1. Run Away

Wanting To

Straight after the high school entrance examinations results came in, Jinki ran away to Seoul. He desperately wanted to get away from the burdensome life that his parents had bestowed upon him. Again after the exams, he had come in second. He knew he would. So on the day of the results, he had packed his bags meticulously and made sure no one would know that he was leaving. He decided not to take too many of his clothes in fear that the house keeper would find something amiss. While he had packed, Jinki was terrified at the thought of his father or mother possibly entering the room and demanding to know how he planned to rectify his mistakes if he failed to come first in the final exams.

On exam results day

Money
That word had froze him on the spot whilst he was packing. He had money, but it was all locked away tightly in a safe in some bank. His parents never gave him money to spend, he always had to beg for money, which most times ended up being futile. He looked around, thinking how flawed his running away idea was. They would come, find him, and then lock him up for good if he got caught; it would be another two years before he would see the light of day.

His hands began to shake uncontrollably as a small sob escaped his mouth. The clothes he had gathered fell from his hands and onto the floor as the door opened. Jinki swerved around and stared at the person standing at the door. It was Aya, the cleaning lady.

"Aya, what are you doing here?" His voice shook as he spoke. He had been caught. Jinki had yet to determine if Aya was a friend or foe. She had brought him up as his parents could never have. Aya had made him gutsy and bold, and made his hell-like life a little more worth living, but Jinki could never tell how his parents came to know about some of the things he had done. There were certain things which he had only told Aya, but somehow his parents had coincidently found out.

Therefore you could tell that Jinki didn’t trust anyone, not even the mother like figure standing before him. When his parents had found out about some of Jinki's secrets, it was because Aya had fought with them to help Jinki obtain some freedom. Aya's heart broke when Jinki began to ignore her and avoided talking to her.

Aya stepped into Jinki's room and closed the door behind her as she locked the door. When she turned to face him, Jinki noticed tears forming in Aya's eyes and he too began to cry.

"I beg you to not tell them, please." He whispered hoarsely, loosing his voice as more tears welled up. "I beg you."

Aya looked at him with love filled eyes and whispered, "I'll help you pack. I would never tell them, and I've hated the way you've had to live. Your parents trapped a beautiful boy like you into a world in which he didn't belong." Aya walked up to him and picked up the clothes that had fallen to the floor. Jinki stood where he was silently; his tears were drying up as he began to think.

He began to panic, thinking about what he would do when he got to Seoul. Money! How would he get to Seoul? He'd need somewhere to stay as well, somewhere his parents wouldn't think about looking, and by the time they did it would all be too late. A smile crept onto Aya's face as she had been observing him after having placed the last set of fallen clothes into his bag.

"Did you really think that I'm going to set you free into the big bad world without giving you any help? I'd been saving up some money knowing that this day would come soon, I took it out this morning on a hunch," Aya looked at him seriously before continuing. “I guess I was right, take this money." She handed him a brown envelope filled with crisp new banknotes and began to take more clothes out of the cupboard. Jinki stared at the envelope, it was quiet heavy. Gratitude filled him and he ran to Aya, crushing her in a smothering hug.

"Aya, remember this, you’re more of a mother to me than my biological one ever was. I will not ever forget the kindness you've shown me." He released her from his hold and took the clothes from her hands, placing them into the bag.

"If you think of me as a mother, then just once before you leave, call me mum. Then I will know that what I am doing is right and then no matter what the consequences are, I will not regret sending you away." Aya said.

Jinki smiled and said "I'll say it before I go," and then continued after sitting down on the bed. "I don't want to say goodbye until its time to go." Aya's heart warmed before she sat down and held his hand as he laid his head on her lap and began to sing a lullaby.


The next day

Jinki had arrived in Seoul by nightfall and his suspicion about having come second were true. He was walking around trying to look for a cheap room somewhere close to the city centre. Tomorrow he would go around to try and finding a job for the rest of the break and enroll at an IT school that he had badly wanted to attend since he started applying for schools. As he walked down the street, he noticed people going about their daily lives, coming home from work or going out to the norebang with friends.

Jinki felt good, for the first time in ages he was feeling grim but excited and anticipating the days to come. Despite being cold, he started to sing. At first he sung softly, more of a hum than anything else, and then words started to form.

Freedom is me,
Me is freedom,
Getting away,
is the best thing I did,
Not doing it,
would be the worst,
I've crushed my desires,
for way to long,
Now that I breathe,
I long to sing,
Out loud,
While I'm out and about,
I long to dance,
Like I ain't got another day,
‘Cause I've only got to worry about today.

It sounded as though he was talking to himself with a tune. At 15 years of age, he was happy for the first time in a long time. He carried on with his “talking-singing” to boost his moral as he took his surrounds in. He was standing outside a very tall building, which had to be 7 or 8 stories high. There was a big sign on the top of it which read, SME. Beneath the big logo, there were pictures of some really famous singers that he had never gotten the chance to listen to properly other than from passing by people in school; DBSK, Super Junior, the grace and The TRAX.

Jinki glanced at the pictures as he thought to himself how amazing it would be, to become a singer that’s loved by thousands of hundreds of people. He shook his head and scolded himself.

Stop with the wishful thinking, you've haven’t got any talent, so why do you even think such stupid thoughts? You could never join a company like this.

At this thought, Jinki started to walk away quickly, but only had the chance of taking a few steps before he bumped into someone and fainted.

THANKYOU TO MY AWSOME EDITOR dollface - AT SHINee International Forums :Dbiggrin.gif:D:D

-----


PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, no one likes Silent readers. and if anyone's read something similar in a fic let me know. because i don't want to have accidentally copied someone else's idea and work biggrin.gif
and if there are any spelling mistakes let me no!!! because i normally write in a rush so if there is anything biggrin.gif give me a chance to fix it by telling me biggrin.gif