No one's gonna need you more

Where were you last night?

[A/N: I'm thinking of a double update but both of them around 1000 words. I'm sorry if my absence has affected any of you, I was busy being hungover. Or being hurt thinking of all the people who were visiting Disneyland on the right time. Eh...

@LeaderMaknae- Really? That's really nice to hear. I hope I won't dissapoint you :3

@shesback- My darling, you never fail to make me happy with your comments. 

@LavishlyLay- Oh, thank you so much. It's really good to know what you guys think was well written or what was a good line. Thank you for commenting.

@panzym- Your Chanyeol feels will go wild in the near future if you keep reading. Keke. Mystery mystery.

@inspirit-beauty- Thank you for liking bipolar Sehun~!

@Cshinmi- He is. Lol. Keep reading to find out~!

THANK YOU, GUISE! I know it sounds cheesy but you actually inspire me! The way how different people see different things, gives me alot of new angles to look at! Thank youuuuu~!]

 

 

It was in the middle of the night when Chanyeol opened his weary eyes. It took time for him to regain his consciousness and understand the surroundings. He rolled himself on his back and a familiar ceiling greeted him.

„Luhan’s place.“ He said to himself and stretched out until his hand touched something. Only then he realized that he fell asleep next to her. They were talking for hours yesterday, neither of them had the strength to move anymore. He then rolled himself on his left side so he could observe her. She was still sleeping; lying there on her back without a blanket on. When Chanyeol saw that, he immediately took a blanket and covered her with it. When he was pulling the blanket over her, he stopped for a second to take a look at her face while hovering over her. Chanyeol always found it interesting to observe sleeping people because people never knew what they are like when they sleep. The knowledge could be used as a lighthearted blackmail or just teasing. But there was nothing to use when it comes to her. Chanyeol just stared at her when she made weird sniffing sounds.

„So adorable...“ Chanyeol whispered and felt like something dragged his attention away from her face. He let his gaze drop to her collarbones. He could literally see her heart beating between her collarbones as the blood was rushing in her veins. The sight of it was mesmerizing for him and he felt his own heart beating at a quicker pace. The surprise got even bigger when her heartbeat doubled. At first he thought that it’s a coincidence but then she heard her speak.

„Chanyeol?“

She woke up to see Chanyeol above her, staring at what she thought was her neck. Embarrassment and curiosity mixed got her heart beating faster.

Chanyeol quickly regained himself and smiled to her.

„I woke up just now and saw that you don’t have a blanket on.“ He saw her opening her mouth to speak but quickly cut her off. „Oh dear, how come we fell asleep like this. I’ll go to the living room now. Get some more rest, good night!“

Just like that Chanyeol quickly left the room.

„Good night!“ she tried to shout but she wasn’t sure if he heard. With her heart still thumping, she fell asleep.

 

Your POV

 

I opened my eyes as the sun peeked in through the window. I frowned and hid my face from the light as I sat up. I had a blanket on me. I started replaying last night in my head and remembered Chanyeol falling asleep on the same bed with me; we were really tired. And then I remembered that weird incident when I woke up in the middle of the night. Maybe it was a dream?

I sighed, got up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. My toothbrush made quite some noise since it’s the vibrating one. When I was done brushing my teeth and switched it off, I could hear someone playing guitar. I put the toothbrush away as quickly as I could and followed the sounds. Soon I heard singing. When I had traced the sounds, I entered the room - ninja mode. I was taking a risk; I knew that it wasn’t polite to sneak in other people’s rooms. But I needed to listen to it properly. It was Lay. I just stood there and looked at his back and enjoyed the song.

(A/N: I suggest you to listen to the song. Because it's cooler that way) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbdb7kNxzM

...Cause every lonely heart can use an honest song they can sing along to
You’re the home I’ve been dying to make
And the gold that God didn’t take
I’ll hold that waiting hand for you and drown all the words out

I couldn’t make it past those eyes
I think I feel like the wind
Sometimes, I wish we’d try to begin
No one’s gonna need you more
No one’s gonna need you...

Fine, I tried, but falling back to sin
Those nights you were keeping me in skin
No one’s gonna need you more-

 

That’s when Lay stopped singing and I got caught. The song, the lyrics and the emotion in Lay’s voice just made me gasp. When Lay heard me gasp, his hand twitched and he broke the thinnest string on his guitar. As it flew, it touched Lay’s cheek that now had a thin red stripe on it. As Lay tried to regain himself, he didn’t even move, neither did I. Suddenly he put the guitar on the ground and turned to me. Anger on his face faded as soon as he saw me.

“Oh… good morning! I’m sorry, was I too loud?” he shyly asked. I was too dumbfounded to make sense at that time.

“That was very beautiful…” I said with my eyes wide opened as I was still clueless about what to say.

Lay looked at me for a while and then laughed.

“Thank you, I’m glad you liked it. I didn’t write it though.” He casually said.

I took a few steps toward Lay and sat next to him. I saw the red line on his cheek and winced.

“I’m sorry about that.” I said as I was observing his face.

“What…” Lay wiped his cheek carelessly and saw a small amount of blood on it. “Don’t worry about that, it’s nothing.” He laughed it off. It wasn’t big or anything, I had to agree to that. But the fact that it was my fault, made it bigger in my eyes.

Lay took his guitar from the ground and started changing the thinnest string. I quietly watched him do it. When he finished, he looked at me and smiled.

“There – as good as new!” he joked. I carefully looked at him, hesitating whether to ask him or not.

“What is it?” he interrupted my thoughts.

“Could you perhaps sing that song again? Please?” I quietly asked. A sweet smile spread on Lay’s face.

“Of course.” He said warmly and started singing the song again, this time from the beginning.