Toddler Tales

Yun+Jae=4ever In Love

 

Summary: What do you get when you take DBSK and shrink them into little cuties? You get a few stories about their little mishaps and adventures(that only took place in my head). So in order to satisfy my own deluded delusions, I'm creating my own collection of chibi oneshots staring YunJae and the rest of the DBSK gang.--->

--->

 

Chapter 1: Of Scary Stories and Bedwetting

 

Summary: Why you shouldn't pair scary stories with warm water.

 

"-Isabella screamed and ran from her room and down the halls of the large house. Looking for a way out, she tugged on every door, but they all lead to a dead end. No hope left, she crouched down and covered her head with her hands. She never saw the big  monster coming her way as he pulled her off the ground and ate her in one gulp. The end!" Heechul slammed the book shut and smiled at the terrified faces of his little brother and best friend.

 

"That's it? The monster just ate her and she didn't get a chance to beg? Hyung, that's not what really happened!" JaeJoong struggled to get out from underneath the bundle of blankets so he could grab the book. When he realized he wasn't getting very far, he looked down and saw his friend Yunho clinging to his waist with wide eyes. He wiggled and pushed at his hands, but he wasn't moving.

 

"Sorry little brother, but I'm not the one who wrote the book. That was definitely the end. So now that you've had your story it's time to go to sleep." Heechul stood up and tucked JaeJoong and Yunho in tighter before turning off the light and leaving. After a long length of silence, JaeJoong sighed and poked his friend in the arm.

 

"Yun?"

 

"Yeah Jae?"

 

"Can you let me go, I can't breath." -nervous laughter from Yunho-

 

"Oh yeah, sorry." Yunho let go and wrapped his arms around himself, breathing heavily. Able to breath again, JaeJoong smiled in content and snuggled down into his blankets, preparing for sleep. Yunho on the other hand, was wide awake.

 

"Jae?"

 

"Hmm, what Yun?"

 

"Will you do me a favor?" JaeJoong stirred and sat up so he could look down at his friend.

 

"Sure Yun. What do you want me to do?" Yunho looked down, fiddling with his hands. With a pout, he nodded his head towards JaeJoong's closet.

 

"Will you look in there to check if there are any monsters hiding?" JaeJoong leaned his head to one side as if trying to understand what Yunho had just asked him.

 

"Monsters, but- Oh! Okay Yun I'll check." The little boy repressed his laughter as he climbed out of bed and walked over to his closet. Yunho clutched at his part of the blankets nervously as he watched his best friend open the closet door.

 

'Wow, JaeJoongie is so brave!' JaeJoong went in and came back out with his thumbs up an a big smile.

 

"No monsters in there!" Yunho sighed in relief as JaeJoong ran back over to bed. Before he got in, Yunho thought of something else and yelled for him to stop.

 

"Wait, under the bed too. Monsters like it there too." Since Yunho was laying in JaeJoong's spot now, he had no other choice, but to check. When he was done and saw it was monster free, he shoved his paranoid friend over and got into bed.

 

"There are no monsters in my room now go to sleep." JaeJoong pulled the blankets over his head and tried to get back to sleep.

 

"What about your toy box?" Yunho bit his lip knowing this would probably make JaeJoong angry.

 

"What?"

 

"Monsters could hide in there since it has a lid and-"

 

"Goodnight Yun." Yunho pouted and looked at the ceiling, still unable to sleep. Remembering what his mom said about when he couldn't sleep, he got out of bed and started out of the room and downstairs to the kitchen.

 

'I'll get some warm water and I'll be able to go to bed like Jae.' He took a cup from the counter and pulled JaeJoong's stepping stool up to the sink. Turning the tap to hot, he filled his glass half way and started to drink.

 

"Yunho, what are you doing up?" At the voice, Yunho slowly turned around and saw a tall monster with a green face and lots of hair emerge from the doorway of he kitchen. He screamed and dropped the cup as he ran out of the kitchen at top speed.

 

He ran all the way back to JaeJoong's room and closed the door. Jumping in the bed, he landed face first on top of JaeJoong who sat straight up with his hands in the air.

 

"Where's Barney?!" Yunho shook his head quickly and grabbed JaeJoong by the shoulders.

 

"M-m-monster, kitchen, now! Green and lots of hair and knows my name. Save me Jae!" He got under the blankets and attached himself to JaeJoong's waist once again. Still half asleep, JaeJoong just patted Yunho's arms to get him to settle down.

 

"It's okay Yun, I'm here and the monster won't get you because I'm not afraid of them." When he heard his friends shaky breaths calm to, he smiled and laid back down. Unfortunately it was short lived.

 

"Yun?"

 

"Yeah Jae?"

 

"Why is it wet?"

 

"He-he, oops."

 

Two sets of clean pajamas and fresh sheets later, Yunho and JaeJoong were back in bed. JaeJoong had his arms crossed, laying so he could face Yunho who refused to look at him.

 

"The light is on, I checked my toy box and the door is open. There are no monsters at all. Can we please go to sleep now?" Yunho nodded and closed his eyes.

 

"I'm sorry Jae. I'm just really afraid of monsters." JaeJoong smiled and pulled his friend into his arms. Although Yunho was bigger than him, he still managed to fit just right whenever he held him.

 

"I know Yun. It's okay as long as I'm here. Goodnight." Yunho sighed and snuggled into JaeJoong's chest. Collectively, they both finally found sleep.

 

*The Next Morning At Breakfast*

 

Yunho and JaeJoong sat at the breakfast table, shoveling down their cereal and giggling about the cartoons they had watched earlier. Yunho didn’t even notice when JaeJoong's brother Heechul came in.

 

"Morning you two." JaeJoong smiled and nodded. He was about to turn his gaze away when he noticed something on Heechul's cheek.

 

"Hyung, there's something green on your face." Hearing the word green, Yunho swallowed hard, still with his eyes down. Heechul rubbed at his face and then laughed.

 

"Oh, it must be from my facial last night. That stuff is really thick." Blinking a few times, JaeJoong remember the description of the 'monster' Yunho said he saw. He then turned and saw his brother's long hair falling below his shoulders. When he looked at Yunho, the other didn't meet his eyes.

 

"Yun, I think the only monster you saw was hyung." He smiled and covered his mouth with the back of his hand as he started to laugh and Yunho flushed bright red.

 

"Hey, who are you calling a monster?!"

 

Chapter 2: Big Boy Undies

 

Summary: All it takes is one question to turn a perfectly normal day into one that's not so normal.

 

Yunho pulled off his school pants and looked around his school bag for his jeans. JaeJoong looked up from putting on his own after school clothes when something caught his attention.

 

"Yun, what are those?" He pointed to his friends bottom, but more specifically what was covering his bottom. Yunho looked confused for a moment, but smiled once he knew what JaeJoong was talking about. He put his hands on his tiny hips and struck a pose.

 

"These are my new big boy undies. My mommy bought them because I'm almost six. You like?" He turned around and shook his bum at JaeJoong. JaeJoong was mesmerized by the fire truck patterns. Experimentally, he reached out and poked his .

 

"They even feel different than mine." He pouted and looked at his own underwear that were just pull ups. Yunho smiled and shrugged.

 

"Maybe you're just not big enough to wear what I'm wearing. I think your bears and rainbows are cute." JaeJoong continued to pout as he put on his clothes. When he was dressed, the idea that he wasn't big enough to wear the same thing as Yunho still bothered him. He ran out of the room and down the stairs to find his mother who was in the kitchen. Impatient, he tugged on her pant leg to get her attention.

 

"Umma, why does Yunho get to wear big boy undies and I can't?" His mother frowned for a few moments before the realization hit her.

 

"Do you not like your pull-ups anymore?" JaeJoong nodded quickly, a big pout on his lips. His mother sighed.

 

"Well then we can go get you some new big boy undies. Can we do it tomorrow?" That was a silly question. JaeJoong shook his head no so fast he nearly fell over.

 

"I want to go today and bring Yun with us so he can help. Please?" She looked at the lunch she was preparing, but put it aside.

 

"Fine, then go get Yunho." JaeJoong smiled and clapped his hands as he dashed out of the kitchen to go get Yunho. When he got to his room, Yunho was spread out on his bed with a coloring book.

 

"Yun, we're going shopping! C'mon, let's go." He didn't wait for Yunho to respond before he was dragging his younger friend out the room.

 

*At The Department Store*

 

"These are so cool! They even have Spiderman on them." Yunho tapped his chin and shook his head for the nth time since they had arrived.

 

"Spiderman doesn't seem right on you. How about these?" He held up a package of pink and purple underwear with bears and polka dots. JaeJoong looked at them for a while then back at Yunho.

 

"Yun, really?" The latter nodded and gave it to him before picking up another package.

 

"And these too." These had cats with the word 'meow' in the empty spaces.

 

"Are those even for boys?"

 

-blank stare- "Hm, I don't know. Doesn't matter right because Jae looks like a girl sometimes." Clearly unhappy with the answer, JaeJoong defiantly picked up the package of underwear that had Spiderman and Captain America on them and went over to his mom.

 

"I want these." Yunho pouted and reluctantly put back the cute, girl underwear, and followed behind JaeJoong and his mother.

 

*The Following Week*

 

"Yun, why are you still pouting?" Yunho ignored JaeJoong and continued to be busy with his half of the poster they were making for school. JaeJoong sighed and put down his crayons and crawled over to Yunho.

 

"Please don't be mad at me Yun. I just wanted to be a big boy like you."  Yunho glanced at him for a moment before looking away again.

 

"No, I'm mad because you asked me to help you, but you didn't listen." JaeJoong smiled and stood up in front of Yunho. He stamped his foot a few times to get his friends attention and when he did, he dropped his pants. Much to Yunho's surprise, JaeJoong was wearing the cat underwear he had picked out.

 

"I know how much you wanted me in something cute like this so I begged umma to buy them. You happy now?" Yunho nodded and smiled wide before pulling JaeJoong down in a hug.

 

"Of course I'm happy you listened to me JaeJoongie. They look really cute on you." JaeJoong giggled and hugged Yunho back. Looks like his dongsaeng has gotten his way once again.

 

Chapter 3: Role Play Anyone?

 

Summary: One thing leads to another and somehow the point gets across.

 

"Then they give you a cool sticker. My mommy said I was a good big boy because I didn't cry." Everyone oohed as Changmin told, for the third time that day, about his trip to the doctor to get his shot. Yunho rolled his eyes and leaned back next to JaeJoong.

 

"It doesn't sound like a big deal. I bet anyone could do it." Junsu nodded in agreement and folded his arms across his chest.

 

"I'm with Yunho. I bet you cried and they had to give you that sticker just to shut you up." Yoochun and JaeJoong fell over laughing at the look on Changmin's face.

 

"Did not Duck Breath!"

 

"Did to Shovel Mouth!"

 

"Did not Dolphin Teeth!"

 

"Did to Elephant Ears!"  -silence-

 

"Mommy!" Changmin ran off covering his ears. The others just stood there watching before they started to laugh again. JaeJoong stopped laughing first and sighed. He turned to Yunho and pouted.

 

"What if getting a shot is scary? Mommy says I have to get one tomorrow, but I don't want to." Yunho smiled and hugged JaeJoong.

 

"Then let's play pretend. It'll be like your at the doctors office so then you won't be scared when the real thing comes." Yoochun was the first one up, jumping up and down with his hand in the air.

 

"Can I be the doctor and then Su will be the nurse?" Yunho nodded and pulled JaeJoong up from his spot on the grass.

 

"I'll be Jae's daddy. C'mon, we can practice by the swings." 

>

 

Changmin joined them moments later, sniffling with a lollipop in his mouth. He agreed to help if they got something wrong. JaeJoong sat nervously on the swing next to Yunho who was holding his hand for support. Yoochun, wearing glasses he had gotten out of his mother's purse, stepped from behind the tree and walked over to JaeJoong.

 

"Hi JaeJoong. My name is Dr. Park and I'll be giving you your shot today. Any questions?" JaeJoong shook his head no and gripped Yunho's hand tighter. Yoochun turned around and waved to the tree he had come from, and a few seconds later, Junsu emerged with a white napkin on his head holding a small twig. He smiled a skipped over to stand next to Yoochun.

 

"Hi, I'm nurse Kim!" Changmin snorted and rolled his eyes.

 

"The nurse looks stupid."

 

"Shut-up Dumbo!" Yunho cleared his throat before things continued down the same path as earlier. They got back on track and Junsu gave the twig  to Yoochun.

 

"On the count of three, I'm going to give you the shot. One, two,-"

 

"Wait!" Junsu took off his napkin and stood in front of Yoochun and JaeJoong.

 

"What is it Su?" Yoochun lowered the hand with the twig as Junsu clutched onto JaeJoong for dear life.

 

"You can't really poke Joongie hyung with that! What if you hurt him?" They all blinked not really sure how to react.

 

"That's kind of the point Su. If I can't handle it then I won't be able to get the real thing. Go on Chunnie, poke me." And like that, Yoochun did, Yunho smiled, Changmin clapped, and Junsu started to cry. Changmin shook his head and poked his lollipop at a Junsu's nose.

 

"Now who's the crybaby?" Junsu swiped at him and cried harder when he missed.

 

"-hiccup- I hate you Cow Stomach!"

 

>

 

The next day, JaeJoong went to the doctor and got his shot. He didn't cry and ended up getting two neat stickers. One of which he gave to Junsu.

 

Chapter 4: Eagar Sharing

 

Summary: Sometimes, getting a kid to share is like trying to pull unloose teeth. Extremely hard! But in some cases, there are some exceptions.

 

It was recess time at the local grade school and the playground buzzed loudly with the noise of young children. Young Yunho sat underneath a slide, greedily eating some chocolate chip cookies. He snickered to himself when he realized he was getting away with breaking the rule that said no snacking at recess.

 

"Yunnie, what are you doing?" Yunho nearly choked on his cookies when he heard the voice come from behind him. He calmed down a bit when he realized it was just his best friend.

 

"I'm eating cookies, but you can't have any." JaeJoong pouted and sat down in front of Yunho.

 

"Why not?"

 

"Cause."

 

"Cause why?" Yunho frowned. He didn't really know why.

 

"I guess cause I say so." It was JaeJoong's turn to frown.

 

"That's not a very good reason Yun." Yunho nodded in agreement.

 

"Well...I guess I can give you some if you give me something as a trade." JaeJoong quietly pondered the thought, not really sure what he could possibly give his friend that would be good enough to get a delectable cookie in return. Just when he thought there was no such thing, until it struck him.

 

"Does Yun want a kiss from Jae?" Yunho's eyes grew wider and his chubby cheeks grew as red as the red shorts he was wearing.

 

"K-k-kiss from J-J-Jae? F-from y-y-you?" JaeJoong smiled and nodded.

 

"Then you'll share with me?" Yunho nodded quickly, fumbling with the paper bag that held his cookies. JaeJoong leaned forward and quickly gave Yunho a wet peck on the lips that left the latter blushing hard. He held out his bag and JaeJoong excepted it with a smile.

 

"Thanks Yunnie." JaeJoong happily ate his first cookie. Yunho sat still staring at his best friend.

 

"Want me to share anything else?"

 

-silence-

 

Chapter 5: Life's Little Accidents and Mishaps

 

Summary: All it takes is a trip to the beach to spark an afternoon of commotion. 

 

"You boys know the rules. Don't get too close to the water unless one of the adults are with you." The five young boys nodded harmoniously and quickly took off in the direction of the sand.

 

"I'm going to put Changmin in sand hole!" Junsu chuckled happily, his bucket and small shovel held proudly with Yoochun following close behind.

 

"Stay away from me quack face!" Changmin ran away from the ensuing Junsu. Yunho laughed, holding JaeJoong's hand.

 

"Are friends are weird aren't they JaeJoongie?" JaeJoong smiled and nodded in agreement.

 

"But I kind of want to help Su." Yunho pouted, not wanting to let go of his friends hand, but eventually did so.

 

For the rest of the morning and into the afternoon, the children chased each other around. When the waves weren't so high, Yoochun's mom agreed to over see them while they played in the water. JaeJoong, the best swimmer out of the five, was helping out his other friends, holding their hands as they got deeper into the water. At one point his had Junsu clinging to his back and Yoochun glued to his front like two wet cats refusing to let go. Changmin snickered, floating on his back.

 

"Look at the way dolphin nose clings too Jae hyung. He can't even swim on his own." Junsu frowned and hurriedly let go of JaeJoong and dog paddled over to Changmin. Yunho promptly took his place, discreetly trying to shoo Yoochun away.

 

"I can't let go of hyung, I'll drown!" Yoochun squeezed JaeJoong tighter causing the lather to choke. Yunho swatted him on the head, and startled him enough to let go. Unsurprisingly enough, Yoochun didn't drown when he let go of JaeJoong. He stood up and was about to walk away until he tripped. He grabbed onto the first thing he felt and pulled them to keep his balance. JaeJoong's eyes got big when Yoochun's hand immerged from underneath the water with a handful of his swim trunks.

 

"Um, sorry Jae hyung. Here you go." Yoochun blushed and shoved JaeJoong's swim trunks in his hand and waddled over to the other boys. Yunho still stood behind JaeJoong. He reached down and came into something soft. He pinched it and JaeJoong wailed out and fell forward. Yunho blushed when realized what he just did.

 

"Mommy I just pinched JaeJoongie's !"

 

About ten minutes later, a freshly clothed JaeJoong sat on his beach blanket, pouting.

 

"I said I was sorry JaeJoongie. Please forgive me." JaeJoong frowned and shook his head no.

 

"You pinched my bottom!" The other three boys sat in silence staring at the older boys. Junsu leaned over and nudged Yoochun.

 

"How come you ripped off Jae hyung's pants?" Yoochun blushed and looked away from Junsu.

 

"It was an accident. Scold Yunho hyung. He's the one who pinched Jae hyung on the ." Changmin whispered for them to both shut up as he munched on some animal crackers. He was deeply immersed in watching his two hyung's as if it were his favorite show.

 

"It was a very big accident. If it makes you feel any better, it was super soft!"

 

"…"

 

"Doesn't make you feel better does it?" JaeJoong shook his head no. Yunho sighed and leaned back. He was completely defeated as to how to make his best friend feel better and stop being mad at him. Then it dawned on him. He stood up and in one swift motion tugged down his swim shorts, effectively grabbing everyone's attention. Changmin choked on a animal cracker, Yoochun burst out laughing, and for once, Junsu was completely speechless. A horrified scream, more than likely from Yunho's mother, sounded in the back ground. JaeJoong started wide eyed at the ness of his best friend.

 

"Yun, what are you doing?"

 

"Pinch my . It'll make you feel better." And quickly, before Yunho's mother could arrive, JaeJoong gave Yunho's a delightful pinch.

 

"Thanks Yunnie!" JaeJoong giggled and pounced on his friend giving him a bear hug. Somehow, the afternoon had ended without any further mishaps. But it was quite clear that everyone saw a very new part of Yunho.

 

THE END