Past and Present

3 Emails | 3 Best Friends

Yunho and Changmin sat down by the table in front of Lee Sooman, the CEO of SM Entertainment.

 

“I don’t want either of you to talk to those three anymore understand? I’ll be changing your numbers so that they can never reach you. Get a new email.” He said and began to type on his laptop.

 

“You may leave.” He said after awhile.

 

Yunho stared at the CEO for his management company and wonder how on earth did he get here…True, this company had made him famous and popular but was this really what he wanted…? To be famous and popular without his years of best friends?

 

Obviously, Changmin was thinking the same thing. But, instead of being silent about it, he spoke up.

 

“Why should we?” Yunho turned his gaze to him and widened his eyes. He put his hand on Changmin’s hand and squeezed it, giving him a warning. From the corner of Yunho’s eyes, he saw Sooman looked up at him and stare at Changmin.

 

“What did you say…?” He asked, his voice deadly to the point that Yunho wanted to run out of his office on the very top floor.

 

“Why should we? Why can’t we contact our friends?! So they filed a lawsuit against SM Entertainment! Their still our friends!”

 

“NO ONE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY HAS FRIENDS!” Yunho turned his head fully to face Sooman when he said that.

 

“What…?” He asked, finally speaking.

 

“You’ve always told us that we should befriend-“

 

“Yeah well, things have changed. Now, everyone who is an idol is your enemy…even you best friends.” He spat out the last two words.

 

“No…” Yunho began and got up. Sooman looked up at him.

 

“What…?” His voice was even more deadly and it had dropped down to a low sound.

 

“No. This is NOT what I had signed up for!” Yunho said back to Sooman and turned around to leave but after he had only taken a step, he was stopped by a snarling voice.

 

“Stop being innocent Jung Yunho. The world now isn’t as easy as it was in 2003, 7 years ago when you debuted. Things have changed. Grow up.” Yunho’s eyes widened and he heard Changmin’s gasp.

 

Yunho had grown…he had grown up just because of what Sooman had said to him when Jaejoong, Junsu and Yoochun had left.

 

Exactly the same two words.

 

Yunho couldn’t move…it was as if Sooman knew those two words would paralyze him and did it to torment him.

 

“Hyung, kaja. We shouldn’t waste time here.” Yunho heard Changmin say to him distantly and felt a pull on his arm as Changmin gently pulled him away from Sooman’s office.

 

When the two of them were finally out, Changmin hugged Yunho.

 

“He’s right hyung…Things have changed…and we have to learn how to go with the flow…” He said softly and gently to Yunho.

 

Yunho knew that he was right. But he couldn’t deal with it.

 

He closed his eyes and felt the first tear in a few months fall. He hugged Changmin back and cried silently on the younger’s shoulder.

 

“Arra…arrayo…”

 

***

 

Yunho and Changmin’s MV finally revealed to the public and both of them were anxious for the response by their fans that had waited for them for so many months after JYJ had left.

 

Yunho went to check on their Official Website and found many comments from the fans that only made him smile. For the first time in a long time.

 

He sighed happily and heard a knock on the door. He turned around and saw Changmin came to him with a smile.

 

He was the youngest but he had recovered the fastest.

 

No, to say that he had recovered was too much…neither of them did and never will. But, the had to put on the act that they had…

 

Changmin caught onto that the first and had pulled Yunho out from his trance of losing his 3 best friends since 2003.

 

“What’s up? Anything good? I haven’t seen you smile in a long time hyung!” Yunho smiled at him and pointed to the screen.

 

“The reactions are quite good with our fans.”

 

“Chiraeyo?” He said and come to him and scanned the page. He smiled and nodded.

 

“Majayo. Well, I’m glad the hard work paid off right?” Yunho nodded and smiled, turning back to the computer to scroll down. He felt Changmin put a hand on his shoulder and he looked up.

 

“Jonghyun and Key invited me to see Kyuhyun’s musical, The Three Musketeers, you want to join?” Changmin invited but Yunho declined.

 

“I don’t want to go anywhere…I’m really tired from SHINee’s concert…” Yunho gave him an apologetic smile but Changmin let him off and went off by himself.

 

When he had left, he opened a new tab and opened his old email after a long time.

 

When Sooman had ordered the two of them to get a new email, Yunho was reluctant. He kept on giving Sooman excuses about why he couldn’t get a new email but he really was just waiting for Jaejoong or Junsu or Yoochun’s email.

 

But, he never got it.

 

After two months, he stopped making excuses for them, tired of the one doing all the waiting. He made a new email.

 

He clicked on the inbox but before the page refreshed itself, he saw the number of emails he had – 4.

 

He was hopeful.

 

When the page came back on, his heart, his breath and everything about him froze.

 

Yoochun        Subject: hey…          Date received: July 3rd 2010

Junsu           Subject: sup?           Date received: July 29th 2010

Jaejoong       Subject: hru?           Date received: August 3rd 2010

 

***

 

This is the whole chapter~ xD

And I'm glad you guys are liking this ><