02

This Sweetness

--Two Weeks Later--

 

Daehyun and you have totally forgotten about going to dig the time capsule out. Though the two of you have spent so much time together at your house. Games, movies, food, sports and so many more. Every time Daehyun watches you change in front of him, he would blush madly. “We used to take baths together!” You would say teasingly, laughing at his expression. Yes, playing with Daehyun has always been one of your hobby and privilege.

 

“This is different.” He quickly covers his eyes. You had to pry his hands off from his face after you promised you would never do it again.

 

“Okay fine.” You pout in defeat.

 

Some days, he would accidentally fall asleep in your room and his parents would come looking for him, though when they find him with you, a sad yet loving look would reveal itself from their faces. You don’t understand the sad part though, everything is just normal and you liked it a lot.

 

Days later, you suddenly remember the time capsules. The poor old thing sitting below a tree, getting no one’s attention.

 

“The time capsule Daehyun!” You yell at him to wake up from his slumber. You just had a weird dream of the capsule holding a confession from Daehyun to you. Either way, the dream reminded you of the capsule.

 

“Oh please, it’s almost midnight.” He rubs his eyes.

 

You don’t care about his reply and pull him up, bringing him his big hoodie and tossing it over his head to keep him from the cold air outside. You smile at his lazy expression. He’s seriously acting all the laziness out. Daehyun’s never lazy, he’s just too…too bubbly to be lazy.

 

“Don’t worry Dae. It’s only our childhood, it’s not like we haven’t seen enough of each other already.” You assure him while half dragging and half coaxing for him to move faster. It’s really chilly and you forgot to get yourself something warm to wear and Daehyun’s being a big baby. He seems extremely shy about digging up your old memories.

 

Once you two made it to the tree, a coupled of girls you never met surround Daehyun. They’re probably his classmates. You also wonder what they are doing out so late.

 

“You’re never home, Daehyun.” One with braids says.

 

“And you never show up when the invitation was even sent to your house! You never pick up your phone either. Your parents keep on saying you’re out.” Another with long flowing brown hair scolds. She’s really pretty with white porcelain skin and rosy pink cheeks. She pouts. “Were you really not home? Or were you faking it?”

 

That got you a little off guard, how can they say Daehyun is faking it? You know he never fakes anything. He at lying. Your anger starts boiling, but this wasn’t your conversation. Plus, you know barely anything about these girls.

 

“I wasn’t home.” He replies with a small shrug.

 

“Who’s this?” The third girl asks, her blonde hair glistening under the street lamp.

 

“My childhood friend.” He smiles at you. “These are my classmates.” He introduces you to them.

 

“Hi.” You grin, and the girls reply you with a smile, too. Yet…Sadness was in it again. Weird. Why is everyone giving you the sad smile? Does Daehyun have cancer or what? Is he leaving you? Of course he’s not. He never hides anything from you.

 

“Well, leave some time for us and the class, too. Don’t be too busy with this pretty girl.” The fourth girl with braces gives Daehyun a roll of her eyes. Her short brown hair bobbing up and down with the move of her head, then the four of them left.

 

“At first I thought one of them was your girlfriend.” You tell Daehyun. He only shrugs. “I’m not interested in any girls.”

 

“Continue?” You say and bend down. Daehyun follows your actions. “Do you think the capsule is still here?” You touch the solid dry ground. There’s no evidence of the capsule being buried whatsoever.

 

Daehyun takes out a small shovel he has brought along with him, the type kids use to build sand castles with. He starts shoveling; carrying out dry land in the shovel and dumping them in a pile somewhere close.

 

As he digs, you watch him let a drop of sweat drip down his face. The dirt is dry and hard, you’ve completely forgotten how you guys had planted the capsule in it. From the chances now, it’s impossible. The light shines on his face, letting him glow with a strong aura of power. You blink and turn your view to other surroundings.

 

Everywhere, there are hard solid dirt ground, few trees that have been there since you were small, and crops, the midnight moonlight is dim, it seems as if the clear sky a moment ago is gone in an instant. There are storm clouds covering the dark arch. Maybe a storm is coming? Nah.

 

“Hey, I’m done.” Daehyun sits back. A hole could be seen. “You take it out.” And you put your hands into the quite deep hold. Taking out the heavy box was not hard, but the problem was opening it.

 

Daehyun fidgets with the opening. “Why did we use a metal box?” He groans. “The box is all rusty.”

 

“Use a pin?” You take a thin pin from your pocket and you stick the pin into a crook, and then pull the pin upwards. To your surprise, it doesn’t open. “How about hot water to make the box dilate? Then it’ll be easier to get it out.” Daehyun suggests.

 

So that’s it. Going back to your house, you guys clean off the box and dump it in hot water, hoping that the items inside won’t get soaked. Minutes later, you take the box out, and finally it was able to open easily. The things inside were perfectly fine, which was a relief. You wouldn’t know what to do if the precious treasures inside got soaked.

 

First off, you take out a letter written by Daehyun ten years ago. At that, Daehyun blushes. You quickly scan the ruff letter, trying hard not to embarrass him, but…you don’t know how to reply to his confession.

 

“You liked me?” You ask.

 

He breaks into a shy smile, “I still do now.”

 

“Not interested in girls eh.” You joke.

 

“Not interested in any other girl.” He corrects. He rubs the back of his head.

 

“How can I say no, Dae?” You take a step to hug him tightly. “How can I?” You squeeze him.

 

“Then don’t.” Daehyun whispers softly into your ear. 



A/N: I just saw 'The Lovely Bones' a moment ago, and man...It was a little freaky and scary >//< I mean, I was quite afraid xD  LOL. Daehyun is really cute, I can't stop thinking about his face...<3 THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE THIRTEEN SUBSCRIBERS! I hope no one unsubscribes! That'll be sad. 

 

✌(◠‿◠)