Planning for surprises..

Not another Sappy Love Story

Okaasan:blue  Ken:green  Eun-yi:light blue

It was Saturday, a week from Kiyoko's birthday. I was at home bored; I'm sick of my parents fighting all the time. It's so annoying. I decided to go out, to get some fresh air and change of venue. I went to the market, and I saw Okaasan with with Eun-yi, one of Kiyoko's crazy cousins. Hey, Ken. What brings you to the market? Oh, nothing. I'm getting some fresh air. What are you and Okaasan buying? Well, Ken, if you must know, we're shopping for Kiyoko's birthday. Which, I know, you'll be attending. It's not like he'll be doing anything else that day. Right,Ken? Of course not, Eun-yi. Are you here to buy Kiyoko's present? Something like that. (Something is terribly wrong. I shouldn't be doing this).. Well, I'll see you later, Okaasan. I have to get home. Why are you trying so hard to avoid me, Ken? Why don't you help us with the shopping? I wish I could, Okaasan, but I really have to leave. I had to get out of there. Kiyoko would never talk to me again if she found out I had a small crush on her mom. Then, it hit me. I don't like Kiyoko for her, I only liked her for her mom.. I felt so guilty. Auntie? Are you ok? You're so spaced out. Yes, Eun-yi. I'm fine. Auntie, I've seen that look before. Is it Ken? No! What made you think that? Auntie? It's ok to admit you like him.. just a little. Yes. Just a little. Don't tell Kiyoko this, ok? She'll never forgive me.... Now why would I jeopardize a close mother-daughter relationship? You're secret's safe with me..