beautiful stranger. no, husband-to-be

The Marriage Contract

chapter04 --- beautiful stranger. no, husband-to-be.


Jieun's Point Of View.

 

Dinner's tonight. Yay! Why not the friend of my parents just delay the dinner again? Dinner, business dinner again. But my mom keeping on telling me that this dinner gonna different with other dinners that we attended before. She said its important for our family and our family business. Maybe this is the reason mom and dad taking this dinner so important. I never asked if our family company having any financial problems or what, maybe they're having right now? Who knows?

 

Its 3:06PM now, my mom dragging me and Jiyong with her to the salon in Gangnam to have the hair done. I didn't asked for much, just asked the hairstylist try and make me looked simple and elegant. In the other hand, mom didn't let allowed Jiyong to choose his hairstyle but my mom chosen for him. Mom properly knows that he gonna get himself something stylish and fashionable which are totally different theme from formal. 

While waiting for my hair done, I relaxed myself and closed my eyes; wishing this moment will gone fast and the dinner too. Who knew what will happen at the dinner? I never saw mom have so much preparing for a dinner and dragging us with her. This, really is the first time. I wonder who gonna have dinner with us. They must be someone rich. Money must be the main point of the dinner. Or maybe not?

I 'accidentally' fall asleep while the hairstylist doing my hair. I dreamt something. Something crazy, something I never imagined or something I never think before: Wedding. In the dream, I was wearing a white wedding grown with a stranger who looked the same age as me standing beside me. Both of us said our vows and exchanging rings. I can't see his face clearly, but I'm sure he was good looking. Until the time I have a chance to see his face, I was waken by Jiyong.

"It's nice sleeping in salon right?" he laughed. "I can even see saliva dripping."

I hurried used my hand and wipe my mouth, but nothing watery. Damn, got fooled.

"Hahaha! Looks how cute are you!" Jiyong laughed again.

"Shut it, Jiyong before you want your new hairstyle becomes a pile of grass." I warned and walked to my mom.

 

"Mom, can up we go now?" I asked as I walked beside to her.

"Wait, just a moment. I need the hairstylist to fix my fringe." My mom answered and keeping fixing her fringe with her bare hands. But there's nothing strange with her fringe. 

"Mom. It's okay with your fringe. It's getting late now okay?"

No respond from my mom, but still the same fixing her fringe which looks perfectly fine.

"MOM!" I yelled; annoyed.

"Fine, fine. Let's go now. At least give me a moment to pay okay?" My mom finally stopped to fix her hair and walked to the counter.

When we were at the counter, I found no sense of Jiyong. I looked to the every corner of the salon, until I found him talking with a bunch of guys outside the salon. I walked to the enterance and meet up with them.

"Jiyong, we are leaving soon. Get prepare." I announced. Those guys looked at me, like they knew who am I.

One of the boy broke the moment and introduced himself. "You must be Jieun right? I'm Youngbae, remember?"

His name sounds familiar.

Jiyong laughed. "Her brain was older than anyone of us, so she properly won't remember you, YB."

I glanced at Jiyong and he looked at others.

"Sunny oppa, remember?" That Youngbae guy asked again. Suddenly, childhood memories playing back on my mind. And yes, I remembered him.

"Yes, I remembered. You threw away my ice-cream when we were young, Sunny oppa." I smiled. I called him Sunny oppa because people called him Taeyang which means Sun in Korean.

"Hahaha!" He laughed. "You must remember them too right? Seunghyun, Seunghyun and Daesung."

Yes, I remembered them and will never forget about them. They were Jiyong's best and closest friends since they were young. They always team-up and 'bully' me when they came to my house. But until when we moved to New York, we have lost contact with them. It's hard to believe that Jiyong found them or they found Jiyong.

I smiled at them and pointed at them, one by one. "Panda, Seunghyun oppa and the loudest oppa."

They laughed together and girls are looking. Wait, no. Girls already looking while I wasn't here.

"It's unbelieveable that you remember us!" Daesung said and hugged me.

"Of course. Who will forgot you guys who always pull my hair and took away my Barbie dolls?" I hugged him back.

"I'm innocent." Panda said with both of his hands up. "And please call me Seungri."

"O-okay, Seungri?"

"Yeah, that sounds more like it." Seungri said. Expected, he will always do something that people will never imagined.

"How are you, TOP?" I asked and smiled widely at him. He looked at me confused.

"How you know my nickname?" he asked.

"I saw your performing videos on YouTube." I smiled. He liked music since we knew each other.

"Your memory isn't that old. Hmm.." Jiyong said.

"I'm younger than you. Save this to your mind." I answered back.

Suddenly, a voice called which belongs to my mom. "Are you guys done chatting yet?"

"Yes mom." Jiyong answered.

"Hi Mrs Kwon! Do you remember us?" Seungri greeted.

My mom looked at them for a while and nodded. "Yes, I remember you guys. Youngbae, Seunghyun, Daesung and the young Seunghyun right?"

"Yes!" Daesung cheered.

"Oh it's time to go. See you guys soon alright?" My mom said and hurried walked to her car. The boys bowed to my mom and waved at us.

 


When arrived at the restaurant at 7:43PM, which is 13 minutes late. Thanks to my mom who need almost one and the half hour to have her make-ups done. The fancy restaurant located at Gangnam, yeah Gangnam style. We walked in to the restaurant, then the waitress welcomed us and took us to the VIP room. Before we leave for the dinner, I asked some information about the friend of my parents from my dad. My dad just answered me that they were kind and from wealthy background, obviously.

The waitress knocked at the door softly but at least someone can heard it. There must be people inside there already. We were damn late. The waitress opened the door for us and bowed. I saw there were 3 people. One early 50 man; one mid-40 years old woman and one almost the same age guy there. They were formally dressed like us.

The woman stood up and walked to me. I smiled at her, as a manner. She held my hand and looked me from head to toe. "You must be Jieun, right?"

"Yes." I smiled then bowed at her.

"It's been almost 5 years we didnt met!" That man greeted.

5 years? I didn't even met him before.

"Yes, we are! You looked the same, Sangjae!" My dad replied.

"How have to been, Junghee?" The lady greeted my mom.

"Good with these two kids." My mom replied.

"Aww! Just don't stand there, take a sit. Junghee! And also Jieun and her brother." That lady offered.

Jiyong and I smiled awkwardly and just realized that the boy didnt came and greet us at all.

"It's Jiyong, ahjumma." Jiyong said awkwardly.

 

I walked and sat between Jiyong and my mom, but the lady asked me to switch seat with Jiyong which happens beside that cold boy.

"Oh yeah! I haven't introduce my son yet." The lady jumped. "This is Kim Myungsoo, my son."

He didnt bother to look up and look anywhere but just glued at the menu.

"Kim Myungsoo." The lady hissed.

The Myungsoo boy closed the menu and place it on the table loudly.

"Annyeonghaseyo." he greeted.

"Aww! What a handsome boy." My mom praised. It's that a compliment or what? Look at him, his attitude.

"Introduce yourself, kids." my dad ordered.

I looked at Jiyong and gave him a singnal to ask him to introduce himself first. He smiled at me and said "My sister would like to introduce herself first."

You gonna pay for this, Kwon Jiyong!

I have no a choice but stand up and introduce myself to them. "Annyeonghaseyo." I bowed. "My name is Kwon Jieun."

I hurried sat down after I said my name.

"Your daughter looks really pretty." That man whispered to my dad.

 

--- FASTFORWARD ---

After we have our meals finish, the parents were talking to each other, like they will never met again; while Jiyong glued his eyes to his iPhone and that Myungsoo too. I can't help it but listening to what the parents are talking about. Business, families, business and families.

"Okay so. Lets end our topic here. Shall we go into our main point? Junghee?" The lady announced.

My mom smiled happily and nodded. As for the fathers too.

"Tell me it's not business again." Jiyong hissed.

"Kwon Jiyong, behave." My mom warned.

Jiyong rolled his eyes and apologize.

"So, who wanna announce this good news?" The lady asked.

"Let's ask the fathers to announce." My mom suggested.

"Good idea. Dad and dad, your turn." The lady informed.

Jiyong and I were looking at each other. What are they gonna announce?

Like a give a about it? Jiyong eyed me back.

Both of the fathers stood up. "Well, today is the day that we have been waiting for and I really excited for this. I'm really glad that I can met Jieun." That man said.

What am I doing with this?

"We, have planned this long ago, on the phones. This must be sounds totally insane for the young people, but it has been decided by both of the parents." he continued. "I know I'm begin grandma here. So what have we decide is a marriage."

What?! Marriage? Yes! This is totally insane. And please don't arrow me!

"Between my son, Kim Myungsoo and my best friend's daughter, Kwon Jieun." He finally announced.

OMG. I think I'm gonna faint. I looked at my parents, they were extremely happy. Then I moved my eyes to Jiyong, he looked totally shock, like me. Finally, I moved my eyes to Myungsoo who gonna be my future husband, NO. I slightly looked at him. He looked totally fine about this. I don't know why I can't get off my eyes from him. He seems familiar to me.

"You will have a long time to see me." he said coldly.

"I-I'm sorry." I hurried look away. 

"It's okay, my wife-to-be." he winked at me and the first time I saw his face clearly which is totally flawless.

"W-what?" I said. Dumbfounded. 

"Relax, we gonna get married soon. It's okay to call you like this, my wife-to-be." he smirked.

Wife-to-be? Oh my goodness, this can't happened on me!

"I guess you have to call me as your husband too." he kissed on my forehead then walked away and leave me dumbfounded again.

 


 

—★ author's little corner.
 
hello readers! ^^
 
this is kissandtell here.
 
here's an updates for you guys!
 
thank you for the one who up-voted this fanfic! *tears of joy*
 
please do comment below about this fanfic!
 
and for those who haven't subscribe, please subscribe! *puppy eyes*