[22]

She's That Girl!

 

“She’s a grown woman to be sleeping at her friend’s house. Please leave Haru be,” Himchan told his mother with irritation. “Will she be okay there?” His mother asked with concern, and Himchan nodded his head.

Locking his bedroom door shut, Himchan jumped onto his bed and thought about Haru. He had lied to his mother that Haru was at a friends place, when truthfully, he doesn’t even know where she is.

“Haru-yah, just where are you?” Himchan queried to himself, before dozing off.

 

“Yah, yah, wake up!” Taebin lightly pushed Haru. “What?” She rubbed her eyes, and soon stared at a piece of paper in front of her. “If you’re going to stay here, at least run some errands for me,” Taebin said, and Haru growled.

“It’s 7 in the morning, coach. Let me sleep,” she grunts, but Taebin pulls the blanket off of her completely. “My gym opens in an hour. It’s either you stay by the rules, or you don’t,” Taebin said, and Haru woke up in defeat.

After her usual morning business, Haru then dashed out to run the errands for her coach. Plus, they are just simple and easy tasks, in which Haru will be return back in time to train with the boys.

“Thank you, come again,” a cashier lady thanked Haru, and handed Haru’s change.

Holding the extra change, Haru decided to buy herself a Popsicle. She was out and hungry, and Popsicle will do. After buying herself the ice cream, Zelo came across her mind.

“Coach can wait,” Haru mumbled, as she headed towards the hospital.

When Haru reached inside the hospital, she went directly towards Zelo’s room. She opened the door slightly and peeked inside. Noticing that no one was inside the room, but just a sleeping Zelo, Haru entered inside immediately.

A smile spread across Haru’s face, as she was happy to see his bruises healing. Haru saw a Band-Aid of Zelo’s sticking out, so she decided to change it for him. Haru pulled the brown ugly Band-Aid off, and stuck a robot decorated Band-Aid on his forehead.

“My robot,” Haru whispered, and ran her fingers through his hair.

“Noona?” Zelo muttered, as he slowly opened his eyes and shifted his body around. “Sorry Zelo, it’s just me,” Himchan apologized, as he and Jongup entered inside the room.

“Oh, hey,” his voice could barely be heard, as Zelo was upset about what happened to Haru. “Zelo, you’ve got a new Band-Aid,” Jongup noticed quickly, and Zelo furrowed his eyebrows at his buddy.

“What do you mean?” Zelo wondered, as he touched his forehead. “Oh, Jongup is telling the truth. The design on here are robots,” Himchan chuckled, and a smile slowly crept on Zelo’s face.

“Noona,” he murmured.

 

Haru stood at the bus stop for about half an hour already, and hasn’t seen a bus come by yet. She was getting irritated, and annoyed at how Himchan decided to come and ruin her visit with Zelo.

Suddenly, a nice black Lamborghini stopped in front of Haru, and the window rolled down. Haru turned her head away to keep in sight of the bus, as she didn’t want to be nosy and check who’s in the car.

“Are you…Im Haru?” A male’s voice came from inside. “Why?” Haru asked back, not making any eye contact. “Do you not know who I am?” He asked, and Haru shook her head.

“I’m the one who brought your brother to the hospital. Daehyun’s father,” the man said, and Haru turned her head to face the man inside the car. “Hello, Mr. Jung,” she greeted him.

“Ah, don’t call me that. By the way, I was just coming to visit your brother, and saw you here. Did you need a ride of some sort?” Yoon Sup questioned.

“Thanks for your offer, but I’m fine waiting for the bus,” Haru replied politely. “Hmm, you act just like your mother,” he chortled, and Haru’s eyes widened in shock.

“You…know…my mother?” Haru asked, in hopes that maybe the man might know her father too. “Of course, I was her boy—guy friend back in high school,” Yoon Sup quickly corrected himself.

“Then you must know my Coach Taebin too!” Haru exclaimed, and Yoon Sup tilted his head. “Taebin?” He was unsure of the name. “Mm, Im Taebin!” Haru replied, making sure that her coach’s name would jog Yoon Sup’s memory.

“Ahhh! I remember that kid. He and I were…friends,” Yoon Sup muttered, and Haru raised a brow at the elder man. “Well, would you like a ride to where you are headed?” Yoon Sup questioned, as he changed the subject.

Haru checked for an arrival of a bus, but none in luck. Picking up the items she had bought, Haru jumped inside the beautiful black Lamborghini.

“So, how long have you known my mother?” Haru asked, trying to see if she can get information of her father. “I’ve known her for quite some time,” Yoon Sup answered, and nodded his head.

“Ah, then may I ask you a question?” Haru played with her fingers nervously. “Sure,” Yoon Sup turned to give Haru a smile.

“By any chance…do you know who my father is?” The question came out anxiously, but Haru had confidence.

“Aish!” Yoon Sup stepped hard on the break, as his head and Haru’s flew forward and bounced back. “Sorry, a damn stray dog ran past,” Yoon Sup assured Haru, and she nodded her head.

“Anyways, back to your question. Why do you ask?” Yoon Sup was curious about Haru’s question. “Well, I grew up without knowing whom my father is,” she answered, and stares out the window.

“Huh? That man by your mother the other day isn’t your father?” Yoon Sup pretended to act dumbfounded, and Haru shook her head.

“He’s my step-father. I’ve been searching for my biological father for quite awhile,” Haru answered, and then bit her bottom lip afterwards.

Yoon Sup glanced at Haru once more, and let out a quiet sigh. How unfortunate for the two, as Yoon Sup never knew that Haru existed, and Haru didn’t know she’s with her father now.

Fate didn’t seem to have brought luck to them, and give Yoon Sup and Haru the father and daughter love.

“Thanks for the ride, though I did nothing but questioned you about my mother,” Haru thanked politely, and grabbed her belongings. “So why are you staying with Taebin?” Yoon Sup wondered, before Haru could dash inside.

“He’s my coach, and almost like a father to me,” Haru answered. “What about at home?” He questioned, and Haru shrugged. “By the way, you look very familiar,” Haru said, changing the subject.

“Well, you must’ve seen me on television,” Yoon Sup flattered himself. “Haha, no, no. I don’t watch much t.v. Anyways, thanks again,” she bowed, and Yoon Sup added a head bow in return.

“Haru, what was—Yah, get inside this instant!” Taebin’s voice arose, as he recognized the extravagant vehicle. “Uh, yeh,” Haru runs inside the gym, and Taebin stepped forward to the Lamborghini.

“What are you doing?” Taebin asked Yoon Sup. “Tch, this isn’t high school anymore,” Yoon Sup answered. “I don’t care. If I were you, I’d stay far away from Haru. You had your chances, and you didn’t take them. Don’t think that you can fix everything now,” Taebin’s tone was stern and harsh.

“I can do what I want. I know that she is my daughter, and I’ll be claiming what is mine soon,” Yoon Sup replied back just as tough and punitive.

“Psh, if you knew what to claim, you wouldn’t have left Se Young and Haru growing up without a father,” Taebin spat his last words, and then enters inside the gym.

Taebin saw Haru putting the items she had bought away, so he abruptly came to stop her. Haru looked at her coach with a confused expression, as his grip on her wrist seemed to have tightened.

“Coach,” Haru called out to him, and Taebin released her wrist. “Go change,” he ordered her, and Haru obeyed his words.

 

After the short visit to Zelo, Himchan decided to be on a search for Haru again. Whilst doing so, Himchan got hungry and stopped by a fast food restaurant to grub first.

“Himchan!” Zico and Jaehyo were shocked to see their buddy, and shook hands with him. “Sup,” Himchan greeted the two boys. “We were just heading to the gym now, want to join?” Jaehyo asked. “Sure,” Himchan replied, in hopes of finding Haru there.

“So about Haru…” Himchan started off, wanting to know more of her past. “She should be at the gym,” Jaehyo said, chucking his head up. “That is her second home,” Zico cackled, and Himchan smiled.

“I’m talking about the past, not where she’s at,” Himchan replied, and Zico then nodded his head. “Ahhh! I remember when Zico got caught teaching Haru,” Jaehyo laughed, and Zico playfully punched his friend.

 

“You have to make sure that when blocking, don’t open your fist. Also, you have to keep your arm firm and strong,” Jiho explained, whilst training Haru. “So when blocking on from the bottom kick, I’ll open fists?” Haru asked, and Jiho nodded his head.

“Okay, I’m going to attack, and we’ll see—“

“Woo Jiho, what are you doing?” It was Coach Taebin’s voice, and Jiho jumped in fright by it. “Coach…” Jiho turned around and gave him a sheepish smile. “So?” The elder man raised an eyebrow at the young boy.

“Jiho’s in trouble now. I told you guys not to tell Coach Taebin about where he will train that girl,” Jaehyo scolded the young boys. “Jihoon told!” Kyung pointed at the youngest one. “Coach made me,” he pouted with defeat.

“Were my rules unclear?” Coach Taebin raised his voice. “Sorry,” Jiho apologized, and lowered his head in front of his coach. “I expect 50 pages copies of the rules, handwritten too, on my desk tomorrow morning,” Taebin’s tone was angrier than usual.

Haru then landed on her knees, with both hands also on the ground, gripping tightly onto them.

“Please, it’s not Jiho’s fault. Three boys attacked me, and Jiho came to help. He offered a helping hand, and I accepted. I shouldn’t have, as I didn’t know the rules,” Haru pleaded for mercy.

“You helped her?” Taebin asked Jiho, and he nodded his head steadily. “She was in trouble. Her stories were all real!” Jiho answered. “I should be the one to say sorry, not Jiho,” Haru spoke up, whilst still on the ground.

“I—“

“Haru! Haru-yah! Just what are you doing?” An elder woman’s voice yelled. “Mother,” Haru stood up from the grass. “Thank god Jun Hong told me where you were. Why are you doing this to my daughter?” Haru’s mother fired angrily at Coach Taebin.

 

“Then it got very strange. Since that day, Taebin became soft, and let Haru join. Her first few weeks around, Haru was found sleeping in the gym. I never knew the real story behind Coach Taebin and Haru’s mom, but Haru started training with us regularly,” Zico finished the story.

Himchan smiled to himself, as he though of Haru. He never thought that Haru would be such a soft person. As he had always seen Haru with anger built up inside her only.

“Your punches are so weak,” Haru laughed at Kyung, whilst teasing him. “My punches are weak? Please, I’m just going easy on you!” Kyung retorts, as Haru hugs her stomach and continues laughing.

“Haru?” Himchan was surprised to find her laughing in the ring. “,” her laugh came to stop with haste, as her eyes landed on Himchan.

“See, I told you that Haru would be here. This is her second home,” Jaehyo pats Himchan’s back, and smiled. “You both brought him here?” Haru questioned Jaehyo and Zico. “He’s been searching for you,” Zico replied, as he and Jaehyo then enters the back room.

“What are you doing here?” Haru asks Himchan, and exits out of the ring. “You left without a word! I got worried, and came to find you,” Himchan explains, as he runs over and hugs Haru.

The four boys who witnessed the scene, gasped in shock. Coach Taebin himself was flabbergast at Himchan’s doing.

“J-j-j-just what do you think you’re doing?” Haru pushed Himchan off of her, though she didn’t despise the warm embrace. “Haru’s blushing,” P.O whispered inside Taeil’s ear. “I am not!” She yells at the two chuckling kids.

“I thought that I had lost you forever. Did you know how many lies I had to tell my mom and Zelo, just so that they would be happy? I felt so bad, because I am not a liar,” Himchan was scolding Haru, and she plainly stood there staring at him with an emotionless expression.

“Have you eaten yet? I bought two extra burgers, and even one large fries, incase I’d find you,” Himchan rose up his bag of food, and swung it in front of Haru’s face. “Haru, you’ve trained all morning already. Take a break,” Coach Taebin spoke up from behind the counter.

Haru turned to face her coach, and he winked at her. Himchan gave Haru a giddy grin, when her gaze returned to Himchan.

“Use the deck out in the back,” Taebin offered the kids, and Himchan nodded his head hastily. “Let’s go!” Himchan gleefully cheered, as he drags Haru out to the back.

As the two settled down, and started to eat, Himchan then stirred up a conversation.

“What do you think will happen, when we get back to school tomorrow?” Himchan glanced at Haru, and gave her a small smile. “Does it matter?” Haru bit her burger, and sighed heavily.

“Well, if you think about it, Eun Yi might throw random worried questions at you. Remember, Yong Guk is getting to know her, and may have told her about what happened,” Himchan replied, trying to be at ease with Haru.

“Yeah, another topic to have it spread around the entire school,” Haru munched on her fries next. “Haru, why do you keep thinking about the negatives?” Himchan furrowed his eyebrows at her. “Why are you always bugging around me?” She questions him next.

Himchan sighed at Haru’s complication, and persistent acts. Maybe if he had met her a bit sooner, Haru would’ve opened up easily and not be very hidden.

“We’re friends now, remember?” Himchan gave Haru a warm smile, as he reaches out to rub the back of her right hand.

Haru suddenly recalls the time when, Zelo would always gently rubs her hand and assured her that everything would be all right. Plus, the warmth gaining from Himchan’s hand brought a smile to Haru’s face.

“I’ve been secretly visiting Zelo,” Haru spat out, and giggled slightly. “What? No way!” Himchan was thrown aback from what he just heard. “I am a sly fox,” she shrugged, and continued on eating her burger.

“Don’t tell me that you were the one who gave him that robot Band-Aid?” Himchan guessed, and Haru nodded her head whilst chuckling. “I had to. He loves robots,” Haru answered with a slight joy feeling inside.

Himchan felt butterflies flying all around entirely inside his body, as he couldn’t believe that he’s chatting with Haru freely. Not only freely, but comfortably as great friends. It was something that Himchan always wanted, and hoped for.

 

“Welcome back home, Haru. I was so dead on worried sick about you, when Himchan said that you would be spending a night over at your friend’s house,” Himchan’s mother greeted Haru, and hugged her.

“Thanks, but I returned back fine. Himchan made sure that I was safe,” Haru replied eye smiling at Himchan’s mother. “Finally that boy did something useful,” she joked, and Haru laughed half-heartedly. “Mom!” Himchan pouted cutely.

“You two should get ready for bed, as tomorrow is a weekday,” Himchan’s mother ushered the two teenagers. “Alright, alright,” both Himchan and Haru bowed, and soon headed off to bed.

Haru being sleepless tossed and turned around, as she couldn’t stop thinking about Himchan’s warmth. His scent even fell arousing the sheets, and Haru felt her heart beating quickly.

“Is this what falling in love feels like?” Haru muttered to herself, and then covered her face with a blanket, as she giggled.



 

HELLO, EVERYONE! I know, I know. WHERE HAVE I BEEN? WHEN IS THE NEXT UPDATE?!

I'm so sorry! Updates will come up more!

*On a side note: The story is close to its end. >___________<