Chapter 4

Freefalling Kisses ~the story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4.

"Who knew that there was an underground club beneath such a high class building?" KyungSoo murmurs in disbelief. What amazed him the most though, was the fact that only a handful of people had this information, "handful" pertaining to certain VIPs; corrupted high class leaders, strippers, drug addicts and the lot. It was natural that local law enforcement didn't know as the State Army had only recently found out.

"That what's-his-name sure is sneaky," Baekhyun mutters beside KyungSoo, eyes focused on the small compact mirror he held in his hands, "sources say that the club was built two years ago, and not a single person of law knew about it."

Shaking his head, KyungSoo frowns out the car window. They were waiting a while before entering the club; splitting into groups to arouse less suspicion.

"Stop being so vain, your eyeliner looks fine," Chanyeol comments, looking at his friend through the back mirror.

"Guyliner," Baekhyun hisses, correcting the genius with narrowed eyes.

Chanyeol raises an eyebrow, meeting Baekhyun's pointed gaze through the mirror.

"There's a difference," Baekhyun says, refocusing to check his make-up.

Chanyeol just rolls his eyes.

Checking his watch, KyungSoo grabs the door handle. "It's been fifteen minutes, shall we head out?"

Nodding, the other two follow KyungSoo's lead; Baekhyun does one final check of his "guyliner" before filing out after them.

"Down those stairs, and just follow the corridor, is what JoonMyun said," Chanyeol mutters under his breath. Turning into a small alleyway that was closed off, they approach a metal door that was hidden in the shadows at the far end.

Chanyeol is the first to notice the camera hidden very skilfully above the metal doorway. A CAM.V.800. Uses manipulated infrared to detect the human body temperature. They probably use it to decide whether the person is armed. Eyes wandering to stare off into the dark shadows of the building, Chanyeol fights the grin that crept onto his face, too bad for them, I’ve already made it so that our weapons are infused with the latest batch of carbon-fiber microbes. It'll be impossible for them to be discovered.

Sometimes, Chanyeol thought he was too smart for his own good.

Baekhyun, with the knuckles of his fist, taps gently on the door. The metal vibrates and echo’s the sound a lot louder than it was purposely made. They wait in silence, as a gruff voice on the other side says, “code?”

“Club Exodus,” Baekhyun murmurs, deliberately outlining his voice with a mixture of elated fear and excitement. Silence meets his words, and he quickly drowns the small rise of panic in the pit of his stomach. Did he get the password wrong? No. He trusted his knowledge and memory, besides, Chanyeol and KyungSoo were calmly standing behind him; although, they were slouching and were staring off into space with hooded eyes. They looked like relaxed young adults out for some fun.

But the prolonged wait made him break out in cold sweat with unease.

“Enter,” that same gruff voice soon says, the metal door opening with a silent creak. Baekhyun took a breath of air before stepping past the metal frame, the feeling of nervousness disappearing, but something else taking its place. Perhaps it was excitement? Suspicion? He wasn’t too certain.

Nodding his head in thanks at the large door-handler hiding in the shado

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter