Earth calling!?

Where were you last night?

 

 I met Hyuna at the entrance of the Old Town. She was so pretty today, wearing that spangled dress and a fur coat. She even curled her hair a bit, which she never does. „Hi Hyuna, you’re looking good!“ I greeted her. „Nah, you’re just saying that.“ She responded. While both having a great mood, we went to our favorite bar, ordered our favorite coctails, long islands, and sat down to get ourselves started. It doesn’t feel like anything special is going to happen this time. Why do I feel so dull? I wish I stayed home today... I thought to myself. Hyuna had a suspicious look on her face since I hadn’t even touched my drink, but I avoided eye contact with her and took a zip. I felt way too sober to party. Yet I sighed and smiled to Hyuna and we started talking about everyday problems. Somehow I felt uneasy. As always, Hyuna found some foreign lads to talk to, so I just tried to be friendly. Hyuna really seemed to like hers so I was left alone with his friend.

„So. I for once wouldn’t tell that they just met 10 minutes ago.“ I tried to start the conversation. It felt like I wasn’t the only one feeling uneasy.

„Should we get some shots? Maybe...“

„Nothing too strong though“ I pleaded. He ordered 6 Malibu-sprite-rum shots to begin with so I was trying to win some time by keeping more time between each of them. Hyuna was as good as lost. After two hours of being in that bar and a few shots, the lad asked if I wanted to dance. I was bored enough to agree with it. While dancing, I started feeling really thirsty. I told the guy that I’m going to get something to drink, so I did. A Tropical Fizz. It tastes really good and it doesn’t have much alcohol in it. I took the drink to our table after taking a few zips. I left for the ladies room. When I sat down, I realized that the lad isn’t anywhere near anymore. I sighed in relief and started waiting for the night to end. After a while I realized my glass was empty. I sighed again. I felt funny. I didn’t drink at all yet I felt so drunk. I stood up and it got only worse. Things were getting a little out of hands. The world felt like it was spinning around and everything went a bit numb. I felt even more uneasy. The lad was back. Suddenly I didn’t feel that comfortable with him. I told him I was going to leave. „Wait, what? Where are you going, let’s call a cab first?“ he insisted.

„I don’t wanna come with you, I don’t feel good“ I tried to talk with a loud voice so he could hear me, but I was running out of breath somehow.

„Just look at yourself! You obviously drank too much, let’s go to my place“ he smirked at me knowingly.

„I didn’t drink at all...“ I almost whispered.

„You know, you can’t say no to me.“ He said with a demanding voice. This wasn’t okay. I needed to get out. I just left, without knowing where. I opened the door and felt fresh air. I couldn’t even understand if it’s making me feel more sober or is it making me more drunk. I heard some dim voices in the background. I think someone’s calling me. But who? I tried looking around but my eyesight wasn’t that great. Why am I like this... But this felt different. Couldn’t be that one Tropical Fizz did this to me. I started walking. I had no idea where I was going but I just started walking in a direction.  Suddenly I was at a different pub. Suddenly I was at a street again. I felt happy because I saw some familiar faces. I couldn’t figure out where do I know them from though. My legs felt heavy but someone was supporting me. My legs only got heavier, so did my eyes. I think I fell. Or just collapsed. But I could only rest when I felt someone carrying me. I suddenly felt this weird pain in my chest. My heartbeat was uneven and I felt weak. I knew that my legs were shaking but it felt like i was shaking all over – my legs, my hands, my heart, I felt like I was shaking inside out. I was scared to death at that time. Suddenly it all stopped because everything went numb.

            Fresh sheets. A comfortable bed. A massive headache. I tried to remember what is it exactly what happened to me and suddenly I realized that I don’t know how did I get here at first place. I opened my eyes and jumped off the bed. This wasn’t my home. How did I get here??.. I heard someone talking in the other room. I tried to understand what they’re talking about. That subject had to be me. There were many guys having an argument. I couldn’t tell if there were 3 or 4.

„Are you sure she wasn’t just drunk and lost her way home?“

„Yes, I’m sure, she was shaking like crazy and she was terrified. I don’t know why but I don’t believe alcohol can do this to someone“

„Allright, maybe it was drugs? She just took too many and didn’t feel good. Wanted a place to stay?“

„Do you mean like pills? I ... I don’t know.“

„Listen, that sounds logical enough. She probably took some pills“

„Hey, shouldn’t we ask HER? Why are we having this conversation anyways?“

I heard footsteps but I wasn’t strong enough to act quickly and leave, so I just stood there. The door opened and a handsome guy was standing in front of me. I couldn’t even think of anything to say, I just stared at him.

„Hello there, earth calling? I’m here to solve this matter“