"I Hope..."

3 Emails | 3 Best Friends

Yunho stared at the screen at the last email and hesitantly, he moved the mose towards the email link and was just about to click it when suddenly, he recieved a text message.

He frowned and he took out his phone.

He opened it and widened his eyes when he saw that it was from his company CEO, SooMan.

Get off it. I can see.

Yunho gasped and put his hand over his mouth. He looked around his room and wondered how could SooMan see what he was doing...and then, he spotted it.

It was a present his hoobae, Onew of SHINee given him when they had made their comeback. There was something attached to it and it was flashing red. Angrily, he walked towards it and picked it up.

He couldn't believe that such a warm-hearted person would do something like this!

He took it out of his room and threw it in the trash. He was angry.

He always thought that Onew and everyone else in the company was in his side, but he was wrong. He had been wrong all this time. They were just prawns. Just like YooChun had said to him in the email.

He walked back to his room and slammed the door behind him and then sat back down on the chair in front of his computer. His mouth hadn't moved and inch and it was hovering just over the email. Just one click, just one click and he would be reading it. But then, just as his hand was on the mouse, ready to click on it, his screen out.

"Wha-" His phone beeped with another text message.

I control everything you do Jung YunHo. Don't think otherwise.

Yunho stared at his text message and then, on impulse, he threw his phone across his bedroom and it smashed into pieces upon the impact it had with the wall.

He should've regretted it.

But he didn't.

He wanted to leave.

He wanted to leave this place, this world. He didn't belong. He would never belong, even though he had been here for so many years. He had only just realised but there was still time to take back the years he had lost right?

The phone in the living room rang and he knew who it was: Lee SooMan.

He didn't go to pick it up so it just went to voice mail and soon, Lee SooMan's thick and monotoned voice sounded in the apartment.

"If I were you, I wouldn't have done that. There is nothing you can do to leave us. We have you and Changmin in a bind and no matter what you try to do, you're never going to get out of it so stop trying. We won't allow you to leave along with the other three. SM Entertainment's reputation will just be ruined then. Grow up."

Those two words always got Yunho frozen and rooted to where he was standing.

A few minutes of standing there, his mind blank and his body unmoving, he decided that he had to read that email.

He grabbed his wallet, slid it in the back pocket of his jeans and plugging in his iPod touch, he walked out of the dorms, closing it behind him.

He walked out of his apartment building and down the road. It was snowing now and it was getting cold. He pulled his jacket closer to him even more and pulled his beanie over his ears.

When he finally reached the library, he found that a library computer was free at the very end of the aisle and he was glad that he could read the email and stay hidden at the same time. He sat down and logged in.

He entered his email and when he finally saw Jaejoong's name there, he clicked on it and began to read, his heart beating fast.

Jung Yunho.

My best friend.

 

How are you...? How have you been? I know Junsu and Yoochun have sent you emails way before I wrote this so I'm sure at least ONE of them had told you the news right?

I honestly don't know what to say to you.

 

Our years of friendship being together, in the same group has just disappeared but, I know that I will treasure all our memories and laughter forever, in my heart.

I know that both you and Max are hurt and I would try to say something comforting but, I don't know what to say. I chose this path because I refuse to continue being a prawn of Lee Sooman and SME.

I want my own freewill and my own choices without them planning out my whole life for me.

I'm sure you understand. Since we had been together, I had always told you my love for being independant and responsible for myself so you, out of all people, should know that the best right?

Please don’t misunderstand where I’m coming from. I just want to best for myself. I don’t blame you if you think I’m being selfish. Every human is selfish. I’m only human.

 

Regardless of that, I still hope that one day, we can meet up.

I hope that one day, we can still see each other on the streets and not walk by each other, as if we didn't know each other at all, as if those years of friendship was nothing and is gone.

I hope that one day, you and I along with Max, Junsu and Yoochun will be able to stand on the same stage, not as rival groups but as a whole group, performing our (favourite) songs together.

I hope that one day, we can talk to each other and laugh with each other and go out and hang out together without being awkward and without the things that has happened to come between us.

I hope, one day, that I can still call you my best friend and likewise, you can too.

 

A lot of things have changed for not only me but Junsu and Yoochun as well. And I'm sure that things have changed greatly for you (and Max) also.

I don't expect a reply to this email. I just hope, that even if you don't read this, you can understand the bind and situation the three of us are in and forgive us for leaving you and Max alone, in that cruel company.

 

I won't be asking you to join us because we both had made that decision long ago when we split.

I just hope that you're not regretting you're decision and that you made the right choice for leaving us, instead of leaving SME.

 

 

Like all leaders, I'm sure you're trying you best to look strong for Max.

I know you're a lot more soft hearted than you look so I know that you're hurting inside so please, as your best friend from the past, stop. It's time for you to stop.

Look ahead and don't look back like I still do at times.

 

I'll forever remember the last time we performed together, on the same stage, singing the same song and with a bright smile.

Good bye Yunho...my best friend.

 

Yunho sat there, staring at the screen, feeling tears well up on him and then, he felt someone sit down on the next compartment from him. He wiped his tears away and closed the tab, logged out of the computer and got up to leave when he heard a familiar voice that made his heart speed up.

"I see you've read my email."

Yunho slowly turned to face the person that had sat down next to him. The person turned around and looked up, through his large sunglasses and gave him a familiar smile.

"I've missed you Yunho..."

 

***

 

I wrote this in less than an hour so please understand if it's not very good and not very long either xD

thanks to all who have stuck with me and waited for an update ^^

this is probably the last time I'm going to be writing anything remotely for DBSK/TVXQ/JYJ so i hope none of you have hopes of me writing ^^

i know that this ending D with you-know-who (*mischievious smile*) but I didn't know another way to end it so I'm leaving it up to you guys for a much better and well-rounded ending in you're head and with your wonderful imagination ^^

 

hope it was good anyways and, thanks once again ^^

 

xxx

mIm