Chapter 3

Freefalling Kisses ~the story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3.

Fixing the glasses that kept sliding down the bridge of his nose, Baekhyun tilted his head towards the marvelous high-rise building that sat just on the opposite side of the street from where he was. A thirty-storey building made mostly of reinforced concrete and glass window panes overlooked a vast majority of the busy streets of Shanghai; it was also a block away from the common red light district. When one looked at it from the outside it was a simple business building, but something deep and dark went through this very building every day.

And it was their team's job to find out what.

Slowly moving his gaze to the surrounding buildings, mostly consisting of boutiques and small eateries, Baekhyun absorbs the images of the street as much as he can into memory. Stirring his cup of milk tea in his hands unconsciously, he hums a tuneless song as he pretends to be the ever-so happy tourist out for tea with his... father?

Chanyeol is definitely called a genius for a reason, Baekhyun snickers inwardly, unable to look at the man sitting across from him for more than a minute. He couldn't help the shake of his shoulders from holding his laughter.

"Next time, I'll put you in drag. So shut up," the familiar voice of KyungSoo growls under his breath. However, the voice did not match the face. Evident lines of aging were shown on the forehead and around the eyes, the once full top of black hair that KyungSoo had was now partially gray and thinning, and the color of his chocolate brown eyes were now a dull black of a color; even a newly formed mole was present on the side of his cheek.

The drastic change of appearance was due to Chanyeol's amazing hand-skills. The man could deactivate a bomb, put together a nuclear weapon, and create a flawless mask of a fake appearance in mere moments. He was a child prodigy; truly brilliant when it came to using his head.

"Yes, father," Baekhyun mutters, suppressing his chuckles. Originally, it was decided that he was going to be the one under a disguise, but as a woman. Not the one to be so easily commanded into such a thing, mostly due to his pride as a man, Baekhyun decided to challenge KyungSoo to a sparring match, man against man, over who would dress up.

The winner was obvious. Although, Baekhyun was disappointed that KyungSoo somehow persuaded Chanyeol to not make him into a woman.

"Do you want more tea, son?" KyungSoo says out loud, he purposely spoke with a small accent and shaky tone. The way he acted as an old man, from the trembling hands to the hunched shoulders, would've earned him gold stars. The only thing that would've given KyungSoo away as someone he was not, was the youthful light that shone even behind the contact lenses he wore.

Baekhyun immediately caught onto the subtle meaning that KyungSoo meant by that simple question from a caring father to his son. Are you done memorizing the surroundings?

"No, I'm okay. Let's go for a walk, dad," Baekhyun replies cheerfully. Yeah, we can go now.

Other than his combat skills, especially with his guns, and, quote, his undeniably handsome face, Baekhyun's photographic memory boosted up his brownie points greatly. However, it didn't help that he had a short attention span. And a loud mouth to go with his short temper.

Helping his 'father' up from his chair, Baekhyun pays for their meal and escorts the hunched elder out of the street-side cafe. With one hand on KyungSoo's shoulder, Baekhyun leads them through the mob of people that bustled through the mid-afternoon streets of Shanghai.

"Too bad mom couldn't come with us," Baekhyun says happily, smiling down at the old man. No one but KyungSoo saw the taunting smirk that outlined Baekhyun's eyes as he smiled. Too bad you couldn't dress up as a woman.

Reaching up with a wrinkled, frail hand, KyungSoo chuckles and grabs a good amount of fatty skin on Baekhyun's cheek before pulling at it. "Oh, son, you're so cute," he says through clenched teeth. Next time, you'll be in a dress. KyungSoo didn't want to admit it, but the bruise on his thigh from their sparring match was throbbing rather painfully.

Restraining the urge to knee the old man in his arms, Baekhyun resorts to also pinching KyungSoo in the shoulder. All the while, he resists the need to cry out in pain; his cheek reddening rapidly.

Looking very much like a doting father and a helpful son, the two make it back to their safe house without that much trouble.



"There's an alleyway used for delivery trucks around the corner here," Baekhyun says, pointing it out on the projected image of a map, "we could probably use that to hide the drive-away car."

"When Kai and I went for a stroll last night, this particular street seemed really empty," SeHun adds, "I assume, it must be because it's the back street from the red light district just on the other side."

All six members were gathered in the living room of the apartment. After a week of landing in Shanghai from Seoul, they had taken all precautions on every method of approaching the target building.

Nibbling on his thumb in deep thought, JoonMyun takes in the given information; a frown marred his rather handsomely sculpted face. As Chanyeol taps on JoonMyun's hand, reminding him of his bad habit of biting his fingers, JoonMyun glances towards JongIn seated in the far corner.

"How are your broken ribs holding out?"

"They've been fine since two days ago, the bruising has started to fade now," JongIn replies, giving his arms a stretch upwards as proof.

"He heals unnaturally fast," Chanyeol murmurs to JoonMyun, who was seated on the arm of the chair he was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter