, right? Screw all the guys at school?” With all of the things she had been dealing with lately, Boa really didn’t care what she said or did anymore. She wasn’t even sure if becoming a Subordinate was the right idea to begin with.

“Tch. I’m gonna ignore that for your sake.”

“I’m so thankful,” Boa drawled sarcastically.

HyeSu rolled her eyes. “I bet he wouldn’t you anyway if given the chance. I heard his last Subordinate dumped him because she was only using him to get to YunHo.” She sighed. “That’s probably why he’s so bitter now.”

“Oh? Is that what you heard?” Everyone at the table tensed and looked beside HyeSu to see JaeJoong standing there. His voice was cold and distant. HyeSu opened to say something, but JaeJoong cut her off. “You know, HyeSu, you’re a lot more attractive when your mouth is closed, but I guess old habits die hard.”

InSu and ChangMin snickered while HyeSu blushed and remained quiet.

Satisfied with her response JaeJoong motioned for Boa to follow him and made his way out of the class.

“JaeJoong-Oppa, where’s everyone else,” she asked once she was out in the hall.

“At the student council meeting.”

Her eyebrows rose. “Don’t you have to go too?”

“I told them that I had more important business to take care of.” He began to walk down the hall with his hands in his pockets, Boa trailing behind him.

“With me?”

JaeJoong sighed. “You ask too many question,” he said as he entered an empty classroom. Grabbing his bag that was sitting on one of the desks he reached inside it for something.

“Mainhe,” she mumbled and almost didn’t catch the container filled with food that he tossed at her. “You brought me lunch?”

“Aniyo. I had extra,” was his excuse. “Don’t apologize either. You didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Kamsahamnida, Oppa,” she said while blushing and sat down.

He watched her for a moment before sitting on the desk next to hers by the window and starting to eat too. “Mainhe… for how I acted towards you before. I know that I can come off a bit harsh sometimes, but… I don’t really mean it.”

She paused in opening her lunch container and looked at him. “I… it's okay… sometimes I need to think about the things I say before I say them too. I’ve always been stubborn like that, I guess.”

“We’re even then. No hard feelings?”

“Ne,” she said with a nod as she stared down at her lunch. “Ah, it looks so delicious.”

JaeJoong only smiled and decided against telling her that he had made her lunch as a beginning for his apology. A calming silence fell over them as they ate until Boa broke it.

“Ah, Oppa, you have…,” she trailed off as she pointed at his face.

He caught the hint and his lips in an attempt to get it off.

“Aniyo.” She dug in her uniform jacket pocket for a napkin and stood up to wipe a piece of rice off the corner of his mouth. “There,” she said smiling. Boa blushed suddenly when she realized how close they were and she lowered her hand.

“Kamsahamnida. I’ll go get us something to drink,” he said as he made his way out of the classroom. Sliding the door closed, he shook his head and ran a single set of fingers through his hair.

“Arasseo,” she mumbled after she saw him slide the door closed and sat back down with a sigh.

JaeJoong made his way down the hall, his mind trying to sort through what had just happened back in the classroom. “Aniyo, it’s nothing,” he mumbled to himself.

“JaeJoong-ah.”

He stopped and turned around to find SeulGi running after him.

“Aish, you walk fast,” she said while trying to catch her breath.

“Mainhe, I didn’t hear you calling me.”

“That much is obvious. Why weren’t you in the council meeting? I thought you said you had something important to tend to.” Her fingers made quotation marks when she said ‘important’.

He waved his hand in dismissal. “Either way, there’s no point in me being there. YunHo does most of the work anyway.”

“You’re still a part of the student council, though. Or have you forgotten that? I’m starting to wonder if you’ve forgotten you’re an Elite too. Ever since what happened last year you’ve drifted farther and farther away from us.”

His expression softened and he sighed. “You know I don’t mean to.”

SeulGi’s eyes saddened. “I know, but we worry about you. Sometimes… sometimes I feel as if I’m trying to keep you from falling off of a cliff, and every day my hold on you grows weaker and weaker.”

“I’m not going to fall off of a cliff or anything. You’re making this more serious then what it is.” He looked away from her, his eyebrows furrowed.

“JaeJoong-ah,” she uttered as she took a step closer and buried her face in his chest. “I know that she hurt you, and I know that you’re still suffering. But if you don’t move on, you won’t ever be happy.”

He didn’t hug her but he didn’t push her away either. “Yah, I already have YunHo scolding me. Do you have to do it too?”

SeulGi hit him hard on the chest suddenly. “Damn it, JaeJoong-ah, why do you have to make everything so difficult? We’re just trying to look out for you.” She glared up at him and placed her hands on her hips.

He rubbed where she had hit him and hissed in pain. “Aish, that hurt…”

“Good. Maybe it knocked some sense into you.” She sighed after a pause. “Now I have to get back to the meeting, and I hope you’ll be attending the next one.”

“Ne,” he mumbled while still rubbing his chest.

SeulGi leaned up to kiss him on the cheek before turning away from him and running down the hall.

“Psst,” Boa whispered while peeking around the door frame of the classroom. “I think she likes you.”

“Yah, do yourself a favor and don’t be so nosy.”

She smiled as she held her hands up in defense. “I’m just saying. I think it’s cute.”

JaeJoong growled.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

She made her way through the hallways of the mansion, her duster in hand, prepared to clean anything that she saw needed cleaning. Her eyes had caught a few speckles of dust on one of the tables just below the stairs and she moved to clean it until she heard someone yelling.

“Master Kim! Everyone Mr. Kim is home!”

“Why are they getting so excited,” she asked herself thinking that they were referring to one of the young Mr. Kim’s.

The young, yelling girl ran up to her, but she held her hand up to halt anymore speech. “Calm yourself child. I’m too old to have someone yelling at me.”

“I’m sorry elder MiSu, but Mr. Kim is here. Not the boys but…”

MiSu’s eyes widened. “Did he phone in to inform us or anything?”

“No ma’am. He just showed up out of nowhere in a limousine.”

MiSu made her way to the front door with the girl in tow, and paused at what she saw. “Mr. Kim.”

The man let one of the maids remove his trench coat from his shoulders and glanced over at his dedicated maid MiSu. “Just the woman I was looking for. I need you to set up a meeting with Jung YunHo’s father. We have business to discuss.”

“Sir, by any chance,” MiSu began. “… would you be here early for Master JunSu’s birthday?”

Mr. Kim’s eyebrow rose. “I’ve already dealt with his birthday by giving him an advance in his allowance.”

“With all due respect, Mr. Kim, that’s not what he wants. He wishes to see you, his father…”

“Miss MiSu, are you telling me how to take care of my own children?” He took off his suit jacket as he walked over to her and loosened his tie. “JunSu will have to grow up eventually whether he likes it or not, because his daddy isn’t going to hold his hand forever.”

“I know that, sir…”

“You’ve been a loyal servant to me for some time now, right MiSu?”

“Yes sir.”

“However loyal, I’m afraid, you’re still replaceable.” He patted her on her shoulder and made his way to his office. “Remember that.” Turning around to look at her again, he added, “I almost forgot. Tell JaeJoong to prepare for a meeting when he gets home from school. He’ll be tagging along."

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: R&R!!