Chapter 17: A Declaration Of War

The Princess And The Singer

Chapter 17: A Declaration Of War

“Geumju… RUN!!!!!!”

“AAAHHH!!!”

A deafening scream was heard in that once silent road. As it turns out, our couple was running from some dogs which were chasing them!

“I told you so! You shouldn’t have given them that biscuit because I know they’ll be wanting more!” shouted Seo-hyun/ Geumju as she kept on running.

“I’m Sorry! Mianhe!” shouted Seulong.

The dogs, there 5 of them, were now closing in on the two when suddenly, Seulong’s phone rang!

“Aish! Who could be calling me right now?! (Picks up his phone) YOBOSEYO?!” he shouted while running.

“Ah! Annyeonghaseyo Seulong-hyung! It’s me Jo Kwon!”

“WHAT? WHAT IS IT?! WHY DID YOU CALL ME?!” he shouted.

The two were now going up a curve!

“This is tiring!” shouted Seo-hyun/ Geumju.

“Woah there! I thought you were jogging with Geumju? How come you’re shouting at me? Did something happen?” asked Jo Kwon.

“We… we’re being… chased… by… DOGS! AAAHHH!!!” shouted Seulong as he replied back to Jo Kwon.

“What?! Hahaha! Hey guys! Check this I mean listen to this! Our Seulong-hyung’s and Geumju-ahh are being chased by dogs right now! Hahaha!” shouted Jo Kwon as he called the others.

“… Hahaha! You’re right! I could hear the dogs barking!” said Jinwoon

“Yeah! Hahaha! I could hear them running and breathing very hard! Hahaha! Go you too! Fighting!” shouted Changmin.

“Yeah! Fighting!” shouted Jinwoon and Jo Kwon together.

“Yah! Why did you call me?! I thought I told you that me and my Geumju-ahh will be jogging today!” shouted Seulong.

“Mianhe! I just want to inform you that later, we’ll be having a group lunch!” said Jo Kwon.

“A group lunch?! Who’s gonna be with us there?!”

“Us of course, Geumju-ahh and her friends Bokhui and Hye-ri as well as my Ga In-ahh!” shouted Jo Kwon.

“Eh?! Me and my friends?! For what?! Oh! My phone’s ringing! Aish! Come on you stupid dogs! Get away now! AAAHHH!... YOBOSEYO?!”

“Ah! Geumju! Why are you shouting at me like that?! Anyway, I called you because Jo Kwon-hyung and the others invited us, along with Hy-ri to a group lunch!”

“I know! He’s talking right now with Seulong-oppa here and WE’RE BEING CHASED BY DOGS RIGHT NOW! HANG UP NOW! HANG UP!” shouted Seo-hyun/ Geumju.

“Oh?! Really?! Hahaha! Sorry then! See ‘ya later!” said Gae-hwa/ Bokhui as she hanged up.

“Yah! Kwonnie! Where will this be taking place! AH! That was close!” shouted Seulong.

“Seulong-oppa! Fighting! AH! Almost got me!”

“Geumju-ahh! We’ll get through this! Don’t worry!”

“You guys are really sweet! It will take place at that newly opened chicken restaurant in Myeong-dong! What was it again?... Ah! Barbara Queen! Got that? Bye!” shouted Jo Kwon as he hanged up.

After putting back his phone into his pocket, he looked back and saw that the dogs were just inches from them!

“AAAHHH!!! Geumju-ahh! See that tree up ahead? Once we get near it, I’ll quickly bend down and you climb it okay? Then help me up got it?” shouted Seulong.

“Yes! Let’s just end this!” shouted Seo-hyun/ Geumju.

When they got close to the tree, Seulong bent down, she stepped on his back and climbed the tree! She then helped him next and a second later, they were now safe from the dogs which just went away. The two were now finally safe!

“Aigoo, I swear, let’s not come here anymore!” said Seulong.

“Hahaha! Well, it was YOUR fault why the dogs were chasing us! But still, I kinda had fun!” she said.

“Really?”

“Neh!”

“Well, let’s rest for a while. My entire body hurts!” said Seulong.

“Mine too! Hey, you’re seating so bad! Here.”

She gets from her pocket a handkerchief and wipes the sweat on Seulong’s face. Seulong was looking at her when, he suddenly kissed her on the lips!

“Oppa! Why did you do that?!” she asked.

“Saranghamnida Geumju.” he said

“Saranghae, Onggie!” she replied.

“HEY! YOU TWO! COME DOWN HERE! YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO SIT THERE!”

It was a policeman! When they got down, they bowed their heads for forgiveness.

“Mianhamnida. We didn’t mean to be there actually because just a while ago, some dogs were chasing us you see. Mianhe.” said Seo-hyun/ Geumju.

“Aigoo, okay then but don’t do this again okay!” said the policeman.

“Neh. We’re sorry again.” said the two.

After changing into their civilian clothes which they brought along with them, they strolled in Myeong-dong first since it was only 9AM. They did some window shopping, listened to some street music, watched a street show and other things. When it was time for the group lunch, they were the first ones to arrive followed by Bokhui (Gae-hwa) and Hye-ri (Switzel), Jinwoon, Changmin, Jo Kwon and Ga In (all of them of course were wearing thick clothes or something else to disguise them). Since everyone was present already, they were wondering why is it that no one’s ordering yet.

“Are we gonna eat?” asked Jinwoon.

“Sorry for the late announcement guys! It’s just that Taecyeon and Sohee aren’t here yet! I kinda invited them at the last minute you see!” said Jo Kwon.

This made Seulong and Seo-hyun/ Geumju look at Jo Kwon, both surprised! This made Bokhui kick Geumju’s leg to which she gave her a glare!

“Ah. I see. Well then, let’s wait!” said Changmin.

After a few more minutes of waiting, the two finally came! Everyone stood up to wecome them. Seulong and Sohee eyes were locked at each other for an instant before they both bowed. Taecyeon successfully resisted blushing when he looked at Seo-hyun.

“Since everyone is now here, let’s eat!”

This is the order that they are seated:

L-left                                     R-right

Taecyeon                              Sohee

Jo Kwon                                Jinwoon

Ga In                                     Changmin

Seo-hyun                               Bokhui

Seulong                                 Switzel

As they were eating, they were all telling stories, rumors and jokes with each other. Sohee kept looking at Seulong and Seo-hyun/ Geumju who were both obviously enjoying themselves. Taecyeon also did the same thing to which Bokhui motioned Hye-ri to look at. After eating, Seo-hyun/ Geumju excused herself to go the comfort room (they were near it) to which Sohee followed her.

Inside, Seo-hyun/ Geumju was washing her hands when Sohee came in. This made Seo-hyun/ Geumju look at her.

“Oh. Annyeonghaseyo.” said Geumju.

Sohee then locked the door which made Geumju surprised! She closed the faucet and faced Sohee.

“Um, why did you locked us inside here?” she asked.

“I can’t believe it. Her Royal Highness, Princess Lee Seo-hyun, disguising herself under the name of Song Geumju.” said Sohee who had a n evil smirk on her face.

“Ho-how did you know that? Who told you? Taecyeon-hyung?” asked Seo-hyun.

“It doesn’t matter to whom I found out about your little game. For someone who countless idols, singers and actors have been faling for, I never know you stoop this low.” said Sohee.

“What do you want?”

“Oh! Nothing else but my dear Seulong-oppa.” replied Sohee. 

“Wae? What do you mean?” asked Seo-hyun.

“I’m sure he told you already about his first love and I’m sure he said it was when he was still in college right?”

“How did you know that? Wait, don’t tell me…”

“Yep! You’re looking at her Your Royal Highness! I am Im Seulong’s first love!”

“No way…” said Seo-hyun as all the colors of her face flushed out.

Yes way! Now, to make this simple, I won’t tell your little secret IF, you promise to give up on Seulong-oppa within this week.” said Sohee.

“What?! You know I can’t just do that!” said Seo-hyun.

“I know so that’s why I’m giving you an entire week to think about it. On Saturday night, 8PM at the City Hall public lawn. Got that?” said Sohee.

“Is this a declaration of war?” asked Seo-hyun.

“I suppose. Why?” asked Sohee.

“I see. Well then, I’ll be South Korea while you’re North Korea.” said Seo-hyun.

“Ha! Then I’m South Vietnam while you’re North Vietnam!” replied Sohee.

“Grr! Then I’m West Germany and your’re East Germany!” replied Seo-hyun.

“Humph! Then I’m China and you’re Silla!” said Sohee.

“I see now! Then I’m Prussia and you’re Austria!” said Seo-hyun.

“Prussia? Now that’s a makebelieve country!” said Sohee.

“What the heck! It was once a kingdom when Germany hasn’t been unified yet! Read your history book please!” said Seo-hyun.

“Whatever! At least I know a lot about Seulong than you do!” said Sohee.

“That may be so but, the most foolish person in the world is the one who boasts his/her own intelligence.” said Seo-hyun.

“GRRRRR!!!” said the two as they faced each other!

 

A war has just erupted! And between the two girls, the man they both love! What will happen now! Find out in the next chapter!