Chapter Seventeen

Forbidden Feelings

Gyu Ri’s POV

Yeobo,” Jong Hyun whispered into my right ear as he leaned in closer to me. “It’s been awhile since we’ve last gone out together like this right? Just the two of us.”

I felt a sudden tingle of excitement at Jong Hyun’s random affection that night when we heading home from dinner. It’s been so long since I’ve felt that kind of sudden closeness towards him. It reminded me back of those times when we had first started dating. I felt like I was being pulled back into the past; like nothing had ever changed between us.

“I know I’ve been so busy with work recently,” he continued as he slipped his hand into mine. “I’m neglecting you, aren’t I?”

“No,” I shook my head slightly. “It’s okay. You don’t have to feel sorry for anything.”

And surprising myself even, I wasn’t pulling away from him. In fact, I tightened my grasp around his manly hand; just craving for the warmth touch I’ve been missing so much yet too proud to admit it.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have any more feelings left for Jong Hyun.

 That was impossible.

And perhaps, I was right. This was what we both needed, what I needed. To convince myself that the feelings I have for Jae Joong are just something delusional. It wasn’t possible.

“Gyu Ri…are you still angry with me?”

I rubbed his arm gently as I gave him a small smile.

“I guess, no. Everybody makes mistakes. But maybe, yes. I’m still a bit disappointed.”

Jong Hyun went silent for a moment.

“Do you still love Hong Ki?”

That made me stopped dead in my tracks. Jong Hyun stopped walking beside me too.

“Did I say anything wrong?” he asked cautiously.

Lee Hong Ki. It’s been so long since I’ve last heard that name. It’s been awhile since I’ve thought of him. I wondered if he still remembers me at times. But then…

“No. No I don’t,” I replied firmly. “I don’t even know where he is.”

“It was my fault, isn’t it? I was the one who had come in between both of you,” Jong Hyun said, almost regretfully as we continued walking together.

I kept quiet for awhile.

“It’s all in the past,” I said finally. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Alright,” Jong Hyun gave my hand a gentle squeeze. “I understand. But, there is another question that I want to ask you.”

“What is it?” I looked up at him expectantly.

“What do you think of Jae Joong hyung?”

 

Jae Joong’s POV

I glanced up at my bedroom clock for the tenth time that night. It was already thirty minutes past 11 and they weren’t home yet.

Gyu Ri hasn’t come back yet.

I paced back and forth in my room uneasily. Even though I was only wearing a pair of black singlet with three quarter shorts and the air-conditioner was on, the room felt like as if it was on fire. I rubbed the palms of my hands nervously together, anticipating her return.

Unconsciously, my hand reached up to touch the corner of my lips. My thoughts wandered back towards what had happened earlier in the day.

We were so close; she was just a few inches away from me. That perfect mocking lips, the one that I found myself busy staring at every time we ate together. Or whenever she talked to me – I found it hard to pay attention to a single word she was saying. Her small thin lips were too distracting.

Very distracting.

Even the way she brings herself around, how that perfect lean figure swayed beautifully with complete poise. Those long curly brown locks flowing down her back magnificently. And how those long slender legs made their way around…

“Argh,” I groaned in frustration as I continued to torture myself with burning images of Park Gyu Ri. Why did such a goddess have to live under the same roof as me? Why did my egoistic younger brother have to marry someone with such a heavy burden?

And most importantly, why was I acting very much affected by her undeniable presence in the house?

 

“I didn’t know, my brother could get himself a very beautiful and gorgeous woman like you as a girlfriend,” I looked at her remarkably. “He does have a good taste.”

“Oh why, thank you for your compliment. I have to admit, Jong Hyun is a very charming man,” Gyu Ri’s eyes twinkled with excitement as she talked about her boyfriend.

She was just as smitten with him, like he was with her. But he knew his brother. Just how serious was Jong Hyun about this wonderful woman he had brought home this time?

“Do you plan to marry Jong Hyun?” he continued to test the younger girl as he studied her perfect complexion closely.

Damn. His brother was one lucky guy.

“I don’t know,” she gave him a teasing smile as she twirled a strand of her hair. “Do you think I should get married?”

He gave her a crooked grin.

“So, Park Gyu Ri doesn’t do marriages huh?”

 

I stood by the window in my room quietly as I reminisced back the first conversation I had with her. I could tell immediately why Jong Hyun was attracted to her.

Her whole aura was so seductive yet mysterious at the same time. She has this I’m-too-good-for-you kind of look, making it even more tempting for me to resist her.

Park Gyu Ri.

Why, just why did you have to marry my brother?