Chapter 37: The Im Winery Stirkes Back

The Princess And The Singer

Chapter 37: The Im Winery Strikes Back

Back to the present day which is Friday, the Im Winery’s scinetists, experts, workers and especially the higher authorities were all crippled at the news that the Seoul Wineryu Inc. will now be releasing the first ever fruit wine for they, the Im Winery was the first one to come up with that one first and they didn’t know how the biggest winery in Seoul got the idea first!

“They must have stolen it from us!” said Vice President Jung.

“That’s not possible because the documents are still here!” replied Mr. Song who was in charge of Marketing.

“But how?! How did they develop the same kind of idea like ours?!” asked angrily by Ms. Ryu who was the Head Scientist.

“President Im, are we going to stop with our work then?” asked Mr. Kang, the Head of the Labor Force.

“Unfortunately, yes. We should.”

“But sir!” protested the others.

“But what?! If we continued on our work and tell the entire nation about it this Sunday, they would all think we were the ones who copied it!” The President pounded his fist on the table so hard that everything on it leaped for an instant.

“Hmm… Or, we could still continue President Im! Look, they may have finished what we have started but, the last ingradient that they used might be different from the one that must really be used!” said Ms. Ryu.

“She has a point sir.” said VP Jung.

“I see. Okay then. We’ll still continue on with our work but this time, utmost secrecy is to be ensured this time okay?”

“Yes sir!” replied everyone.

“Sir, I may have an idea on how they got our idea.” said Mr. Song.

“Go on then.” said the President.

“Maybe, a spy of theirs sneaked in here, grabbed the documents, replicated here through various means, went back here, placed back the original ones here and carried the copied ones back to Seoul Winery Inc.’s HQ!”

Everyone was speechless at this!

“It’s kinda like you’re the one who did it!” said Mr. Kang.

“Hey! I’m far too loyal to this company to do that!” replied Mr. Song angrily.

“Hmm… Spying eh? (calls his secretary, Ms. Cha who was sitting nearby) Ms. Cha, please call the Director of the KCIA. I would like to talk to him.” said President Im.

“As you wish sir.” replied Ms. Cha.

 At the same time, Switzel was at her house in Songpa.

“What did you say dad?”

“Your mother asked me to take you with me to my office in the KCIA. She said it was about time that we have some father-daughter bonding tine which I think was great! What do you say?”

“Ahpah! Aish! I have no choice then right?”

“It’s either you come or you’re one week grounded even if you’ve graduated from college!”

“Aish! Araseo!”

An hour later, they were now at his dad’s office at the KCIA HQ. Mr. Jung is the Head of the Collection Department which is the one responsible for the collection

“Hmm, a lot has changed since I was here last time.” said Switzel as she surveyed her dad’s office.

“Why of course! Because that was five years ago!”

“Ehehe!” Switzel then looked outside the window and saw the café where she and the others waited for Michael to come out of the same building where she was now.

“Michael… Oh! I might find some clues here or something! Um dad, may I have a look around? I’m already feeling cramp here.” she asked.

“Araseo but don’t cause any trouble okay?”

“Of course! See you later then.”

She left her dad’s office and proceeded to walk in the hall outside.

“Where could Michael’s place be?”

She was still walking when she passed by the Director’s office.

“Of course not in this one!”

She continued walking wherein, she came across a man and apparently his secretary and another woman.

“President Im, this way to the Director’s office please.” said the other woman.

“Thank you.”

They hurriedly passed by Switzel who stopped for an instant and then walked again when…

“Hey wait a minute! Did that woman say President Im?!  He may be Seulong’s father! I have got to know why he’s here! But first, I need to know for sure if it’s really him!”

She quietly passes by the Director’s office again whose door was now open.

“Director, President Im of the Im Winery is now here.” announced the woman who was presumably the Director’s secretary.

“Ah yes! Please do come in and have a seat! Oh and also your secretary!” said the Director.

“Thank you for having us under this short notice. I hope we’re not disturbing you.” said Secretary Cha.

“Oh it’s fine! I assure you! Please have a seat! Oh um Secretary Park, please bring us some coffee please.”

“Yes of course sir.” answered Secretary Park.

Switzel was now back in the same prt of the hallway before the Director’s office.

“I have got to tell Seo-hyun about this!”

She got her phone out and hurriedly called her best friend.

“Yoboseyo? Oh! Switzel! It’s you! What’s the matter?”

“Seo-hyun! I’m currently here at my dad’s office at the KCIA and…”

“Wait! Yah! Switzel! Did you just say the KCIA?!”

“Gae-hwa?! Is that you?!”

“Yes it is me! I thought your dad is abroad?!”

“It’s a long story which I’ll tell you guys some other time but! I have some news from here!”

“WHAT?! Really?!” shouted everyone in Seo-hyun’s house.

“Oh! You guys aren’t alone there? Anyway, Seulong, if you’re there…”

“I’m here!” shouted Seulong.

“Okay! Your father is currently here talking with the Director!”

“What?! But why?!” asked Seulong.

“I don’t know any details because they’re inside the Director’s office. I’m sorry but that’s all.”

“Don’t be sorry Switzel! This is great news for us! This maybe an indication that Michael has already done something! Gomawo!” said Paolo.

“Switzel and everyone, don’t be so loud in talking. Michael might be in there you know!” warned Adrian.

“Oh shucks! I forgot! I’m sorry! Mianhae! Mianhae!” said Switzel desperately.

“It’s okay! Call us again if anything comes up okay? Be careful!” said Seo-hyun.

After that, their conversation ended.

“Aigoo! What will I do if Michael hears me? Aish!”

In Seo-hyun’s house…

“Seulong, did your father tell you anything about the winery lately?” asked Adrian.

“Well, since he’s at the winery this week, he hasn’t been back here at our home according to my sister.”

“Okay then. Michael might have attacked now without any of  the stationed agents noticing him! Aish! I’m going to contact them okay?” said Adrian.

“Okay then.” said Seulong.

Back at the Director’s office…

“Hmm… But are you sure President Im? I don’t want the KCIA to be implicated here.”

“Yes I am and be rest assured that what you’re fearing won’t happen.”

“I see. Okay then. So when do you want to start spying on the Seoul Winery Inc.?”

“Tomorrow is a good start.”

“Okay then! I’ll be sending three spies from the Seoul Division. We’ll be updating you by the end of the day.”

“Thank you so much for this Director. Oh yeah, I noticed that there are less people inside. Where are they?”

“Oh they’re all having lunch outside. I don’t permit eating inside here you see ever since a fire almost broke out one time.”