Four

You Give Me A Heartbreak

We stared at each other. His eyes void of emotion. He just... stared.  

I looked away and heat rose up my cheeks.  
 
"Umm... This... This is yours?" I held out his vest to him.  He nodded and took it.  
 
"I... I'm not following you or what... Please don't misunderstand. I... Umm... Came here first and... You..." I can't even speak right! I ended up mumbling those words. He'll probably think I'm crazy.  
 
"I know. I saw you." he cut me off.  
 
He... He saw me?!  
 
"Ohh..." he ignored me and resume sleeping. This time without the vest on his face.  
 
"About earlier... It's not what you think it is! I mean, I'm not confessing..." I bit my lips.  
 
He gave no respond. I guess he's asleep.  
 
I stood up to leave. I glanced back one last time and smiled.  
 
I talked to Kai. Oh my god.  
 
---- 
 
I sneaked in the class before the rest of the student came in.  I took out my diary and scribbled down continuing where I left off.  
 
And... Guess what?! I talked to Kai today. I can't believe this day would come. Even though, he treated me coldly, I don't care. Haha. I wish he would smile once.  
 
"Heeyoung?" I closed my diary and looked up.  
 
"Hi, Luhan-sshi!" I smiled. He stared at me weirdly.  
 
"Aren't you absent today? Am I seeing a ghost?" he widened his eyes. I laughed.  
 
"I'm real, okay? I skipped class." I snapped my fingers in front of him.  He held his finger out and poked me.  
 
"Good. You're real." he chuckled. 
 
After that, he didn't ask anything and sat on his place.  The teacher came afterwards and the lesson started.  
 
---- 
 
I felt someone poking me. I glanced at Luhan and saw that he's concentrating.  
 
Then, I noticed a folded paper tucked under my textbook. I took it out and unfold it.  
 
The teacher already gave the partner assignment. Let's do it after school?  
 
I scribbled my reply.  
 
Sure, where?  
 
I inserted the paper under the pages of his textbook and poked him.  I acted like I'm listening to the teacher while I wait for his reply.  
 
A few seconds later, I felt someone placing a paper on my lap.  I unfold it.  
 
What about my house? 
 
I wrote my reply. 
 
 Sure. :) 
 
I put a smiley behind the word and smiled. I passed it to him.  
 
From the corner of my eyes, I can see him smiling.  For some reason, I think I like his smile. His angelic smile. 
 
----
 
"So, what's the assignment about?" I asked Luhan once the class dismissed.
 
"We have to do a presentation about global warming and the awareness... blah blah blah... All that kind of thing." he chuckled.
 
"We have to present in front of the clas?!" I half-screamed. I accidentally grabbed his arm and we stopped our tracks. 
 
"Yeah why?" I realized I grabbed his arm and let go of it.
 
"Umm... Nothing, just... surprised. That's all." I smiled half-heartedly and continue to walk.
 
 "If you're not okay with it, tell me, okay?" he said and I nodded.
 
"I'm... I'm okay with it." I lied.
 
No, I'm not okay. I cannot present it in front of everyone! I would freak out. I don't know what's wrong with me but the last time I was forced to do a speech in middle school, I fainted before I can even start the speech. I'm doomed.
 
"Heeyoung-ah!" I felt someone tugging me.
 
"Yeah?" I blinked and saw Luhan tugging me to him.
 
"It's this way." I blushed embarassed. I tried to hid my face behind my bangs.
 
"Are you really okay with it? You looked pale for awhile when I said we have to present." I bit my lips.
 
"Umm... it's okay." I chewed on my cheeks nervously.
 
"If you say so," we walked in silence.
 
"We're here!" he exclaimed. My jaw dropped.
 
This is an enormous house! Wow!
 
"I think the flies will enter your mouth like that." he chuckled and lead me inside.
 
I closed my mouth and followed him silently.
 
The maids and butlers bowed at us as we passed. I bowed back awkwardly at them. Luhan chuckled when he saw me did that.
 
Is it wrong?
 
I looked around, still amazed. The house is like a castle. I never thought I would step inside a house like this ever in my life! Okay, maybe I over-react but who cares?
 
Then, I realized that Luhan's not with me anymore. Eh? Where is he? Am I lost?
 
I turned around but no one's around. There's a staircase leading updtairs and a hallway.
 
"Luhan-sshi?" I called out softly. No reply.
 
I felt someone staring at me from behind. I felt a creepy cold aura behind my back.
 
"What are you doing here?" I heard a cold voice speak. That cold voice. Only...
 
"Kai-sshi?" I turned around. He's slinging his bag while staring at me with his cold eyes. 
 
----
 
Author's note:
 
Annyeong, reader-sshi! :)
Sorry for the delay. I was having a hard time getting on my computer. 
I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Thank you to for those who commented. :D
And, welcome to new subscribers~
I hope you guys will stay with me till the end of the story! ^^
 
COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIPTION ARE LOVED. ♥