Chapter 3

Top Secret Identity

 

Hyeonwoo went blank for a while. He just can't stop staring at the girl. The girl knitted her brows starting to get angry at him. "Mwohaneun go-eyo??!!! Pyeontaeya!!!" She shoved him off and kicked his shins which made Hyeonwoo grunt. He finally came to his senses and stared at the floor in disbelief.. 

"Mi..Mianhaeyo.." Hyeonwoo apologized. "There he is!!! Get him!!" The police is in his sight right now. Running like crazy just to catch him. He got up but there was one problem. His 2-inched thick bracelet got stuck with the girl's bracelet. "Aisshhh! Why does it have to be today of all days?!" He started to panic and couldn't unhook it. "Aw! Apeoyo!" The girl exclaimed and looked irritated.

"I guess I don't have any choice.." Just as the police were only 2 meters away, he got her arm and dragged her with him. "Ya~!!! Mumchwora!!" The police ran after them and the girl seemed to have a hard time pacing up. "jigeum mwohaneungeo-eyo?! Will you let go of me?!" The girl kept on complaining and tried to let go but Hyeonwoo held her really tight.

They kept running, bumping to people, stop to look where to go next and the usual thing when cops chase criminals. Finally, Hyeonwoo found an alley and came to a stop. Both of them were exhausted and kept panting. The girl looked at Hyeonwoo with angry eyes "Will you please let GO~~" Hyeonwoo covered as he saw a cop who passed by. "Shh.. You'll have to keep quiet and stop talking unless I tell you to." 

The girl elbowed Hyeonwoo's stomach and made him grunt. "Ow.. What was that for?" "Ajushi! Yeogiyo! He's he~~!" The girl shouted but was unable to finish. Hyeonwoo pointed a knife at her neck. "You wanna shout? Go ahead! Let's see if you'll go back home alive." Hyeonwoo's eyes started to heat up. Uh-oh No more Mr. Nice Guy.

The girl started to tremble in fear. She couldn't stop shaking and bursted out in tears. "Oh, so you think crying in front of me would save your life huh? Well, I don't think so." Hyeonwoo smirked. "Sa.. Sa.. Save me please. I don't want to die just yet. Please.." The girl begged helplessly for her life. "Please don't kill me. I still have a family to protect and my son can't live without me, please." Tears kept flowing down her visage and Hyeonwoo seemed to have been moved a little. A weird feeling just struck him. He felt hurt seeing this girl cry and he doesn't know why.

He got back his knife and placed it in his pocket. He untangled the hooked up bracelets.  "Leave." He said in a hushed tone. "Ne?" The girl was surprised for a moment but quickly turned away and walked fast. "Wait, stop right there." The girl stopped at her current position and trembled again. Hyeonwoo approached and took her bag. "You're quite rich. Going out with a designer's brand bag with a couple of expensive things inside. I'll take it. I could sell it for a thousand bucks. Haha" 

"B--but" The girl grabbed it and didn't want to let go. Hyeonwoo gave her the death stare "Do you want to live or die?" She hesitantly gave it. "Are you giving it or what?" She then let go of it. "Leave right now or else.." He didn't get to finish what he was saying. The police were now in front of them. "Park Hyeonwoo, surrender now or you'll get hurt! Hands on your head right now!" They demanded but in just 3 seconds he made a quick move. He grabbed the girl and pointed the knife at her again.

"Shoot or I'll kill her!" He threatened. "Don't do anything please. Just give in to what he wants. Please ajushi I beg of you." She started crying again. "Hyeonwoo-shi! Release the girl now!" He was now cornered. The cops were all around him "I'll release her if you'll let me escape."

"Ahjushi! Please!" The girl begged. "Oh! Th-- Th--That girl. It's.." A young cop muttered. "Noona!!!" He tried to advance and save his Noona but Hyeonwoo moved the knife closer to her neck and made a wound. The girl gritted her teeth in pain. "Noona!!!! Chief please! Just do what he wants! You don't want to let a defenseless girl die right???" He kept pleading his chief. "What should we do then? It's been a year that we're chasing this criminal!" The mad Chief pointed his gun right at the head of Hyeonwoo. "Chief! What the hell! The more you do that the more you'll get my Noona hurt! And.." The young cop whispered something to the Chief and his eyes went large. "Is that true?" Said the chief in a hush tone. 

"Put down your guns!" The Chief said to the other cops. "What? But Chief! You know how hard it was to find this guy! and --- " Another cop said. "Silence! Ya! Park Hyeonwoo! We'll let you escape for now but you have to release the girl!" He said with the megaphone. Hyeonwoo didn't seem to believe it. He didn't move an inch. "Park Hyeonwoo! Release the girl now and we'll let you escape!" The Chief said again.

"How can I believe you? You liars! You said that so many times in movies and in real life!" Hyeonwoo shouted. The Chief signalled everyone to step back slowly to give way for him to run. "How can I run in that? You're still going to catch me if you let me escape!" "Everyone! I told you to step back! If anyone dares to catch this guy. You'll suffer the consequences!" 

Hyeonwoo stepped back slowly while dragging the girl. He slowly let go and pushed her forward. The girl stumbled but was caught by Gi Kwang just in time she was about to faint and fall on the ground. "Noona! Call the ambulance quick!" Other cops started to chase after Hyeonwoo but was too late. He ran so fast that it was so hard to run after him.