Chapter 6

Freefalling Kisses ~the story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6.
*Chapter contains blood and violence.



JoonMyun didn't like it when things didn't go as he planned. Of course, he always had backup plans, and a backup plan for that backup plan. But when something out of his organized thoughts and preparations disrupted his carefully laid out plans, a hideous headache pounded at his temples. It ordered him to think, think, think; anything to get himself and his team out of the situation.

And right now, as he stood with a frown marring his face, his mind ran in circuits trying to decipher the situation.

It all happened in a blink of an eye, so fast that JoonMyun had difficulty trying to comprehend what was happening. One moment, he was lounging in one of the side booths of the dance floor, with a group of girls clad in thin pieces of clothing flirting around him. And the next, he was up on to his feet, staring at the dance floor as people screamed and some fled in fear.

It was a ripple effect, where one person, a girl, screamed so loud from the centre of the dance floor that everyone turned to stare. And then, one by one, eyes widened in shock as panic registered behind the hazy, alcohol-induced minds. And by the time JoonMyun knew it, people were pushing and shoving to move away from the dance floor; even the DJ stopped his movements to stare wide-eyed at the crowd behind his large spectacles. A large empty circle was created around a lonesome figure in the center, the music and lights of the club dying down until silence of hushed whispers and whimpers filled the still air.

What's going on? JoonMyun breathes, peering over heads as he stands transfixed onto the man that caused the sudden pandemonium.

Dressed in simple jeans and a white shirt, the man looked like a regular clubber; if it wasn't for the puddle of blood that he was kneeling in.

So much blood, JoonMyun thinks, ignoring the odour of sweat, perfume and alcohol that wisped around him as people were backing up and bumping into him.

The man in the center, his head bowed and hair covering his face, trembled visibly as his hands reached out to grasp, to JoonMyun's horror, a limp body of a young girl that was lying just beside the man. Her body was covered in red blood, and judging from the odd angle of her neck, JoonMyun concluded that she was dead and the blood was most likely hers.

What did he... Just as JoonMyun tries to understand how this murder had happened, his answers are shown to him. And to everyone else around him.

With a gut-wrenching sound of bones snapping, more than a hundred pair of eyes watch in repulsion and terror as the shaking male twists the poor girls neck even further. Blood spills from the red painted lips, as the body convulses even more when the man does something to make the silent club echo with another horror-induced sound of shattering bones and tearing skin. And if that wasn't enough, with a lunge of hunger, the man covers the blood tainted lips of the dead girl with his own, drinking the bright red substance as if it was water.

And that was all it needed for the crowd to erupt.

"Holy ! That sick bastard!" Swears of all kinds fill the air as the girls shriek and cry, unable to move or tear their eyes away from the terror that was revealed before them. Soon enough, people were pushing and shoving their way to the only doors of the club.

It was every man for themselves.

"JoonMyun!" a voice calls. Squirming his way to the walls, JoonMyun heaves a breath before seeing Chanyeol's long arms motioning for him to the bathroom hallway. He sighs in grateful thanks for the kids tall height.

"Just what the was that?!" Baekhyun hisses as their leader approaches them through the sea of panic-stricken bodies.

"I don't want to know," KyungSoo murmurs, disgust lining his face.

Running tired fingers through his hair, JoonMyun sighs and rubs his temples. "Whatever he... it, is, we'll use it to our advantage." His team couldn't be bothered to deal with a psycho killer; their mission was top priority. "Let's split up, KyungSoo and I will take the VIP rooms on the ground level. Baekhyun and Chanyeol head upstairs. The confirmation chip, the CC, should be somewhere on these floors."

"Permission to fire?" Baekhyun asks, his hand reaching to grab his gun.

JoonMyun stares, eyes transfixed in thought before he nods solemnly. "Permission to fire," he orders curtly.

"Where's JongIn and SeHun?" Chanyeol questions, pulling out his own gun and checking his daggers.

At the question, they all peer around the corner to see the half-empty dance floor. Many people were still lingering in the club, mostly due to the crowding of the exit doors. Guards, who emerged from the shadows of the club, slowly approach the blood stained man in the center as a handful of idiotically brave men also pick up random weapons to help.


"There's JongIn," KyungSoo murmurs, pointing to the lone figure standing near the walls of the bar.

"Should we get him to come with us?" Chanyeol voices, looking over at their leader.


JoonMyun contemplates for a moment, but gets interrupted as SeHun suddenly appears from the other side of the hallway.

"Where were you?" Baekhyun asks, noticing the gun in SeHun's hand and the flush in the young boy's cheeks.

"Snooping around," SeHun answers quickly, "what was that scream?"

Motioning to the bewildering sight on the dance floor, and the loud shouts and screams of alarm that filled the club, SeHun's eyes widen as he watches with a sickening lurch of his stomach. The image of the man drinking the blood of a young maiden etched into his mind, burning his eyes.

"Is he..." SeHun trails off,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter