[23]

She's That Girl!

 

The bright morning came along, and Himchan quickly darted towards Haru’s room. He wanted to be the first one to greet her. Unfortunately, Haru was already wide awake, and chatting with his mother in the kitchen.

“What are you doing, Himchan? Hurry and dress up. Breakfast doesn’t have all day, and school is waiting for you,” his mother spoke up, as saw Himchan still wearing his pajamas.

Haru giggled at the sight of him, and Himchan blushed. Sheepishly laughing at what his mother had said, Himchan ran back upstairs to change out of his pajamas, and in his school uniform.

“We’re off!” Himchan shouted, after having breakfast. “Come straight home after school, you both hear?” Himchan’s mother reminds the two kids. “Surely will, eomoni,” Haru smiled at her, and then walks out following after Himchan.

“Here, let me carry your bag for you,” Himchan offered, as he let his hand out to Haru. “You really want to carry it?” Haru questioned, and Himchan nodded his head. “How about you just carry me instead?” She decided, and jokingly jumps on Himchan’s back.

“Haru!” Himchan laughed at Haru, as she was purposely putting extra weight on her. “I’m just kidding,” Haru smiled, and threw her bag at him. “I could’ve still carried you,” he told her, and playfully pokes her sides.

“Stop it, I’m ticklish,” Haru chuckled, as Himchan continued on poking her. “Ohhh, is this your weakness?” Himchan queried, whilst running after Haru now. “You’ll never find my weakness!” She yelled back at the slow Himchan.

“Please, who says I won’t find it?” He asked, now catching up to the heavily panting Haru. “Me,” she turns to face him, and stuck a tongue out at him.

Himchan laughed half-heartedly at her jokes, and then pinched her left cheek softly.

“I see that you’re becoming to get used to my annoyingness,” Himchan said, as he and Haru finally got quiet for a while. “I’m going to have to, if I’ll be living with you for a while,” she replied with a tiny smile.

“Hey, about we both later go visit Zelo together?” Himchan suggests. “I don’t know,” she sighed in reply, as she thought about her parents. “He really misses you, and always asks about your whereabouts,” Himchan continued on, trying his best to convince her.

“But I can’t be there when my parents are,” Haru said, and Himchan nodded his head. “I promise that I’ll be on the lookout,” Himchan replied, and Haru playfully chucked his chin.

“Can you believe what I’m seeing?” Subin asked Haneul, as she watched Haru playfully laughing with Himchan. “No, no, no. This can’t be,” Haneul was shocked along with her friend.

“Oh, it seems to me like Haru had accepted Himchan to be her boyfriend,” Eun Yi in the conversation, as she smiled at her friend. “Tsk, don’t say that!” Subin yelled, but Eun Yi rolled her eyes.

“Well why wouldn’t she? Himchan likes Haru, not you,” Eun Yi snapped back at Subin. “He does not. Haru is just the type of girl, who Himchan would chase after to make sure she likes him. After he’s done, Himchan would open up to me,” Subin retorts.

“Keep on dreaming, woman. But I was told that Himchan had liked Haru since middle school. If I were you, I’d back off,” Eun Yi replied sternly.

Haneul then rush up towards Eun Yi, and pushed the girl away. Eun Yi was tired of their bullying, and pushed Haneul back also. Soon enough, both girls were at it with each other.

“Hey, hey, something is happening up ahead,” Haru alerted Himchan. “Oh , Eun Yi is fighting with Haneul!” A student exclaimed. “Let’s go!” Haru bellowed, as she ran towards the tiny-formed circle.

“Why won’t you take your friend Haru, and get out of town!” Haneul grabbed Eun Yi’s collar, and spoke up in the girl’s face. “Why won’t you go back home and brush your teeth!” Eun Yi then slapped Haneul off of her.

“Yeah! Go! Fight, fight, fight!” The students chanted.

Yong Guk just about arrived at school with Young Jae, and then heard the wild chant.

‘Go, Eun Yi, go! Beat Haneul up! Go, Eun Yi, go!’

“What the ?” Yong Guk raged over the audible crowd, and pushed the students aside. “Eun Yi-ah,” Haru finally got to the middle, and tried pulling her friend off of Haneul. “Eun Yi-ssi!” Yong Guk was surprised to see her go at it.

“Don’t stop me, Haru. I’m tired of these girls always bullying us around,” Eun Yi said, as she was violently punching Haneul. “No, Eun Yi, don’t do this. They’re not worth it,” Haru replied back, and then turned to give Yong Guk an expression of needing help.

Yong Guk then came and pulled Eun Yi off of Haneul, and Subin helped her friend sit up. The crowd died down, when the teachers came running out to the outside campus area.

“Haneul and Subin, come with me this instant!” The chemistry teacher yelled, as he eyeballed at the two girls angrily. “Yeh,” they bowed, and followed after the teacher.

“Shouldn’t you students be getting to class? Get going, now!” The rest of the teachers shouted at everyone. “Okay, okay,” were the replies from the mumbling students, as they entered inside campus.

“You were such a beast!” Haru cheered at her friend. “I did learn it from you,” Eun Yi giggled afterwards. “Girls, girls, stop being the badass ones,” Yong Guk joked from behind the two, and Himchan laughed shaking his head.

“Im Haru, I need to see you in my office,” the principal asked for her, right before she entered homeroom. “Oh, yeh,” she nodded her head, and followed the principal.

 

“I’m sorry for the problems, in which had happened to your daughter Haru. I promise that this wouldn’t happen in the future again. I will take all responsibility,” Subin’s mother apologized to Haru’s mother.

“Say your sorry,” Subin’s mother scolded her daughter. “You too, Haneul,” Haneul’s mother whacked her head. “Aish! Sorry, Haru,” both girls glanced away from gazing at Haru.

“The problems had become greatly huge, as it seemed to have involved the cops and a group of gang called, EXID. Now if I were you, I’d take your daughter far away from mine, before I bring in the president,” Haru’s mother eyeballed at the two other mothers furiously.

“We understand,” the women bowed, and then dragged their daughters out of campus.

Haru turned to face her mother, and gave her a tiny bow. Her mother was just about to pet Haru’s head, but Haru backed away instantly.

“You didn’t need to come and play as my mother. I’m afraid that father Jae Bong must be upset,” Haru spoke up, with her back facing her mother. “Haru-yah, what are you saying?” Se Young was hurt by Haru’s words.

“Please, just take care of Zelo. He needs you more than I do,” Haru replied lastly, and then headed back to homeroom.

It’s not that Haru wasn’t glad her mother came, but the fact that it’ll be another excuse for her stepfather to disown her even more. Haru didn’t plan on making her life like this.

If only she had a family with her biological father, Haru perhaps wouldn’t have gone through so much enduring.

 

“Ahh, so those two girls finally got cut?” Young Jae asked, and sighed with relief. “Yeah, thank god,” Yong Guk smiled, as he now dreams more of happy times with Eun Yi. “What a creep,” Young Jae muttered lowly enough for himself to hear.

“Where are you going, Himchan?” Yong Guk asked his friend, as he saw Himchan standing up from his seat. “Going to look for Haru. She might be hungry,” he answered, and then leaves the canteen.

Truth was, Himchan saw Daehyun walking towards the seniors’ level, and decided to follow.

“I’m going to get drinks. Want anything specific?” Eun Yi asked Haru, as the two ladies stood up on the rooftop. “Just water,” Haru answered, and her friend nodded her head.

Seconds later, the door to the rooftop opened. Haru was taken aback at how fast Eun Yi took, and turned over to find Daehyun instead.

“Sup, sup,” he greeted her, as he waved with the injured hand. “You lied to me,” Haru said, tilting her head. “Lied to you? When did I ever do that?” He asked confused at what Haru meant.

“You knew how to fight, and purposely had those kids beat you up last time,” Haru replied, and Daehyun guiltily smiled. “About that…” he lightly scratched his nape, and Haru chortled.

“Thanks though,” she thanked him, and continued back eating her lunch. “For?” Daehyun threw her another questioning look. “For what you did the other day. You injured your hand for saving me,” Haru responded with a smile, and Daehyun cackled.

“Well, you are a friend after all. Also, very worth saving too,” Daehyun replied. “You and Himchan. Just how is it that you two think so alike?” Haru asked, and Daehyun shrugged cutely.

Himchan was getting pretty jealous, as he watches from afar. Just who does Daehyun think he is, chatting away freely with his Haru? Himchan thought he could be that poor kid’s friend, but he just can’t.

Daehyun was definitely a rivalry, and Himchan would fight against the boy for Haru. He despised the fact that Daehyun hides being friendly with the team, but is all joy and laughter with Haru.

Practice came along, and Haru stayed behind to wait for Himchan to get off. The both of them were going to visit Zelo later, and so she decided to just wait. Although boredom killed her immediately, and Haru wanted to leave.

“I’ll be in the library. If I watch you guys shoot anymore hoops, or the sound of that orange ball bouncing, I’m going to be insane,” Haru told Himchan, when they were whistled to be on break.

“Aww, is this also one of your weakness?” Himchan joked with her, and Haru scowled. “Stop trying to find my weakness, Himchan. You ,” she stuck her tongue out at him, and Himchan laughed.

“I’ll come get you when we’re done then,” he insisted, and Haru nodded her head. “I will be on the fiction aisle,” Haru told him, and then leaves the gym.

Himchan turns around, and spots Daehyun’s gaze following after Haru. He grew anxious, and then purposely threw a basketball at the kid.

“Hyung,” Daehyun was shocked at Himchan’s doing. “You and me, one on one,” Himchan called the boy out. “What?” Daehyun was confused, but then followed Himchan to the middle of the court.

Yong Guk and Young Jae were both still enjoying break, until they saw their friend playing up against Daehyun.

“I want to know something about you, Daehyun,” Himchan spoke loud enough for only the kid to know. “What is it, hyung?” The young boy asked, as he looked at Himchan confusedly.

“Do you like Haru?” He spit out the question, and Daehyun gave him a disgusted look. “Seriously? You think that I like Haru?” Daehyun questioned, as Himchan’s gaze remained firm.

“I don’t know, but after I win the game, you’re going to tell me,” Himchan muttered, and then dribbled ahead of Daehyun. “What?” Daehyun turned around, and saw Himchan shot in a beautiful two pointer.

“2-0,” Himchan kept the score. “You’re insane,” the boy mumbled, and then ran up to steal the ball from Himchan.

“Woah, I’ve never seen Himchan this heated before,” Young Jae said, and then drank his water. “Did that Daehyun kid trigger Himchan?” Yong Guk asked, noticing how Himchan is playing with mostly out of anger.

“I wouldn’t say, because Daehyun barely does anything,” Young Jae answered. “Then why is Himchan so heated?” Yong Guk wondered, whilst watching the game.

 

“Haru,” Himchan tapped her shoulder, as he quietly whispered out her name. “Done already?” Haru asked, as she was reading a book. “Yeah,” Himchan answered with a smile.

“Ew, look at your sweaty face,” Haru teased, as she placed the book back to its original place. “Pfft, I know you like it,” Himchan purposely brushed his cheek against Haru’s.

Haru felt heart skipped a beat, as both their skin touched. Her eyes were opened widely, whilst the electric shock wave ran through inside her body.

“Haru, Haru-yah,” Himchan waved a hand in front of her face. “Uhmm, we should get going,” the tone in her voice changed, and Himchan was confused. “Did I do something wrong?” He questioned himself, and then shrugged it off.

While walking together on their way to the hospital, Haru tried her best at keeping her distant from Himchan. But every time she did, Himchan would catch up and be by her side.

“Yah, are we playing tag or something?” Himchan cackled, and Haru gave him a questioning look. “You keep running from me every time our hands touched side by side,” Himchan said with a beaming smile on his face.

“How was practice?” She changed the subject, as she didn’t want to talk about romantic stuff. “Oh! It was interesting,” Himchan answered nodding his head. “How interesting?” Haru asked.

“Well, you know. Just more dribbling, layouts, and playing against the team members to perfect you more,” Himchan tried not to talk about his game with Daehyun.

“Did something happen while I was gone?” Haru asked, raising a brow at him. “Tch, no,” he answered nervously. “Then why does it seem like you’re avoiding my question?” She asked, and Himchan scoffed.

“I answered it already,” he swayed his head from side to side. “Uh huh, sure you did,” Haru giggled. “I did!” Himchan pouted, and Haru shook her head.

As the two reached the hospital, Haru was upset at the outcome. Her parents were already in the room with Zelo, and she couldn’t see her younger brother. Himchan assured Haru that they still have tomorrow and many more days to come too, and turned back home.

Back at Himchan’s place, both Haru and Himchan worked on their homework assignment together, and even end up watching romance/action movies. Just then, Haru’s question gave him a sudden surprise.

“Himchan, how can you tell when you’re in love?” Haru gazed at Himchan, as his eyes remained glued onto the television screen. “Uhmm…why?” He asked, now facing her.

“I don’t know. I’m just quite curious, because these movies never really explain. The main couple just end up making out, and the next thing you know it, they’re together,” Haru explained, and then played with her hair.

“Because these are movies, duh,” Himchan rolled his eyes, as he shifted around on his spot. “Okay lover boy. I’m sorry,” Haru sarcastically replied, and Himchan lightly knocks her head.

“Yah!” Haru punches his arm. “Hey, I didn’t hit you that hard,” Himchan responds back, and gently pinches her cheek.

One thing leads to another, and the two started playfully fighting on the couch. Himchan then took over, when Haru was dying from laughter, by being poked on her sides.

Just then, Himchan started laughing too, as he didn’t noticed that his position was barely on top of Haru. She eye smiled at him, and brushed Himchan’s hair back, when the laugh died down.

“I don’t remember the last time I ever had this much fun. Thank you, Himchan,” Haru spoke up, and then leaned in to peck Himchan on the cheek. “Y-y-you’re welcome,” he stumbled over his words, and pulled away from her.

“I’m going to bed now,” Haru said, and Himchan just nods his head steadily. “Goodnight,” he replied, and Haru repeated the same back also.

“Hyung, what are you talking about?” Daehyun questioned, as he was nearly out of breath. “If you don’t like Haru, why are you hanging out with her all the time?” Himchan asked, as he too, leaned on the wall next to the kid.

Daehyun was taking time to breathe, and then sat up away from the wall.

“You wouldn’t believe me, if I tell you,” Daehyun muttered. “So you do like her?” Himchan asked once more. “No! I would never like Haru, as I know that you do. Just come up to the roof tomorrow morning, lover boy,” Daehyun chortled, and took off after practice.

“Yah, yah!” Himchan called after the boy. “I’m rooting for you and Haru, so chill,” Daehyun chuckled, and Himchan blushed immediately.

Himchan felt so stupid for assuming that Daehyun took a liking in Haru. Also, after being kissed without force by Haru, Himchan knew that he was close enough to making her his girlfriend.



 

OH MY GOD, like I just realized this is my first story, in which it's taking forever for the main girl to like the main guy. LMAO!

BUT BUT BUT!!! IT'S GOOD, BECAUSE THE FLOW ISN'T SO FAST. XDD

GAHHHHHHHHHHH!

*dying*