Chapter 6

You Annoy Me

 

   My alarm wakes me up not on time today, but early for once. I get dressed, go to the bathroom, and eat breakfast. I’m sitting enjoying waffles at my dining table when my mom storms out of her room, yelling. “What are you still doing here? You’re late!” She points at the clock.

I’m 5 minutes later than the usual late.

How did this happen?! I purposefully woke up early today so that I could walk to school early, alone. I just didn’t feel like facing ____ today. I can’t believe I told everyone I love her. I wasn’t supposed to do that, it was supposed to be a secret!

Half sighing, I rush out of the house, backpack on my shoulder and shoes untied. I start running down the street. Hopefully, she’s not there.

My hopes are crushed when I see her, holding her books and bag, waiting for me. I can’t even run away now, because she’s spotted me. My heart is beating fast, and as I walk towards her, my eyes wander up, down, left, right, anywhere except her face.

I’m ten feet away. 7 feet. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

“Good morning!” ____ says cheerfully. I can hear the strain in her voice. She’s trying to make this less awkward than it needs to be. I inwardly thank her for that but don’t say a word.

“Dongjun, how are you?” ____ tries again.

I still don’t answer, and keep my eyes fixated on the interesting spot on my shoe. I think it might be dog poop.

____ doesn’t say anything anymore and just stares, and half of me is relieved. The other half, the more secret side, is a little disappointed.

Suddenly, ____ brings her face to mine and gives me a small peck on the lips.

 

I can’t believe she kissed me.

I’m speechless for a moment.

Then I regain my senses.

“You annoy me,” I say, my tone of voice mocking. I may sound collected, I’m actually freaking out right now. She kissed me.

____. Kissed. Me!

As expected, she laughs a light, twinkling laugh that causes my already quickly beating heart to beat even faster. “But you love me anyways,” she calls, as she begins to walk ahead to school.

I stare at the back of her head. Then down at her back, and then my eyes seem to make their way down to, uh, one of her best ets.

Then I run to catch up to her, and slip my hand into hers, lacing our fingers.

 

We have a new routine every morning now. We argue the same amount as we did before, and tease each other just as much. But when we walk to school, instead of walking separately, a large piece of space between us, we walk together, holding hands.

====

 

A/N: Did you enjoy the story? I did, I actually really like the chemistry between Dongjun and ____. I had fun writing this, even though I do not really know much about Dongjun at all. XD