At the Oceanside

Fulfill My Dreams;; One-Shots

Just a random drabble.

 

 Donghae gazed out onto the sparkling, emerald water as it touched the shoreline before drawing back, just barely wetting his toes that nestled into the sand. He pulled his phone out multiple times, waiting for the arrival of his very late boyfriend. He sighed, lying down and glancing up into the bright blue sky and tried to form shapes out of the clouds overhead. He heard a light chuckle and sat up with not a moment of hesitation. His eyes glittered brightly as he ran into Eunhyuk’s arms and the other’s response was to hold the smaller boy closer. Donghae burrowed his face into Eunhyuk’s chest while the latter leaned down and pressed his lips gently on top of the younger’s hair.

When they pulled away a pout formed on Donghae’s lips. “You’re late, Hyukjae.” He narrowed his eyes slightly and the older intertwined their fingers with an apologetic glance.

“Sorry, jagiya.” Eunhyuk raised their merged hands to caress his lover’s cheek, “I’ve been… busy.”

Donghae sighed and his expression softened gradually. “I know you are.” He said finally as they began to trail through the sand. He squeezed Eunhyuk’s hand tightly as he merely enjoyed his long-term boyfriend’s company. A nervous lump built up in his throat as he dared to bring up something that Eunhyuk had denied many times before. His voice was apprehensive as his round eyes were hesitant. “There’s still plenty of room in my apartment. It’s much closer to your work and you’d have someone that can help you get ready in the morning…”

Eunhyuk merely shook his head, naming off some excuse that Donghae had grown far too used to. The younger let it go and leaned onto Eunhyuk’s shoulder as they walked along the shoreline.

“I haven't been to the beach in so long.” Donghae mumbled into the other’s shirt while Eunhyuk traced circles along the back of his shoulders. The older chuckled, a knowing smile spreading across his lips; something the other male failed to notice as he closed his eyes in quiet content.

Eunhyuk played with his shorts pocket before slipping a silky, sapphire blue blindfold out and snagging the younger with a tug of his sleeve. Donghae’s eyes snapped open, immediately curious as he glanced down towards the blindfold tentatively. “… What’s that for, Hyukkie?” He asked warily. The last time Eunhyuk had made sure of his sight being impaired he had been pushed into the ocean. He was a fine swimmer, however his phone had unfortunately not been so lucky. The older had apologized profusely and had to go to great lengths to make it up to Donghae – even though the younger had forgiven him in the first day or so, he had milked it for as much as he could.

“Just trust me.” Eunhyuk whispered huskily in the smaller’s ear and Donghae nearly shivered as he allowed himself to be led through the winding dunes of the sand.

After a few minutes of silent walking, Donghae felt a refreshing breeze that cooled him down from the simmering heat of before. Movement from Hyukjae abruptly stopped as Donghae collided into him slightly and the other held him before he could lose his balance completely.

“Be careful.” Eunhyuk chided lightly, amusement lacing his voice and if Donghae could see him he knew his lover’s signature gummy smile had crossed his perfectly plump lips.

“Can I take off my blindfold now?” Donghae whined impatiently, hands flying up towards the knot at the back of his head keeping it in place over his eyes.

Eunhyuk did not answer, rather wrapping an arm around his waist and using his free one to pull the blindfold off without even untying it and throwing it to a corner of the room with abandon.

Donghae immediately searched his surroundings, taking in coral painted walls and furniture splayed around an unfamiliar room. Large windows lined the wall opposite him and he could see the crashing waves of the ocean. He turned to Eunhyuk as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“J-jagi, where are we?”

Eunhyuk pecked his lips lightly in response. “We’re home, Hae.” He spoke delightedly, as he seemed quite proud of himself while Donghae only stared at him in awe, “That’s why I’ve had such little time to spend with you and haven’t had any intention of moving in with you. I’ve been building this house right here by the sea for the past year or so.”

“Just for me?” Donghae’s cheeks flushed almost as coral as the walls.

Eunhyuk shook his head. “Not just for you, love.” His words caused Donghae to pout before he added in cheesily, “But for us.