2) It's Raining Hard and There's an Umbrella

Of Window, Sunshine, and Reflection

Sehun’s staring at him, again.

It was P.E and of course, great time for staring much enough. He sounded like a ert stalker. Sigh.

Tao was playing basketball perfectly perfect—what the hell is wrong with his vocabulary and grammar—and Sehun, a boy who's at sports, staring at the Chinese in amazement. He shook his head and continued his playing pass with Kim Jongin or the one with a nickname 'Kai'. He turned as he heard some boys shouting Tao's name cheerfully as his fans, also some other school girls that happily skip their classes just to see the sweating Tao. He felt a string of jealousy but Kai's throw get him back to reality. He grunted before passing the ball back to his friend and stares back to Tao.

"Sehun!"

He turned because of the panic voice coming from across. When he turned, the ball was flying towards him and hit him right on the face. He fell to his then Kai ran towards him worriedly. "Are you okay?"

Sehun nodded while rubbing his face with one hand, "I'm okay." Said him as he took a glance between his fingers to Tao who's currently wiping his sweat with a towel and—Sehun knew he had his relationship with Goddess of Fortune made up—their eyes meet. Sehun's glad he covered half of his face with his hands or Tao will notice the burning red on his cheeks. He smiled awkwardly but then realized he’s covering his nose and mouth. Tao smirked a bit before returning to his usual flat expression. Sehun widened his eyes and felt like his heart exploded before a cold sensation runs on his hands.

“YAH! You’re bleeding again!” Kai screamed in frustration.

 

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Sehun nodded for the hundred times. He sat on the white bed while holding a small towel to stop his blood running down his nose. Chanyeol sighed, as one of a close classmate; he couldn’t let this innocent boy alone; especially after Kai had witnessed him bled twice. Sehun laid down the mattress carefully not to stain the white sheet with his blood. He had changed his P.E to his uniform because it was covered by blood. “You can go now, Chanyeol. The lesson’s about to start.”

“I guess I have to.”

“Then go.”

Chanyeol sighed. He’s about to face the door when the said furniture opened from outside. A raven black haired boy walked in a bit limping. Chanyeol raised an eyebrow before shifting away from the doorway, letting the Chinese walked in. Sehun was lying down the bed and turned as he heard a move from the other bed. He opened his eyes slowly and found Tao in front of him, messing with a bandage. Seeing the scene in front of him, Sehun widened his eyes and sat up straightly, “Stop!”

Tao turned, frowning at what the brunette had shouted. “You’re not washing the wound first? That’s not the way to use bandage. Come here!” Sehun scolded unconsciously. He grabbed Tao’s hand with his right hand while the left holding the towel on his nose. The younger pulled Tao to a bathroom nearby. “Sit, I’ll get it clean.” He said sternly. Tao sat just like Sehun told him to. The younger washed carefully the bruise that placed on his knee. After washing it with water, he wipes it with some alcohol, carefully treating the opened wound, and wrapped the bandage neatly. “Done!” He said cheerfully.

Realizing what he's been doing, Sehun jumped off and stand up, "T-the lesson is starting already. I-I'm a bit dizzy, I'll just g-go sleep in the clinic. B-bye." He stuttered, turning his back to Tao; hoping the older won't see his blush. Not waiting for an answer, Sehun walked away. But after a few steps, he felt warmth radiating to his body; a hand suddenly grabbed his wrist.

"Thank you." Tao said.

Sehun's heart beat a hundred times faster. He knew his face's as red as a tomato realizing that he just heard Tao's voice for the first time in two weeks. Scared to realize the older will notice his blush when he turned back, he only gave a nod. As slow as he could just to keep the warmth of the elder’s hand around his wrist. They stayed silent for few seconds before Tao slowly releases Sehun's hand. The brunette softly sighed because of the loss. He walked back to the clinic, leaving Tao alone.

 

Sehun sighed. He can't sleep anymore. He's too lazy to come back to class and faces Tao that probably will make him blush even more—and he’s just too lazy to attend the subject. Is he in love? Isn’t it too fast? It's not even a month of his life in this school. Damn. The blood had stopped but he felt dizzy; maybe because of too much sleeping. He sat up straight and recounts back the scene from before, when Tao said a 'thank you' to him while holding his hand--or grabbing his wrist--or whatever. He felt his cheeks grew warmer. He touched his cheeks, wanting his fingers to feel the blush.

A swift move heard from the door, "Are you okay now?" a voice asked.

Sehun gasped in shock, pulling his hands back as he recognize the deep voice, and quickly turned to his classmate, "I guess I am."

"Well then, you shall get back to the—“ Chanyeol was cut as he saw blood running down Sehun's nose again while his face's all red, "—bed, again."

"What?"

He sighed, "Lean forward." Sehun stared at him in confuse, raising an eyebrow. "You're bleeding again."

The brunette touched his blood before leaning his body to the front, "The hell.” He took out the towel he used before.

“You should go to the doctor. I’ll get your things.” Chanyeol said and without waiting for Sehun’s answer, he went out. Sehun sighed. Why he keeps on getting nosebleed? This is weird. The last time he bled was when he’s still elementary school.

"Sehunnie, you okay?!" Kai rushed in with Sehun's bag on his shoulder.

"Much better."

"That's good. Should I get you to the doctor?" Kai offered, but Sehun shook his head, "It's okay. I can go myself."

Kai sighed; Chanyeol came along with some books. "You're running too fast."

"Sorry." Kai muttered. "Sehun, I mind. I won't let you home alone. I'll get to make sure you're safe first, c'mon." He helped Sehun, "Oh, I don't accept argues. Chanyeol, can you help us?"

"No problem. I'll get everything controlled at class."

"Thanks. Now, let's go."

 

 

They had Sehun checked but the doctor assumed it was because the lack of rest and nervousness. Because of worrying too much, Kai finally decided to stay a night at Sehun's. The brunette's a bit confused, but smiled at everything his new best friend had done. He's happy to have someone to care about him again. After few years of loneliness, yes. Maybe he’s right about moving out his uncle’s house and lives alone in a town a bit far from the capital.

 

"Sehunnie~" Kai whined.

Sehun turned to the voice, raising an eyebrow. Kai rolled on the fluffy carpet the room has. "Can you keep a secret?"

Sensing his best friend’s wariness, Sehun smiled while nodding. "Of course, why?" He turned away from the math book.

"I'm in love."

"With?"

"Luhan hyung."

Sehun tried to remember the familiar name. "The one that'd been gossiped with Tao?"

Kai nodded, "And the one you saw before at the student council presentation. He's the president."

"Yeah, I remember."

"I'm one of his fans," he sighed, "Like, one in a million. But I guess the closest one. Since I approach him a lot, a lot more than others."

Sehun nodded.

"He's lovely, isn't he?"

"Oh well, I don't know him yet. But from the way he talks, he's quite sweet."

"I know your type is a cold one like Tao."

Sehun blushed, "What! I don't like him!"

"I didn't say you like him."

"Kaaaaaiii!"

 

 

"Are you sure okay?" Kai frowned seeing the younger sat in front of the dining table; currently waiting for the other to sit and enjoy breakfast.

"A hundred percent." Sehun said while motioning Kai to sit down. "I'm not even sure why am I getting so much nosebleed these days." He stated. "And it's been a week, Kai. I don’t want to get myself dropped out of school."

Kai took a piece of bacon and put it on his bread, "You're the first person I had in my life who bleeds so much."

"Thanks." Sehun rolled his eyes.

Sensing the mood down, Kai started a new topic. "So, how long it took for you to realize your feelings to Tao?"

"What feelings." Sehun raised an eyebrow while chewing his bread, his tone sarcastic.

"Forget it." Kai snorted.

“How about you?”

“About me what?”

“Realizing your feelings to Luhan sunbae-nim.”

The older sighed, “At the very first sight.”

“You’re a type who’s easy to fall?”

“Hey! Just for Luhan hyung, okay.”

 

They went to school and it feels good to be back again for Sehun. He's okay, he knows it. But Kai's acting like an overprotective mother to his—I mean her, or whatever—son. And it feels good to see Tao and sits beside him again. Nothing had really changed from him. He's still as quiet as before, still looking outside the window.

The bell rang and school ends really fast. The outside was raining hard and Sehun whined, along with Kai.

"What should we do?" Kai sighed, leaning his back on the corridor's wall. It's their own fault for not bringing umbrellas though.

"I don't know. I guess the rain won't be stopping soon."

They waited about an hour whining about how their beds will be so comfortable and warm before a familiar person passed by, Kai shrieked in happiness, "CHANYEOL!!"

Chanyeol turned and he mutters some kind like ''. Kai ran to him and begged with his puppy eyes. Chanyeol rolled his eyes before nodding. Kai waved to Sehun, "BYE SEHUNNIE! SEE YA LATER!"

And Sehun's jaw dropped. How could a best friend leave you just like that? Kai is a total brat.

He sighed but leaned back to the wall. Half an hour passed and he started to feel tired. Two persons known as his sunbae-nim passed and he bows slightly. He was about to close his eyes when a voice called his name.

"Sehun?"

Sehun opened his eyes and saw Luhan's face in front of him. He blushed immediately as the pretty boy stared at him. "Y-yes, sunbae-nim?"

"Ah, just call me hyung. You're Kai's best friend, yes?" Luhan smiled sweetly.

"Y-Yes, hyung."

"You're not going home yet?"

"I'm waiting for the rain to stop."

Luhan tilted his face up, "I think it won't stop anytime soon. How about going together with me?" He smiled.

"Ah. N-no, thanks. Really, I'll be okay." ‘Kai will kill me.’ He thought.

"You sure?"

Sehun nodded. ‘Wow Kai, you’re really screwed. If only you have the heart to think of me just for a bit, you’ll have the chance to go home with this celebrity.’ He laughed inside.

"Alright then. I'll see you tomorrow then?" Luhan opened his umbrella and walks away. Sehun never knew a guy can be so beautiful like that. No wonders he got so many fans and Kai fell in love with him. He's so nice and friendly. And he's giving a warm feeling for people to stay around him comfortably.

 

"AAARGH!!" Sehun screamed in frustration as the school looked dead. It's been 3 hours and the rain hasn't stopped yet. The sky is already dark, and a lot darker than usual as the rain keeps on pouring.

"Yo." A deep voice greeted and makes the younger jumped up. He tidied his uniform before turning to see....- an umbrella?

"T...thanks?" Sehun said and grabs the umbrella. He saw a familiar figure that he recognized as Tao. "S...so," the brunette opened the umbrella, "A-are we going home together or—Eh?"

 

Sehun turned to see the figure beside him has gone. He looked around and saw Tao running under the rain, leaving him speechless.

 

 


Okay so that was it, ehehe.

I decided to make every chapter longer so there won't be much chapters. And I'm working on the third chapter now! Sehun's getting more nosebleeds, haha! /shot/

I wanted to make a poll but maybe later on the 3rd chap, and actually I want to update this chapter tomorrow, but because today's Tao's birthday, also the first anniversary of this story on AFF, I decided to post. Happy Birthday!

Please leave some comments to see if you guys like this story, I'd be expecting them.

exo-ed.