Chapter 18: The Days Quickly Pass By

The Princess And The Singer

Chapter 18: The Days Quickly Pass By

The day that war was declared between Seo-hyun and Sohee was January 3. Only 1 week and 2 days left before Seo-hyun, Gae-hwa, Switzel, Paolo and Adrian leave for Japan for the third semester’s exam. On January 7, a Saturday, Sohee and Seo-hyun will have a meeting which will decide the fate of Seo-hyun and Seulong’s relationship.

Upon arriving back at her house in Gangnam with Gae-hwa and Switzel (Seulong dropped them off at Switzel’s hose using the pretext that they are having a sleepover. After he left, they rode a cab to Gangnam.), she relayed to them what happened between her and Sohee. They were all seated at Seo-hyun’s bed.

“I can’t believe her! That’s it! I’m putting her in my blacklist!” said Gae-hwa.

“Yeah! That was very mean of her!” said Switzel.

“What really shocked me was that, she said, she was Seulong’s first love. That really pulled me down into an abyss you know.” said Seo-hyun.

“ I guess people like him also have some secrets to hide I mean, they are in the entertainment industry and people ther have a lot of secrets!” said Gae-hwa.

“But another thing that startled me was where or from whom did she found all of this!” said Seo-hyun.

“Yeah. That’s a real mystery!” said Switzel.

“Taecyeon perhaps?” said Gae-hwa.

“Well, I initially thought so too but, he gave us his word not to say it to anyone. Paolo’s not a suspect either neither Jo Kwon, Jinwoon or Changmin.” said Seo-hyun.

“Are you sure? I mean, ever since the day I’ve been telling you that Taecyeon might have feelings for you, you always said no he doesn’t and that’s impossible and all but, are you sure? He might have told her because of his feelings for you!” said Gae-hwa.

“Oh. I never looked at that way yet. But still, we just couldn’t judge a person just like that and all because of his supposed feelings for me, if he does have those. Don’t judge a book by its cover right?” said Seo-hyun.

“Well Gae-hwa, she does have a point.” said Switzel.

“Yeah, you two are right but, I’ll start observing him really hard from right this very moment!” said Gae-hwa.

“Hahaha! Good luck then! Fighting!” said Seo-hyun.

“Yeah! Fighting!” said Switzel.

They talked the entire night about different things and stuff. The next day, there wasn’t anything important to do so, the girls just lazily lounged around the house. While they were in the living room, Seo-hyun asked Switzel something.

“Hey Switzel, when are you gonna formally introduce Jonghyun to us huh? He also knows everything right? Well, when?” asked Seo-hyun.

“Well, he said he was kinda shy to meet you or any member of the Royal Family so, maybe a little longer perhaps?” she replied.

“Yah! When the perfect opportunity comes, you should introduce him to us!” said Gae-hwa.

“So that we can evaluate him!” said Seo-hyun.

At this point, everyone just laughed! Then, Seo-hyun’s phone began to ring; it was Seulong calling! She made everyone shut up so that they could talk.

“Yoboseyo? Oh! Annyeonghaseyo Seulong-oppa! Good day to you! What’s up?” asked Seo-hyun.

“Geumju-ahh! Well here, in the recording studio recording our new songs and all. We’re on a 15-minute break you see. So um about yesterday, did something happen to you and Sohee while you were in the comfort room? Your spirits seems to have gone down when you came out you see. ” he asked.

“Oh! About that! Jaljinaeyo Seulong-oppa! (I’m alright!) Haha. We just had a friendly talk and all and you mentioned something about my spirits were like kinda down right? It’s just the meal I ate. It was just heavy! Hahaha!” she said.

“Aigoo! Hahaha! I thought something bad happened! I’m just making sure you’re alright and all! I wasn’t able to text all of what I just asked last night ‘cause we all fell asleep soundly last night you see! Hehe! Oh! Tomorrow let’s meet up okay?”

“Tomorrow? What time? I don’t want to jog anymore in that place!”

“Hahaha! 10AM at that ice cream store in Myeong-dong. Well?”

“Sure! No problem! Oh! Last one to get there gets to treat the winner that whole day okay!” said Seo-hyun.

“Fine then! See you tomorrow then! Saranghamnida Geumju-ahh!” said Seulong.

“Aishteru Seulong-kun!” replied Seo-hyun/ Geumju.

“Hahaha! Japanese eh? Maybe you could give me some lessons tomorrow then huh! Well, Sayonara!”

“Try this! Au Revoir!”

“French this time? Hahaha! You always amaze me! Bye now!” said Seulong as he hanged up.

“You two are seriously in love!” said Gae-hwa.

“I just couldn’t fathom how no one, besides those who know your secret, has ever recognized you as Princess Seo-hyun!” said Switzel.

“Yeah well, it’s not for long. On Saturday remember? My meeting with Sohee. I’m kinda scared when thinking about it.” said Seo-hyun.

“You have a point there. I would feel the same if I were in your place.” said Gae-hwa.

“Same here.” ended Switzel.

And so, they got back to doing nothing…

The next day…

Seo-hyun thought she was the first one to arrive at the ince cream store but it was Seulong who hid himself while reading a newspaper!

“Looks like you’re treating me!” said Seulong, joking and all.

“Araseo! So, I’ll be having pistachio for today and you?” asked Geumju.

“Surprise me!” said Seulong with a smile.

“Surprise you eh? Be prepared!”

After some couple of minutes, their order s have arrived! Seo-hyun/ Geumju was handed her pistachio while for Seulong/ Yeongpyo, he got a banana split, strawberry ice cream, cookies & cream, rocky road, and vanilla!

“What the?” he said looking at his “order.”

“You did say surprise me right? Come on! Eat all of it up! We can’t leave if you don’t so, chow down!” said Seo-hyun/ Geumju.

“Yah! How will I eat all of this then huh?” he asked.

“Oh, you don’t know? You get this spoon here, scoop up some of this strawberry and, put it in your mouth!” said Seo-hyun/ Geumju as she was doing what she was saying! Seulong/ Yeonhgpyo was surprised by what she did and so, he  scooped up some of the rocky road and did the same thing to her!

“Yah! Yeongpyo-oppa!” said Geumju with ice cream in .

“Well, you started it!” said Yeaongpyo also with ice cream in his mouth.

The two looked a t each other and then laughed. Geumju finished her pistachio first and helped Yeongpyo with his frozen delights. Eventually, they were so ful that for the whole day, they stayed there!

“Oh gosh! It’s already 12:30 noon and I’m still full!” said Geumju.

“Well, same here and you were the one who ordered all of that! Well, since we’re here, teach me some Japanese then!” said Yeongpyo.

Happy to do it then! So…”

The entire afternoon was then devoted to teaching Yeongpyo/ Seulong Japanese. Eventually, he can say some basic sentences by the end of their date!

“So um, thanks for today Geumju-ahh. I had fun!” said Seulong.

“Me too of course!” she replied.

“I’ll drive you home then.” he said.

“No need. I love walking in the snow! I did it once when were at Hokkaido and I really sunk down! Hahaha!”

“Really? Hahaha! Well, okay then but, be careful okay?”

“Of course I will! You too!”

“Annyeong Seulong-oppa!” said Geumju.

“Annyeong Geumju-ahh! said Seulong as he hugged her and she did the same thing as well! Seulong then boarded his car and drove off.

“Whoo! I have to think more excuses for him not to see my house! Or else I would be forced to borrow one!” she said to herself.

As the first week of the year passes, day by day, they meet up and go to some places where of course they bonded and got to know more about each other. But finally, it was already Saturday. Seo-hyun woke up from her slee suddenly after having a nightmare where demons, ghosts and monsters were chasing her. She checked her phone, it was only 2AM.

“Haha. 2AM.” she said as she smiled. She looked at Gae-hwa and Switzel who were both soundly asleep while their mouths were open!

“(Yawns.) I guess I should go back to sleep… not unless I make it colder!”

She then went towards the aircon, made the temperature go down even further even while it was snowing outside! She then went back to bed, placed her share of the blanket on the others and went back to sleep!

“Oh how I love the cold so much!”

Later that day at around 9AM, at 2AM’s dorm building, a mysterious guy was walking up the stairs and was asking where the fasmous group was. When he was told where it was, he proceeded there quickly and knocked on the door.

“Yah! Wait a second!” It was Seulong!

When he opened the door, he was surprised to see the mysterious guy before him!

“Ah, may I help you?” he said while scratching his head.

“Is this the dorm room of 2AM?” the guy asked.

“Neh. It is. The others are out and I’m the only one here. Who is it?” he asked again.

“You’ll know when we talk inside.”

Later that evening at about 6PM, Seo-hyun who was eating with her friends, received a call from her oppa.

“Geumju-ahh. Can you please meet up with me where we went? The one near the Han River.”

“Ah! Where, we became together right?” she asked.

“Neh. That’s right. Pleae do it fast, I have something important to know and tell you. Bye and see you okay? Bye!” said Seulong as he hanged up.

“So, he wants to see you eh? Go now Seo-hyun!” said Switzel.

“Haha! Sure thing! I’ll go up and change!” said Seo-hyun as she went up the stairs excited.

“You know Switzel, I have a bad feeling about this.” said Gae-hwa.

“Why’s that?” she asked.

“I don’t know but I do fear, that a storm has just made landfall.”

By the Han River…

Seulong has just returned his phone to his pocket while the mysterious guy earlier was standing near him.

“Good work there.” he said.

“I don’t know where’s the good in that at all Your…” before he can continue, the mysterious guy made him stop by moving his right hand up.

“Just call me by my first name. It’s okay.” said the mysterious guy.

“Sure thing… Adrian.” said Seulong as he looked at the last parts of the setting sun.