Chapter 13

IU multi-tasking between school life and idol life

“HEH?! EXAMS?!!” Ice Mages screamed at the same time though they’re at different classes.
“The heck. We had two days off and then its exam when we came back? That’s unfair!!” Rin protest.
“What unfair? You have the semester planner with you. It’s marked today onwards is exam for three days.” The teacher said.
With the feeling of defeat, the Ice Mage took the test without preparations.
--------------

(Practice room)
Ice Mage sits on the floor feeling of despair.
“I should have checked the planner.” Rin said.
“Comes to think of it, Jieun did ask about it during our two days off. If I’m not mistaken was…..” Krystal said while thinking back.

-Flashback-
They got tired of walking and decided to go back. On their way back, they encountered a newly opened dessert shop and decided to try it out.
“Hey, our finals are coming near isn’t it? When is it?” asked Jieun.
“No idea.” Suzy answered shortly.
“Who cares? It’s our days off. So just forget about studies for two days.” Jiyeon said while stealing Rin’s strawberry.
-End of flashback-

“And when we reached home…” Rin said…
“We lay on the bed and relaxed…” Jiyeon continued Rin’s unfinished sentence.

~ring ring rings~
“Hello… “ Rin answers her phone.
“Rin-unnie, something wrong?” Jiyeon asked when she realised Rin is quite frozen.

Rin’s POV
“Hello…”
“Rin-sshi... Glad you did not change your number...”
That voice… that voice…. It’s… it’s…..
I snapped myself back to reality and answered the caller.
“Yeah. You know how much I loved my number. After all this years, finally you called.”
“You must be worried. How is the club without me?” the caller asked weakly.
“It’s ……”
“It should be fine right? Under the surveillance of my most trusted assistant.”
“erm.. that…” I doubted.
“You don’t have to say it. I knew it myself.”
“B-Boram-sshi.” I muttered.
“Boram-sshi? It’s been such a long time since…” Jiyeon whispered.
“Erm. Who is Boram-sshi?”
“Our first president. And also the founder of the club. But after two month, she was really sick and suffered in a coma. Soyeon-sshi our other member as well took care of her all these while. The original member of this club was Jessica, Rin, Boram, and Soyeon. Rin was Boram’s most reliable assistant. After Boram’s accident, Soyeon took care of Boram. In fact they’re the couple in the school. Then my sister took over, and I joined in. When Jiyeon and Suzy joined, it was a week before my sister’s graduation so there you have it, all of us in the club.” Krystal explained on my behalf while I’m still on the call.
“Rin-sshi, we will pay you a visit in the practice room. And please show Boram that the club is fine without her.”
“S-Soyeon-shhi? Alright. We’ll be ready.Oh yes,we have few new members as well. Hope you’ll be able to meet them.” I said.
“Ah. You have magical eyes to spot an individual’s potential. I believe they’re talented.” Soyeon said.
“Ah… nae...”
-----------------
“So, what did Boram and Soyeon sunbae said?” Jiyeon asked excitedly.
“Let’s practice!! When they come for a visit, we’ll proof to them we are much stronger than before!!!”

Eunjung POV
“Since it’s their club sunbae, I guess I am not needed,right?” I thought as I hung my head low.
“That includes the new members: Jieun and Eunjung. We’ll show them what we got. Including the rap part and all. Nae~” Rin said while looking at me. I nodded and we started practice.
__________
“You girls were awesome.” Suddenly someone said.
We looked at the person in shock.
“BORAM!! SOYEON!!” Jiyeon cheered and ran to hug both of them.
“My , my… Such a long time. How are you kids?” Soyeon said with a smile.
“Boram-sshi, Mind if we perform a new style of band for the two of you?” Rin asked. Boram happily nodded and Soyeon flashed a smile.
“Go ahead.” Said Soyeon.
“Alright. In position!” Rin ordered. All of them salute to the seniors and them get into their positions.
“1..2…1..2..3..4!!” Rin cued and they started playing alo0ng with Eunjung’s rap. The New Style!!
_________
(Cafeteria)
“You girls did great. Glad the reputation didn’t drop because of our absence. I did asked Soyeon to check on you girls but she said that you girls are independent enough. Guess she’s right.” Boram said looking at each member proudly.
“Boram, Soyeon. Looks like you girls are healthier than before.” An ahjusshi with glasses, grey hair, with an old-fashioned robe carrying some thick encyclopedias.
“Ahjusshi!! You were the ahjusshi at the sea right?” Krystal asked excitedly.
“Wow. You remembered. I’m so honoured. Well, Mr.X is on a holiday with his wife so I was asked to cancel my vacation earlier to replace his class.” The ahjusshi explained.
“Ahjusshi, you teach too?” Rin asked with an eye-brow raised.
“I am the wisest among all teachers in school. When they are lack of staff, I’d take the replacement. Huahahaha” the ahjusshi said while laughing proudly.
“Great. Hope your teaching wouldn’t be as bored as Mr.X’s… “Jiyeon said which received a light kick from Rin.
“Jah nae. See you kids tomorrow for math.”
____
“Yah, I heard you kids have exam today? How was it?” Soyeon asked. Everyone looked down to their knees.
“Hmm.. You girls didn’t do well is it? How many times must I say not to neglect studies for the love of music?”
“Sso, stop nagging them.” Boram said while holding Soyeon’s hand. Soyeon stopped her nags.
“after the competition…” Rin started
“Which we have a lot of trouble on before…” krystal added.
“Our instruments were missing and…” Suzy continued
“and we were caught in the storm area in Chunhyang-do drifting in the middle of the sea until 4hours before the competition….” Jiyeon said
“and then, we had two days off coz the headmaster said so…”Rin added
“but the next day when we went to school suddenly it’s exam…”Jiyeon said
“and so we didn’t prepare.” Krystal said with a low voice which ends their explaination.
“When is your re-test?”
“N-next week.” Jiyeon answered nervously.
“Okay. So this whole week, no music. I’ll help you girls with your studies for a week so that you girl can pass your test.” Soyeon said.
“B-but you need to take care of Boram-unnie…so...”
“I’m already fine. I’ll be there too when Soyeon tutor you girls.” Boram said which crushed the hope of the girls to escape Soyeon’s intensive tutoring.
_______
(A week later)
(Practice room)
Each of them showed their re-test paper to Soyeon.
“Intensive training worked so well. Good job girls.” Soyeon said proudly. Boram smiled to them.
“Aish. Just when we thought everything was Fei’s bad-doings, everything turned upside down.” Jiyeon complained.
“Fei? Who’s that?” Boram asked curiously.
“Fei is Sohyun’s friend. Jia who is Fei’s sister is in the same class as Jieun and I. Now Fei and Jia stayed with us because Sohyun kicked them out of the mansion for helping us.” Krystal explained.
“And the most hilarious was, we thought some ninja stole the cupboards and all that was gone missing during the weekends. But it turns out the school management was changing all the old stuffs to the new ones. Except for our instruments which really was stolen by Sohyun.” Jieun explained.
“Did you kids forget something?” Soyeon suddenly asked which made the Ice Mage looked at each other curiously.
“Formal introductions!!” Suzy said.
“Let’s start then. Line up!!” RIn ordered. Then they start their self-introduction.
“I’m Rin. Guitarist and vocal. And president of the Ice Mage Council.”
“Yah, since when Ice Mage became council?” Soyeon asked curiously.
“When we are together in school without performing or practice, we are concider council.” Jiyeon said while stick her tongue out shortly.
“I am Eunjung. Rapper.”
“I am Jieun. Vocalist and guitarist.”
“Krystal imnida, bassist and secretary.”
“YAH!! Since when you became a secretary!!” RIn yelled playfully.
“Suzy imnida, a bassist and vocal”
“Jiyeon, drummer. And RIn’s assistant.”
“ICE MAGE, FREEZE THE CLOCK WITH OUR MUSIC!!” they ended their introductions with their routine cheer.