04

This Sweetness

 

Later that afternoon, as planned, you guys arrived at a lake far from your home. Daehyun found a small stream and both of you enjoyed watching the small fishes fight the stream’s current. There were no tadpoles or loaches here, considering that they live in ponds.

 

It’s one of the afternoons that you loved since you came back. Just spending time with him is at ease, especially since everything both of you do trigger the crazy memories from when you two were young.

 

And soon, night fell; you nuzzle by Daehyun’s shoulder on your tatami floor, gazing at the stars from out the window. He’s studying, holding a big textbook out on his lap with light from the moon.

 

“Jung Daehyun, you know I don’t like you spending so much time here. Your exams?” His mother crosses her arm, standing in front of the large window, blocking the moonlight.

 

“I’ll do well mom. I’m studying, see?” He holds up his heavy textbook. “I’ll be doing exercises at school tomorrow.”

 

You immediately feel guilty for taking up so much of his time. His university entrance exam is going to be right before his graduation. It’s really important to him. Daehyun loves to study and learn. He’s a bright kid, always has been.

 

“You should get going, Dae. You still have school tomorrow.” You say, getting your head off of his shoulders.

 

Daehyun hesitates. “Mm…Okay. See you.” He stands up to leave, but before hopping out the window, he smiles at you, tilting his head and pursing his lips cutely.

 

“Bye.” You wave. There’s a strong desire to kiss him, but you hold back, slightly disgusted at that kind of thought. But you’re his girlfriend, it’s not wrong to touch him right?

 

The next morning, the birds were chirping outside with the sound of crickets cricking away. Today’s scorching hot, the dry kind that burns the air so that the usual cool wind can’t be of help. The temperatures are unstable lately. Either way, you have made up your mind to visit Daehyun’s school.

 

You’re curious of his everyday life at school. You want to see for yourself, the hardworking Daehyun during school. It’s like a total different him during school, a side that you can’t easily see. You want all of him.

 

“Umma, may I ask what class Daehyun’s in?” You turn up in front of Daehyun’s house right beside yours and ask his mother. She was busily hanging clothes, but still paid attention to you.

 

“Class 6.” She replies. “Don’t disturb him studying.”

 

“I won’t.” And you wave back at her, hopping on your bike and riding away. Maybe you can make some friends at Daehyun’s school. Would they find you weird? That a girl has just come back from a foreign country? Are they going to wonder why you don’t have to go to school? Well, that’s easy. You’re back because you’ve already graduated in that country and you’re back for university, which isn’t going to start until September.

 

To your surprise, Daehyun wasn’t in class 6. You asked a boy when the current class ended. “May I ask…Where is Jung Daehyun?”

 

“Daehyun? Oh, he’s in the prep class, preparing for a different entrance exam as us. Who are you?”

 

And so you tell him your name, while smiling at his adorable grin. “I’m Daehyun’s girlfriend. It’s nice to meet you.”

 

“Yongguk. Bang Yongguk.” Yongguk holds out his hand. You take it and shake it, your eyes locked with his. He gives you a friendly aura with all the wide grins he gives you while talking.

 

“What is Daehyun like in class?” You ask.

 

“I don’t know. He hasn’t been in class regularly ever since the start of this semester and my brain doesn’t allow me to think back any further. All the classes are putting pressure on my brain. The university exam is coming ya know?” He rolls his eyes. “Hey, why don’t you need to go to school?”

 

“Cause I’m special.” You tease. “Please take me to Daehyun.”

 

“Fine.” Yongguk shrugs and leads you down the buzzing hallway. No one pays you any attention, except some people do look up at you before going back to mind their business.

 

When Yongguk leads you down the forever ending hallway, he takes a right turn and takes you deeper into the school. The walls here are dark and cold, unlike the white welcoming walls and large transparent windows where the students were chatting. Finally, he points to a metal door that’s supposed to be the type to slide open. “We’re not allowed to go in there unless they come out.”

 

“Thanks Yongguk.”

 

“No problem, girl. See you later.” He grins and walks back into the loud chattering hallways. You wonder when you’ll see him again, you’re first friend!

 

Suddenly, the metal door slides open and a girl walks out, along with Daehyun behind. The girl pays you no attention, but hands Daehyun a thick notebook. She gives him a lovely smile before brushing her short bob hair and walking away. That’s when he notices you standing there with a wide grin.

 

“Your grin is creepy.” Daehyun raises his eyebrows.

 

“I came to visit you! Ta da.” You raise your arms high, then tackling him with a teddy bear hug, following with a nudge on the head.

 

Silence. Both of you just stare at each other after you let go of him.

 

“Stop staring at me.” He blinks constantly. You pull your face close to his to the point where your noses are touching just to .

 

“I can’t stop.” You whisper. “I think I love you.”

 

“Of course you do.” He replies flatly. “I do, too.”

 

“No, I love you.” You repeat. “Love you.”

 

“Yeah, I love me, too.” Daehyun brushes his nose against yours and smiles. “But I love you more.”



 

A/N: What am I writing? LOL. It's just *shivers* I think the ending of this chapter was a little too fluffy? xDDD I was re-watching Infinite's comback teaser and I nearly died xD The effects they made for Woohyun is just AJKEHFWJDKWEJD. And um...I have a terrible cold T^T 

 

 

✌(◠‿◠)