Chapter 19: Their Worlds Come Crashing Down

The Princess And The Singer

Chapter 19: Their Worlds Comes Crashing Down

“Bye guys! See you later!” said Seo-hyun as she begins to walk.

“Wait! Seo-hyun!” shouted Gae-hwa as she and Switzel run over to her.

“What is it?” she asked.

“Well, we just want you to know that whatever happens, we will both be by you side okay?” said Gae-hwa.

“Okay… Why? What’s wrong?” she asked again.

“It’s just that Gae-hwa here has bad feeling about this meeting of yours with Seulong-oppa.” said Switzel.

“A bad feeling? Why’s that?”

“I don’t know but, I just really feel bad about it.” she replied.

“Well I won’t know what is it until I meet up with him right? ‘m going now! Bye!” said Seo-hyun as she begins running.

“Seo-hyun…” said Gae-hwa.

While this was happening, Taecyeon was watching them from his room’s window upstairs. He looked up and thought of the plan he and Sohee made to separate Seo-hyun and Seulong.

“… Aish! You should have opened the window so you could’ve heard what they were talking about! Stupid me!” shouted Taecyeon which the two girls heard outside!

“What’s wrong with him? Why’s he shouting?” asked Gae-hwa.

“Dunno. Maybe he’s having a tantrum?”

“Beats me! Let’s go back inside.” said Gae-hwa.

Back inside Taecyeon’s room, he has stopped shouting because…

“Wait! Did those girls heard me shout? Well that was embarrassing!”

Seo-hyun by now has boarded a taxi to get to the part of the Han River where Seulong is right now. After a while, she finally arrived at the place where she and Seulong became together and shared their first kiss.

“Although it was only last Sunday, it feels like so long already!... Ah! Seulong-oppa!” she shouted as she saw her oppa standing near the river’s banks.

“Geumju-noona. Finally you came.” he said as she hugged him tightly. In response, he also hugged her the same way. Seo-hyun was facing the river while Seulong was facing the other way. Adrian, who by the way hiding behind a tree gave Seulong the signal to start to which he nodded. When they both let go, Seo-hyun asked Seulong why he called her there.

“…”

“Oppa, why are you not answering? What’s wrong? Are you okay?” she asked.

“Was there a time when I told you I hate people who lie to me?” he asked which made her feel hollow inside.

“I don’t think so. Why?” she asked feeling something bad’s coming up.

“Now you know. I hate it when people lie to me. Back then, a lot of people did that to me. They said they had reasons but, they really don’t. Song Geumju (he faces her), Kamsahamnida. Thank you for everything.” he said.

“Okay. Why are you saying that?” she asked with a smile while she tries to hide her nervousness.

“Because, on this very spot last Sunday, we became together and today, in here this very spot, it will end.”

“Wha-what will end?” she asked although she strongly knows the answer.

“Us.”

“Seulong… why?”

“You may have seen that interview right? The one where I said I have a crush on Princess Seo-hyun. Right?” he asked.

“Yeah. I did. Why ask that?”

“Well, it’s just that, I think it’s gone now. My feelings for her.”

As this was happening, Adrian could hear everything they were saying to each other.

What Seulong said made Seo-hyun’s heart kinda like skipped a beat. It made her weak inside and out.

“Why are you telling me this then?”

“Because I know the truth now… Your Highness.”

Seo-hyun’s worst fear has now come true! He knows everything now! The question is from whom? From whom did he found out? Seulong walked towards her, removed her ponytail and the glasses she was wearing. Seo-hyun’s identity has now been revealed.

“Seulong I…” but, she was stopped by Seulong. Tears starts falling from her eyes.

“I know everything now Seo-hyun, don’t explain anymore.” said Seulong as tears began falling from his eyes.  He turns to face the river so as not to look at her.

“Who told you then? Who?” she asked.

“Me. Dear sister.”

The voice, the familiar voice made it all clear!  She turned around and saw her older brother, Crown Prince Adrian!

“Adrian?! But how?!”

“I don’t know why most Koreans these days like their gates to be unlocked. Yeah sure so that visitors could enter easily but still, I heard it from you guys when you were at your house at Gangnam, when Paolo and Taecyeon was there.” he replied.

“You, you followed us?! I thought I told you that you’re not allowed there!” she shouted.

“That doesn’t matter anymore! What matters is that this little game of yours has got to stop! Everyone knows you have a huge and long time crush on Seulong since they debuted! Sure, a crush is good but, disguising yourself as someone who doesn’t exist just to be with the man you love so much?! That’s just pathetic and foolish! In the name of our family, the Royal Family of Korea, PLEASE STOP THIS NOW!” he shouted.

“Stop! I’m going now. I can’t take this anymore.”

“Seulong! Please! You have to listen to me!”

“Mianhamnida and Annyeong Seo-hyun. This ends here right now. Goodbye.”

As Seulong leaves and heads for his car, Seo-hyun drops to her knees as more tears well up from her eyes. The very spot where she was now was the spot where she and Seulong kissed for the first time, now, it’s the spot where they broke up. How ironic she thought to herself.

Adrian walks towards her and kneels to look at her face.

“Come now Seo-hyun. It’s over. Get up now.” he said as he tries to help her but, she just pushes him away! She stands up on her own trying to wipe the tears falling from her eyes.

“Why? WHY?! For once, I was happy, it was a kind of happiness which I have never felt before yet and then, you took it away just like that… WHY CAN’T YOU BE JUST HAPPY FOR ME!” she shouted.

“But sooner or later he’ll…”

“I was planning to tell him… That’s right brother! I WAS GOING TO TELL HIM! ARE YOU SURPRISED?!  But no! You just have to come into the picture and ruin everything! I WISH YOU WERE NOT MY OLDER BROTHER! YOU’RE THE WORST ONE IN THE WORLD!” she shouted as she begins to leave.

The words which she have just spoken realy hit Adrian in the heart.

“She was about to tell him… But, I told him first… Adrian! You’re a fool! (He looks at Seo-hyun who was by then far from him now) I really don’t like it when she’s sad and most of all, crying. I feel helpless when I see her or even Paolo like that. It’s like I wasn’t able to stop the misery that they are having. ADRIAN! WHAT KIND OF BROTHER ARE YOU!!!” he says this to himself as he too, falls down on his knees.

As Seulong was driving, he was also in tears too.

“I can’t believe it… Song Geumju… Princess Lee Seo-hyun pretended to be someone just to be with me… Lies…LIES! I hate it!”

He then got his phone and texted Taecyeon, his best friend instead of the guys.

“I guess they also know…”

He called his best friend.

“Taecyeon-hyung, I’ll be picking you up okay? I’ll be outside later so wait for me.”

“Seulong! Hey! What?”

But, he already hanged up.

“What just happened?”

“Seulong… Seulong… SEULONG!” said Seo-hyun as she runs along the empty street (well not really, there were just less people like 3-5 persons there). She was just running. She doesn’t know where to go. Then, she remembered Gae-hwa and Switzel and what they told her earlier. She sees a taxi coming and boards it. Once inside, the driver asks her where and says to Gangnam. As they were driving, the driver notices that she has been crying and something else.

“Um miss, excuse me for saying but, you do look like Princess Seo-hyun! Do you get that a lot?” he asks.

Seo-hyun then lifts her head up and when the driver sees her, he was surprised!

“Wah! It is you! But, what are you doing here and crying?” he asked.

“Its personal.” she replied.

“Wait! I know! Breakup ha? Well?” he said which made her just nod.

“I see. Well, cheer up Your Highness, maybe you two were not meant for each other.”

“Yeah. I guess you’re right.”

As they went on, the driver told her of how he divorced his wife because he found her with another man. She didn’t reply but, when he asked her what was the cause of the breakup, she started telling her story.

“I see. Well at least the feelings that Geumju showed to him were YOURS right?”

“I guess so.” she replied.

“Ah, we’re here at Gangnam now. What street Your Highness?”

When they got to her house…

“Mr. Driver sir, thanks for trying to cheer me up and please don’t tell anybody about this. Please.”

“Of course Your Highness! Of course! The right one for you will appear so don’t worry, okay?”

When the taxi went away now, the sound of it made Gae-hwa and Switzel come out. When they saw their best friend crying, they immediately asked her why and told them what happened.

“So, you and him are no more?” asked Switzel.

“Neh. Ooohhh!!!”

Seo-hyun began crying again to which her friends hugged her. They led her inside the house but, the moment that Gae-hwa has closed the gate, Seulong’s car appeared from where the taxi went to! He stopped in front of Taecyeon’s house and hit the doorbell. Taecyeon opened and saw his best friend standing there.

“Seulong! Why did you call a while ago?... Hey, did you just cry? What happened? What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Get inside the car. I’ll tell you.

After a while, Seulong’s car was on the road again. Seulong was telling him what happened by the river. Taecyeon was stunned!

“Then you two are now over?” he asked.

“Yeah. That’s right.”

“So, does the guys know this already?”

“Not yet. They left me alone this morning. They were out with Ga In. Jinwoon texted me earlier and he said they were in the mall doing something. But, I guess they also know the truth.”

“I see. So, where are we going?”

A few minutes later, they were by the Han River only now, on a different part of it. There wasn’t anyone near them just only sand and grass.

“When I have a problem, I always come here to shout it.”

“Seulong, I, also know something… about you.” said Taecyeon.

“Me? What about me?” he asked.

“About you and Sohee.”

“She told you?! We promised to each other that we wouldn’t reveal that to anyone!” shouted Seulong.

“And another thing…”

“What is it this time?”

“I… also… like Seo-hyun. I really do.”

“Wha-what?!”

This surprised Seulong and so, he turned and faced the river and with all his might, he shouted:

“WHY SEO-HYUN?! WHY?!