Ch 4 Giving a chance

My Perfect Stranger

Hi!!! Welcome to the new chapter of my story, sorry it took me so long to get this out because I know how fustrating it is to wait for an update on a story you enjoy but I have a diploma tomorrow so ya. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and comments and subscriptions are appreciated. Thanks to all those who commented!!!! Hope you guys like this!!

The sun slowly rose over these two confused lovers, hiding them from the world for the time being. Shin Di stirred with a groan as the sunlight hit her in the face. Trying to move her arm, she discovered it impossible when she realized that two strong arms were holding her to a firm chest. Struggling to open her eyes, she came face to face with a sleeping Jaejoong.

“Were you with me the entire night?” Looking closely, she was once again shocked with the revelation of how handsome this guy really was. Tracing over his perfectly sculpted features with gentle fingers, she marvelled at him unaware of the fact that he was awakening.

“I wonder if we would be together if you were just an average person and I wasn’t so messed up. But then again, we might not have met.” His hand suddenly shot out and grabbed Shin Di’s hand before resting it on his chest, allowing her to feel his steady heartbeat. His eyes slowly opened to focus on the object of his desire, her.

“Does that mean you like me?” She looked at him in shock, knowing that he had heard every word and there was no use pretending he didn’t. But still, she had to try.

“No, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” The biggest grin ever broke out on his face as he realized that she had just basically confessed to him.

“You’re a terrible liar, you do know that right?” Suddenly, Jaejoong moved so that Shin Di was under him and he held her wrists above her head in a firm but gentle grip, successfully pinning her to the bed. Shin Di gasped as she realized how close he was to her. He stared at her intensely, completely aware of the effects that he had on her and loving every bit of it. Jaejoong loved how she breathed heavily and how her heart was inevitably pounding against her chest. Without a word, he pressed his lips firmly against hers. Shin Di’s eyes widened with shock knowing what he was doing.

“What are you doing!?! Get off me!!” She said, wiping her lips after managing to push him off somehow. Jaejoong said nothing, only pushing his lips firmly against hers once again. They moved gently at first, coaxing her but when she started responding, they moved with a sense of urgency. He gently grazed his tongue along her bottom lips and she gave him access, all too willingly. Their tongues battled for dominance and the two of them only broke apart when the need for air became too great to ignore. Jaejoong leaned his forehead against hers and the two of them panted heavily and in perfect sync with one another. Eventually Shin Di regained her senses enough to manage jumping off the bed.

“Shin Di, where are you going?”

“Bathroom, I need to go freshen up.” She answered without looking at him.

“You regret this, don’t you?”Di sighed before leaning down and giving him a quick peck on the lips.

“No more than I regret bringing you home and I don’t, so there’s your answer.”

20 mins later, Shin Di was attempting to cook some bacon, eggs, and toast for herself and Jaejoong while thinking over what had just happened in the bedroom. She had spent most of her life being afraid of being loved, of loving. Maybe it was time to take the plunge and see what happens. She smiled; she liked the sound of that.

Shin Di was so immersed in her thoughts that she didn’t even notice Jaejoong coming out of the bathroom until he told her that the toast was burning.

“!!” She turned around to see black smoke billowing out of the toaster and frantically ran to it, trying to rescue the toast. By the time that was done, the bacon and eggs were already badly burnt. The end result was a plate with a badly charred toast, burnt bacon, and badly burned eggs. She ladled it on to a plate and stared at it shamefully, glancing at Jaejoong to see him smirking. Knowing that the breakfast was beyond edible, she began scraping it into the garbage.

“Why are you throwing it into the garbage?” His voice whispered into her ear, while putting his arms around her waist. Shin Di shivered at his touch finding herself barely able to answer him.

“You can’t eat this, it’s all nasty and stuff.”

“Ya, but it’s something you made for me.”

“I like your cooking better anyway, it tastes way better.”

“I can teach you, if you want.”

“It’s okay, I mean you’ll take care of me so I won’t starve right?”

“YA!! As long as you want me to!!” She smiled at how eager he was her heart beating faster with every minute she spent with this man.

“I would like that a lot, Jae.” He hesitated for a second before taking her hand in his, holding it tightly.

“Me too.”

Another 20 minutes later, the two of them were eating a breakfast that Jaejoong had taken the liberty to cook. Their hands were intertwined together making it harder to eat, but the two of them didn’t seem to mind. Well, it sure didn’t stop Shin Di from shovelling food into .

“Di?”

“Ya, what is it?” She said, looking up from her food.

“Something’s been bothering me for a while now. You were born and raised here, right?” A nod confirmed his question.

“So, how do you seem to know me?” Her fork dropped with a clink.

“Uh…wow. I hoped you wouldn’t notice that fact. Well here goes, I’mactuallyamajorfanofDBSK!” Shin Di blurted out, her cheeks red with embarrassment, hoping that he didn’t hear a single word of that but unfortunately, of course he did. A coy look appeared on his face as Jaejoong leaned closer and closer to Shin Di.

“I see, so who’s your favourite member in the group?”

“Junsu.”

“Well…can’t say I’m surprised. I am the most gorgeous one- WHAT!?! How can that be possible?!? How can you like him with that dolphin voice of his????”

“But come on, don’t you think he’s adorable. He seems like the kind of guy that would treat his girlfriend like a princess or something, don’t you think so? And seriously, his dolphin voice is the most adorable thing ever!”

“No.”

“But…” Jaejoong looked at her hopefully waiting for her to continue.

“I love listening to you sing the most. Your voice is so soothing. I remember the first time I heard you was in that music video “hug”, and your voice just captivated me. You sound the best in songs like, Love in the Ice, You’re my melody, and oh ya recently that song W, you sang with Junsu and Yoochun. I could listen to those songs for like ever. And the fact that you’re like dangerously good looking helps a lot. Haha.”

Jaejoong’s POV

My heart swelled with love listening to this girl talk about me. She actually listened to me, not just looked at me, but listened to me. This girl was something amazing all right, and I don’t plan on letting her go. I grabbed her to me and engulfed her in a hug, living how warm and soft she felt.

“I love you.”

She didn’t answer me but I didn’t expect her to. I knew that it would take time to fully open her heart to me, but time was on our side. It might take 1 year, 5 years, maybe even 10 but I was confident that one day she would return my love.

“Jae, I can’t say that back because I don’t know what it is. But I know that I don’t want to lose you. Can I be selfish one more time and ask you to stay with me until you can’t anymore?”

I tightened my grip on her almost possessively and felt her relax into my arms.

“I’ll be here as long as you need me.” She smiled into my embrace and wrapped her arms tight around me.

“Sounds perfect.”

Shin Di’s POV

If this is what happiness was, then I wouldn’t have it any other way, I thought as I watched Jaejoong cooking in the kitchen. His back was turned to me as I watched him expertly prepare dinner. It had already been almost a week since our “confession” and things couldn’t be better. We spent every moment together and I even took a week off work in order to spend more time with him. For the first time in a while, life was good and I found myself smiling everyday when I woke up. It was like living in a dream. But I was stupid enough to forget that sooner or later, we have to wake up.

Just as I took my first bite of food, the phone rang and I groaned audibly.

“No, it’s okay Jae. I’ll go get it. Just sit down and eat.”

Jaejoong’s POV

I watched as she left to go get the phone and it must have been someone she knew well because she didn’t come back for 15 minutes, not that I was counting or anything. When she did come back, she looked like a completely different person. Her hand was shaking and she looked incredibly pale. She trembled as she sat back down.

“Di, what’s wrong?” I grabbed her hand and she seemed to come to her senses a little.

“It’s nothing. Just a prank call.” It was obvious that she was lying but I didn’t pursue it any longer. She would tell me when she was ready. Little did I know, it would be another few days before I found out what it was.

No one’s POV

The two of them sat on the couch, cuddling and watching a movie together, what happened a few days ago completely forgotten. The sudden pounding on the door startled the two of them, and Shin Di went to open the door ignoring Jaejoong’s protests for her to let him do it. Opening the door a little bit, her heart froze at who she saw at the door. A look of utter terror appeared on her face and she backed away slowly.

“Dad, what are you doing here? How did you find me? Get out, you’re not welcome here.”