Locking Up Your Heart (EunHae)

Fulfill My Dreams;; One-Shots

 

Another one of my fail attempts at angst.

 

Donghae’s lungs burned as he sprinted at his fullest speed, having run minutes on end and could feel himself tiring. He halted suddenly, glancing around his surroundings before leaning his weight against a tree and tried to return oxygen into his system. He panted as he slid down onto the ground, resting on the trunk as he hugged his knees to his stomach. He was so afraid that his body shook and he could only wait.

Donghae squeezed his eyes shut and whimpered slightly when he heard footfall. He did not dare even peek, knowing very well who stood before him and who crouched down to circle his arms around his waist to help him up. The touch he received was gentle and electrified his skin in the pleasant way that always lingered even after it was gone. He couldn’t let his body make the decisions for everything, however, as that had only gotten him into this mess in the first place.

 

“H-Hyukjae.” He stuttered out weakly, feeling the other brush his fingertips through his hair and Donghae finally chanced a glance up at the male. As always, there was not a single flaw that he could note. His heart beat much faster as he felt himself collapse onto the older’s firm chest. He’d surely not been able to create too much of a distance from Hyukjae’s home. He was shocked he had even gotten as far as he could but now he was caught. He hung his head low, knowing well how the other could be when he was angry.  

 

Hyukjae seemed much more disappointed than upset He regarded him almost like a child. “You tried to run away from me.” He stated the obvious, his tone only seeming to affirm Donghae’s actions into reality. His grip on Donghae’s hair became unconsciously harsher. Hyukjae scooped the smaller boy into his arms, heading back to his large, imposing mansion that Donghae resented so deeply in his heart.   Donghae didn’t hate Hyukjae – it was something that was just impossible for him to comprehend.

 

Hyukjae was many things but he was never hateful. There was a charm that he possessed that had drawn him in when he had first met him. He remembered when the other had come up to him – black, fathomlessly alluring eyes meeting round chocolate ones – and had whispered sensually in his ear. He had easily convinced the younger to rid himself of any inhibitions. After Hyukjae had entered into his life, he had been the figure Donghae had to revolve himself around. He had no choice – once the other had him hooked he refused to let him go.  

 

There was one thing that Donghae feared about Hyukjae the most – his innate jealousy. When he had taken Donghae as his to own, Hyukjae had tensed when he barely looked at another person. Donghae had pledged his heart completely to the blonde man, however he didn’t believe his pure intentioned lover’s words were enough. He instead decided to deal with the problem of someone else stealing away Donghae’s affection by never allowing him out of his sight.   Donghae was taken from his home and put in Hyukjae’s.

 

He didn’t object at first as he loved spending time with his precious Hyukjae. It was then though, that Hyukjae refused to ever let him leave. Donghae was a prisoner in that damned house. He could never leave and felt so isolated whenever Hyukjae would leave him on his business.  

 

He had confronted Hyukjae about it just a few hours before he had tried his desperate escape. The other just wouldn’t get it through his thick head!  

 

“Hyukjae.” He’d pleaded, practically on his knees as the corners of his eyes stung. “Why do you keep me locked up here like I’m just another possession you own? I’m a human being, please. Let me out. Just let me feel the sun shine on my face and breathe in the fresh air. I feel so suffocated in here.”  

 

 The older always failed to understand. He merely approached Donghae and kissed him softly on the lips before a small smile graced his lips. “You’re delicate, baby.” He cooed, running his hands along his lover’s slender waist, “I only want what’s best for you.”   Now, as they both stood in the dense overgrowth of forest, Donghae merely sighed as he allowed Hyukjae to take him back. He knew the other would forgive him – maybe blame his decision on some sort of imaginable sickness. Donghae slumped into the bed that Hyukjae set him down on, the light in his eyes having disappeared along with his chance of freedom.

 

Hyukjae cupped his cheek and pecked him on the forehead. “You need your rest now, love.” His voice was a caress in its own right. Donghae nodded sullenly, stretching out his arms slightly when he felt cool metal wrapped around one of his wrists and a foreboding click resonated in the room as his gaze flickered up to the bed railing that his right limb was now bound to. He felt afraid of Hyukjae for not the first time, however he never expected him to do something to this extent.

 

He watched the older questioningly to which the only response he got was one he had heard too many times to count.

 

 “It’s for your own good, Hae. I’m only trying to protect you.