l.kim?

The Marriage Contract

chapter03 --- l.kim?


— It's a designer handkerchief that the stranger left for Jieun. Jieun looked at every corner of the handkerchief and found there are words on the left corner. L.Kim, it wrote. L.Kim? Who's L.Kim? Jieun had no idea who is L.Kim. She looked at the note that he left and trying to picture his face on her mind.

Is he younger than her?

Is he handsome with perfect figure?

Is he older?

How does he looks like?

Does he looks like the K-Pop idols?

But unfortunately, it doesn't works. Suddenly she realized that the guy had left, maybe he was at somewhere near her. Jieun stood up and look around but no sense of anyone but some children and couples. She gave a heavy sigh and walked to the bus stop. She kept the note and the handkerchief that L.Kim left for her inside her bag.

 

Jieun got home, that time was about 6PM which her parents and Jiyong will started preparing for the business dinner tonight.

"I'm home." Jieun called when the servant opened the door for her.

"Welcome home, ahgasshi." The servant greeted and bowed. Jieun smiled at her and slightly bowed back. Jieun looked around her house, she doesn't saw anyone at home. Maybe they had left to the dinner. The servant sensed Jieun looking for her family.

"Mr and Mrs Kwon are at upstairs." The servant informed.

Oh? They haven't left for the dinner yet?

"Aren't they should left for the dinner with their friend?" Jieun asked.

"No. From what I heard from Mrs Kwon, the friend of theirs had delayed the dinner to tomorrow night." The servant explained and smiled.

"Oh, good. So where's Jiyong?" Jieun asked again. Yay, no more dinner for tonight.

"Young master is having dinner in the dinning room. Have you ate yet? Do you need me to prepare your dinner?" The servant asked.

"No thanks. I'm not hungry." Jieun said and walked to her room upstairs.

The servant nodded and walked back to the kitchen.

 

While walking back to her room, Jieun's mother called, "Dear, you're home? Why you didn't came back with your brother? Have you eat yet? If no, I'll call ahjumma to cook you something." 

Jieun turned back to her mother and smiled.

"I'm not hungry, mom. Well, I met some friends in the mall and we went to have some coffee and cakes." She lied.

"Oh okay. Anyway, the dinner with your father's friend had canceled tonight." Jieun's mother said.

Jieun nodded and said, "Yay, no more dinner."

Jieun's mother looked at Jieun anxiously. Most of the time when the parents said dinner canceled, both of their children will be very happy and cheering. But now, Jieun acted so different. Jieun's mother looked at her daughter and found out that her daughter's eyes were very watery.

"Hey dear, what happened to your eyes? It's so watery. Have you cried? Tell me what happened." Jieun's mother started to suspects.

Oh no!

Suddenly L.Joe appeared on her mind. Jieun feel that her tears are almost starting to fell. She can't help it but tried her best to hold her tears. She doesn't want anyone to worry about her especially her family.

"Nothing happens, mom. It just dust flew inside my eyes." Jieun smiled, not the real smile that she usually used to smile.

"Okay. Take a rest, dear. You seem tired. Tell me when you're hungry, okay? I will cook something for you." Jieun's mother opened her daughter room's door for her daughter.

Phew. Mom doesn't know anything yet. Glad that Jiyong had keep his mouth shut.

"Thanks mom." Jieun smiled.

"Oh yeah. Your friend, Byunghyun left a message, he asked you to call him." Jieun's mother reminded.

That jerk again.

"I will, mom."

 

Jieun went inside to her room and locked her door, to make sure that her parents or either Jiyong won't suddenly came in. There are pictures of her and L.Joe. She stared at those pictures for a while.

Where is the L.Joe I used to know before?

There are pictures taken from when L.Joe helped Jieun to celebrate her birthday; their first date; their first anniversary and lot of them. They used to take pictures when both of them were together. She had tired to hold her tears, but she failed when all the memories playing back on her mind. Jieun can't help it and took all the pictures and threw them into dustbin.

 

After clearing all the pictures, Jieun lay on her bed with her bag beside her. She opened her bag and found the note that L.Kim left for her. She read the note again, she can't help it but laughed. 

Do I looked that funny at that time?

"L.Kim." Jieun said his name and smiled.

Jieun decided to gave a call to her best friend, Daehee who is knows lot of boys in Seoul.

"Hello?" Daehee answered.

"Dae! It's me. I need your help."

"What? Your Daehee is on your service."

"Hahaha! Stop it, Dae. Do you have any idea who is L.Kim?"

"L.Kim? You meant L.Joe?"

"Oh puh-lease, not that jerk."

"Jerk? What happened between you and L.Joe?"

"I'll tell you in school. You sure that you don't know who is L.Kim?"

"No more information about your L.Kim?

"I guess no.."

"Who is that L.Kim make you asked so much about him?"

"Hmm.. He kinda helped me and I need to thank him for a return."

"That's all?"

"Yes, that's all."

"Okay. I've to go now. Someone called."

"Okay, okay. See ya!" Jieun ended the call.

Even Daehee doesn't know who is L.Kim. This guy must be someone mysterious then.


"Mom, I'm home." Myungsoo called when he reached home. The mansion was big and well-designed in Eroupe style.

"Oh you're here." Myungsoo's mom called and went up gave her son a hug.

Myungsoo hugged his mother back and realized something.

"Wait, aren't you guys suppose to go dinner with your business partner?" Myungsoo asked.

"Nope. Your dad's flight from Shanghai got delayed due to the weather. So I delayed the dinner to tomorrow night." His mom stated.

"Oh okay. Good then!" He gave her mom a big smile.

"You seem really happy today."

"Hehehe. Guess I am." Myungsoo smiled wider when picture of Jieun appeared on his mind even he never saw her face.

 


 

—★ author's little corner.
 
hello readers! ^^
 
this is kissandtell here.
another update!
I will try and update often, okay? :)
anyway, i changed the story title from 'The Infinite Love' to 'The Marriage Contract'.
 
how is the story so far?
leave a comment & vote below here!
do subscribe! :)