You can rely on me

Wu Dynasty [Six love stories]

 

A/N: Tao is behaving so mature......must've hit puberty at an early age XDDDDD (Edited :D)

 

"When will you stop gaining more weight, you fat bao zi? Hahahahahaha!"

One kick in the . Young prince Xiumin fell to the ground pitifully and grunted in pain.

"I'm not fat!", he squeaked. Another boy stepped up.

"Lies!! Look at how round you are, like a rising dough ball. It's disgusting! You are disgusting!", he spat and the group of bullies began laughing intensely at the joke. The twelve year old second prince could feel the burning of shame on his cheeks and the stinging of his eyes which threatened to spill his weakness. Why was he so imperfect compared to his other brothers? The boys were right. He was disgusting. He was only bringing shame to his father and older brother. Not caring about the damage inflicted to his body he curled himself into a ball to hide his face from the world.

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!!!"

The sound of quick footsteps and sudden groaning, screaming and grunting filled the air.

"I'll kill you!"

"N-no! Please, we are sorry!"

"Shut up!!!"

More loud noises. Xiumin didn't look up, he was too afraid. He mentally prepared himself for another kick or punch at his corpus. After a while which seemed like eternity everything around him turned quiet. Only the sound of little huffs and gasps and some groaning were audible. Then out of the blue he was bolted upwards.

"Ge, are you ok? Let me see your wounds!"

It was Wu's youngest son Tao (who was freakishly tall and strong for his decent age of eight years). He wanted lift the older boys shirt to inspect the bruises and cuts but before he could do so the second prince slapped his hand away. The young panda prince looked at his older brother in shock and hurt. Xiumin, upon seeing his beloved younger brother like this let all the tears that he had previously held in spill. He was so ashamed of himself for doing this to his brother and savior.

"I-I...I'm so s-sorry, Tao......I'm sorry....“, he sobbed and hiccupped and slumped onto the dusty ground, hiding his face behind his hands. "I-....P-please...forgive me...."

The youngest was shocked to see his usually cheerful brother so broken. Rage gushed inside of his stomach, threatening to eat his insides. He turned to the culprits, his face contorting into the terrible grimace of an angry beast. He violently grabbed one of the boys by the collar and smashed the poor male into the nearest tree.

"What have you done to him?", he seethed the words as if they were poison. The boy flinched in fear.

"I'm sorry!!!!!! We didn't think that-"

Angrily the young eight year old punched the trunk of the tree, missing the bully's head just by an inch.

"You didn't think?! DO YOU THINK AT ALL?!? Get out of my eyes in this instant or I won't hold back. NOW!", the sixth son growled and bared his teeth like a wild animal.

Pissing themselves while standing up the bullies ran away hastily. Tao turned towards his older brother again and crouched besides him. "Ge, it's alright. They won't bully you again, no one will because I won't let them. I promise,"

Xiumin's sobbing became uglier and he trembled terribly. Tao took him in his arms and rocked him gently, like his own mother did when the youngest had a nightmare. Carefully he lifted the second prince’s head and looked him into the eyes.

"Ge, please don't cry anymore. I will protect you forever. It shall be my duty as a prince. Just stay with me from now on."

"N-no...I...I am not worth the effort Tao...I-I am only bringing shame.....I-...don't help s-someone...as ugly as me...", Xiumin sniffed and furiously tried to wipe his tears. Tao grabbed both his brother's hands.

"That's bull. Who says that?! You are worth it every bit! To me there is nobody else I want to protect as much as you! YOU ARE NOT UGLY!! You are not worthless!!! You don't bring shame!! To me, ge is perfect!!"

The second son of Wu blushed and bit his bottom lip.

"Does that mean that I am important to you?", he whispered, afraid that asking this out loud would annoy or insult the younger boy. Tao frowned.

"Of course, I like you a tad more than Wufan-ge, too! Ge doesn't scold me much and gives me nice things and is nice to me and ...I think ge looks really pretty, too.", he childishly answered, fitting for his actual age. It eased the taller boy’s pain a bit and he puffed out his cheeks.

"But this isn't because I'm a weakling, is it?"

The panda boy looked at him in bewilderment. "Of course not!!!!! Why-?", he stuttered. He was hyperventilating now.

Xiumin just smiled at how cute Tao behaved now, when he was able to scare and beat seven teenagers before, all alone. He felt better.

"Ge?", the younger boy hesitantly asked.

"Yes?"

"The promise. I mean it.", he said in all earnest. Xiumin laughed.

"I know. Thank you", he flashed his little brother a grateful smile. Tao grinned back.

 

___________________________

 

The drolling loud noises of drums and trumpets emitted from the palace's outer court. Wufan couldn’t help but sigh. He knew who it was that arrived.

"Prince Tao has arrived home!!!", an eunuch annouced in a booming voice. Like headless chicken all servants began to stroll around the palace. The youngest prince of Wu had been riding into battle a few days ago. Near the capital word of a bandit group which was wreaking havoc in the cities and villages of the province of Shanxi was reported. Wufan originally intended to send one low general there to take matters into hand but Tao had wanted to go there himself. Of course the oldest brother had not agreed of the young prince's wish (he knew Tao just did such reckless things to impress Xiumin) but in the end he couldn't do anything but comply because Tao has asked permission of their father himself (the emperor and father who knew almost nothing of his sons). Not seeing any danger in it he allowed the youngest son to go, much to the other brothers' (and mothers') dismay. Wufan just hoped that the younger male came back in one piece, with no scars marrying his beautiful torso at best.

"Bring him right to me", he ordered some servants. Nodding the few eunuchs and maids left to welcome their sixth prince. After a few minutes the sound of feet scurrying and shuffling could be heard.

"Wufan-ge! I am back and I can proudly announce my victory!", Tao burst into the room, standing tall with pride and grinned at his oldest brother as he boldly made his way towards the next to be emperor’s desk. Wufan grimaced. The younger boy was dirty and bruised; also he reeked of sweat and blood.

"Are you hurt?", he asked although it was more that visible and clear that the panda boy was nothing but hurt, maybe just a few bruises here and there.

"No, nothing bad, just a few scratches", was the expected reply (Wufan also knew when Tao was lying; he would often do to maintain his pride, but today luckily everything was alright).

"Good. I'll call the healers anyway to patch you up and clean the cuts", he waved to an idly standing eunuch. The man hurried out of the room. Then Wufan motioned his youngest brother to take a seat. "Tell me about it then."

Excitedly Tao began bubbling about the battle, how great general Qing Zhao (a high general of Wu's army, Tao's shifu) was and how much he still had to learn to become a real man. The oldest brother didn't pay too much attention to it (he was managing the tax records of this month while listening). Soon enough a knock resounded from the big wooden door.

"The healers are here", the eunuch from before announced before Chen and Luhan (wait....what healers?) stepped into the room with a basket of healing herbs, bandages and salves came in. They wore the female healers' attire. Wufan and Tao stared at them (the older in awe while the younger seemed slightly disturbed by it) and after a while, when the first son of Wu regained control again, he coughed to clear his throat (he also secretly wiped drool from the corner of his mouth).

"Chen."

"Yes?"

"Why are you wearing this?"

"Don't you like it?"

"....Well, yes, I do....but that doesn't answer my question."

"Luhan-ge made me."

"What?", the oldest brother turned to look at the third one. Luhan just gave a sheepish smile.

"I did. Well, at least I asked him to, no forcing. Chen Chen voluntarily wears this. It looks cute on us, does it not?", he ended his  question with a cute 360° turn. Tao face-palmed.

"Now", the fifth prince stepped up. "Tao, let me see where you are hurt."

The youngest one wanted to take a step back and quickly leave but Chen's arm lashed out in a quick sudden movement and he caught the panda boy's wrist. Tao was forced to sit back down and comply his brother's treatment (was the fifth prince really as weak as everybody thought? Tao slowly began doubting it). It was strange enough that both the third and fifth son of Wu were dressed in women's attire but it was even weirder that they knew how to treat a wound (carefully disinfecting it and putting the right salves and herbs onto it before bandaging the cut). The kung fu prince felt uncomfortable.

After a while everything was done and Chen and Luhan let the youngest go. Thanking them Tao fled to his and his lover's shared room.

 

___________________________

 

"OUCH!"

"GAH, YOU IDIOT!"

"GEGE, WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!"

"YOU KNOW REALLY WELL WHAT IT WAS FOR!!! HOW COULD YOU GO THERE SO RECKLESSLY?!", Xiumin scolded his lover. The other boy just pouted in response.

"But...it is my duty as a prince...", Tao cutely whined. The older of the two princes pinched the bridge of his nose in a tired manner.

"Look, Tao, I understand, but you don't have to fight against EVERY goon or villain! Those were mere bandits. Don't worry me", he puffed up his mandu cheeks. Tao reached towards his ge and pulled him closer into a hug.

"Sorry, gege. I just want to become stronger, so that I can protect you forever", he reminded the older of their promise. The second prince's anger ceased at that and he bit the insides of his cheeks. He sometimes really hated that Tao had such an effect on him (especially when he tried to be serious). In the end Xiumin hugged back. Chuckling the taller boy brought his lips to those of his love.

"You know I can protect myself now, Tao. You overwork yourself....let me protect you for once, will you?", Xiumin whispered. He was not weak anymore. He had been training material arts himself, because he did not like to rely on others and burden Tao. But the youngest didn't want to believe it seemed. Sighing yet again he head butted the youngest prince.

"Ooow! What is it now?"

"You'll see, one day I'll come and rescue you, preferably on a white horse", Xiumin pouted. It caused the other to laugh and he glomped the second prince so hard that they both stumbled over and fell onto Tao's bed.

 

__________________________________

 

Blood.

Painfully high pitched screams.

The stinging smell of burned wood.

Swords crashing against the enemy's own blades.

More blood.

 

It was no good. Tao was heavily wounded. One of the enemy's generals managed to strike him in the back. Blood gushed out of the cut. It was deep, but not deep enough to endanger the prince's life. Still, if this battle went on like this the young hero would not be able to stand any longer. He could sense his sight slightly blurring and his ability to breath became impossibly difficult. At least he was still standing. As long as he could stand he could fight.

'Hopefully shifu has evacuated the villagers.'

The battle was in the province of Henan. Rebels and bandits have chosen to ally with each other and attacked the cities with the goal of provocating the emperor and they tried to approach Wu's capital rapidly. Tao, together with his oldest brother Wufan and his third brother Luhan had been sent into battle by their father. It should have been an easy victory since the opponent was unorganized. But they seemed to have underrated the enemy. They were not only fighting against the rebels of the south but also the kingdom of Liaoning. Those sleazy bastards had waited for this opportunity and joined the battle causing Wu to be caught in between the two fronts. Although Wu's forces were strong they were outnumbered (it was only the three great princes, six generals and five thousand men, the opponents had ten three thousand on the side of the rebels and Liaoning counted eight thousand men, seven of their highest generals and the greasy king himself).

Still they managed to slay most of them but Tao could feel his strength slowly leaving his body. He was fighting in the south-east of the battlefield alone because he had ordered his two generals to evacuate the village near the battlefield.  Together with a number of thousand men they had fought the great number of the enemy, slaying one after another for three days straight (Wufan was fighting the Liaoning in the north's front while Luhan hindered the rebels in the south). He could not waver now. His brothers had entrusted him with the civilians' live. He had to protect those who could not protect themselves.

'I'm sorry, ge. I can't give my life to you it seems. But you have my heart. I'll watch over you from the other world.'

With a last brave roar he stormed forward, all alone against the new wave of two hundred warriors.

 

Blood.

Painfully high pitched screams.

The stinging smell of burned wood.

Swords crashing against the enemy's own blades.

More blood.

A sudden pain.

A foreign cry ripping from his own throat.

The blurring of the world around him.

Black.

 

"TAAAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!", Wufan's voice was the last thing the young prince could hear before the world faded into darkness.

 

______________________________

 

Broken promises
wadded up into a ball
tossed into the wind
roll down the street
Tumbleweed
changing direction
at the slightest gust.
Or, released
from lips to drift
in the air
sprinkled confetti ending up
pavement soiled
brushed up against the wall.
Each flake a reminder of
pretty words nicely spoken
until they disintegrate.

(Harriet Duncan)

 

He felt like floating in the air. So light, freed of all his bounds and burdens. It was wonderful. It was sad.

Tao was dead. He was sure. At least he could see his mother again.

'I love you Xiumin. Please don't be sad and live on. I'll always be with you.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________

 

The darkness slowly turned into light until it fully engulfed the young hero. Sudden warmth embraced him, full of love, full of life.

What was happening?

Suddenly he felt like he was falling. Rapidly. So fast that he was afraid of hitting the ground in this groundless see of white. And then, then he began to slow down until the falling turned into sinking, gently, soft, and a solid pressure against his back comforted him.

'Where am I?', the sixth prince felt this dream fall apart. Slowly the world came into view again as he carefully opened his eyes. Temporary blinded by the light he groaned. Dazed he studied his surroundings. It seemed that he was lying on a bed in a tent. So the battle hadn't ended yet.

"Tao!", a high pitched voice gasped. The young boy his head to see. It was Luhan and he was looking terrible. He had deep bags under his eyes, his hair was messy and it looked as if he had cried.

"....ge?", he hoarsely asked, his throat protesting against the sounds that came out of it. He was not dead?

"O-oh god, Tao! I'm s-so happy!", tears spilled out of his brother's eyes as he grabbed the youngest prince's hand and squeezed it. He then quickly turned to a soldier.

"Quick! Tell Wufan-ge!"

With a curt nod the man left the tent. After a while the called prince arrived.

"Tao!", he was full of worry. The oldest son of Wu strode towards his injured brother in quick steps until he stood right in front of Tao's bed. Both Luhan and Kris were studying the youngest intensely, their gaze full of concern.

"..ge..I am f-fine...", he tried to voice. Plastering a grin (which resembled a grimace more) on his face Tao tried to sit up but was pushed down by the first prince.

"Stay still", Wufan ordered, but his voice was soft.

"Oh, Tao...I was so scared", Luhan sobbed and wiped his tears. "You were out cold for two whole days!!!"

Two days? He didn't know that his injuries were that bad. There was one thing he wondered about....

"G-ge how did you save me?"

Wufan frowned and Luhan sighed.

"I didn't, it was-"

"Me."

Tao's eyes widened impossibly upon seeing the owner of the voice. The second prince stood at the entrance of the tent, a sad look marring his beautiful face.

"X-Xiumin-ge..."

"Tao...", on silent footpads the second prince of Wu walked over to his lover. Gracefully he sunk onto the bed of the taller injured. The other two princes left Xiumin and Tao.

"Tao...you idiot...", Xiumin's voice was full of accusal, but also worry and love. Finally the shorter man broke down. Tears spilled out of his beautiful brown orbs and he hid his face in his hands. Tao sat up (wincing in the process) and embraced his angel.

"Ge...don't cry... I'm alright...don't cry please...", he pulled the older closer so that Xiumin could burry his face in the crook of Tao's neck. The other just let out a sob.

"W-what if I hadn't come on time, Tao? W-what s-should I have done without you? I-I can't live without you!", he cried harder. The young hero tried to calm and comfort his love by rubbing the small back of his. However Tao noticed that something was odd as soon as the palm of his hand came in contact with the older prince's back. Wetness suddenly covered his hand and the familiar smell of iron and life essence hit the nose of the young hero. Shocked he looked at his hand.

Red.

Blood.

"G-ge! You are bleeding!"

The young prince panicked and grabbed his love by the shoulders, their eyes meeting.

Xiumin looked equally surprised before he wiped his tears and began snorting.

"Don't worry Tao. It's not mine. The blood is not my own.", he reassured his young lover by gently the sixth prince's biceps. Tao frowned.

"From...our enemy...?"

Xiumin just nodded. He let Tao wonder how many men he had slayed.

"You know, Tao", Xiumin gave gentle kisses along the taller boy's jaw, "I told you I am not weak. It would be nice if you could rely on me more."

Truth be told....he and their two Sillian guest came as reinforcements and the second prince had managed to take on every enemy warrior alone (he was secretly the strongest of all princes, the others knew, except for Tao).

A sighed escaped his lips before he found himself being turned over so that his back was hitting the mattress and the panda boy was hovering above him.

"I should. But I want to treat you like a princess. Like my princess."

Their lips met again, only this time it was a more heated kiss. But before both could go any farther thn making out a cough interrupted them.

"It's nice to see you awake, Tao, uuh....", it was an embarrassed Sehun, "...Xiumin-hyung...L-Luhan-hyung calls for you."

The youngest quickly exited the tent and escaped the pillow which had been flying in the direction of his head. With an annoyed groan Tao rolled over, so that his angel could sit up.

"I'll be back later", Xiumin promised with a sweet kiss.

Tao was left alone, cursing at Luhan for ing. After a while a sly smirk formed on his lips.

'Gege, later I'll have my way with you.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quickly dropping this here!!! :DDD unbeta'd, sorry for all mistakes!!!!

Chapter 5 hohohoho

Ok, have to go now, lol (english test in 30 mins, wish me luck!)

Will ramble later XDD

Please comment and subscribe~~!!

 

I LOVE YOU ALL!

 

 

Ok, I edited the story again to get rid of the most critical mistakes^^

I hope you enjoy it >.<

Hahahahaha, sorry if I shocked you with 'Tao's death' XDD

You are so cute I have to always try and coax a sweet reaction from you *-*

OMG I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT SOMEDAY I'LL BE ASSASINATED FOR TROLLING TO MUCH OTL

 

ANYWAY.........

OUR PRECIOUS BUN BOY IS THE HERO YAAAAAAAY!!!!!

I always knew that Xiumin was stronger than he looks B-)

Tao is such a naive cutie for believing that Xiu Xiu is weak (but he is so cute, treating our mandu prince like a mandu princess)

 

AND YAY FOR CHEN AND LUHAN CROSSDRESSING!!!!!

Seriously I think crossdressing!Chen will become one of my new kinks OTL XDDD

SMent, hurry up and make the boys wear women cloths please..........

 

Btw did you guys watch the M!Countdown backstage RT? I squealed at how cute our Chen Chen was when he was laughing and the hipster!ChenYeol moments <3 OH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AND THEN KRISUS CAME INTO VIEW!!! I firmly believe he was ing ChenYeol on purpose v__v

/is being delusional again

 

KAYKAY I have babbled enough :DD (dun' wan' to bore you just yet x) )

 

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!