CHAPTER TWO

Unlikely Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom smiled apologetically at the impatient and annoyed face of G Dragon. Her phone has been ringing none stop for the past 10 minutes or so. SSantoki this better be good. She thought as she flashed the Big Bang leader another apologetic smile before answering the phone. Before she could even say anything Dara’s hysterical voice greeted her making her pale with worry. “Ssantoki what’s wrong?”

 

At the corner of her eyes she could see how the Big Bang boys started moving closer towards her. “Noona, what’s wrong?” Seungri asked.

 

She could only shake her head. Dara was talking too fast for her to understand a thing. “Ssantoki!” She screamed finally silencing the other line. She smiled sheepishly at the stunned boys and turned her phone on loudspeaker mode. She doubted that her ear can survive another round of her cousin’s screams. “Can you slow down and tell me what’s wrong?”

 

They all listened closely while staring at the white blinking object on Bom’s palm. Her brows furrowed in worry when Dara remained quiet. All they could her was her deep breathes. “Ssantoki, what’s going on? You are seriously starting to scare me. Are you lost?”

 

Another deep breath was heard and then Dara’s quivering voice boomed. “Bomtaro!!!! I think you have been robbed!!!!”

 

Bom’s eyes grew wide with shock. She gripped the phone tighter. “What did you say? Why what exactly happened?”

 

“I just arrived and when I opened your apartment everything is in a HUGE MESS!!! It has been turned upside down! I swear Bommie I think someone broke in and stole something from you.”

 

“What do you mean by a huge mess?” She asked feeling lightheaded. There was nothing to steal in her apartment. She does not even own a TV because she practically lives here in YG building.

 

“Your books and magazines are scattered on the floor. And your TV is gone! Wait even your DVD! OMO! Bommie they stole everything except for your fridge.”

 

She turned beet red immediately regretting her decision to turn her phone into loudspeaker mode. She looked at the boys and felt her face turn hotter. They all looked alarmed. If only they knew.

 

“Ssantoki.” She said cutting her cousin’s rapid speech about how her apartment almost looked empty. “Don’t worry. It’s okay really.”

 

“This is not okay! Do you have any idea how dangerous this is? What if that robber entered while you were here? Worst when you were inside the shower?”

 

“Ssantoki.” She hissed managing to turn even redder. She focused on the phone and tried to ignore the boys’ flustered expressions. I don’t have a choice then. She took a deep breath and spoke in a language that made the boys drop their jaw. “Pwede ba Ssantoki tigilan mo n ang kakasigaw. Nabibingi na ako at hindi aq nanakawan wala talaga akong tv! Aisht! Nakakahiya tlga nkaloudspeaker ka. Magtagalog ka para hindi ka nila maintindihan.” Please Ssantoki stop screaming. I’m turning deaf and I wasn’t robbed I really don’t own a TV! Aisht! It’s really embarrassing, you’re in loudspeaker. Speak in tagalong so that they won’t understand you.

 

“Ah hehe, okay Bommie. Mamaya nalang. Bye.” Ah hehe, okay Bommie, Later. Bye.

 

She ended the call and turned to the boys with a smile. “Sorry about that. Let’s continue?”

 

“But noona if you have been robbed we should call the police.” Young Bae said with a worried expression.

 

Her smile froze on her face. What a great way to have his attention. Sandara Park you’ll get it from me! “Oh don’t worry about it. It’s just a big misunderstanding.” She told them and motioned for them to continue the meeting while avoiding their eyes, especially Young Bae’s.

 

Dara let her eyes roam her cousin’s apartment with amazement. She really thought that Bom has been robbed. Books, magazines, pieces of clothing and even food wrappers were scattered everywhere. What really alarmed her were the missing appliances that did not even exist in the first place. She chuckled and made her way towards the bedroom. After changing into her sweatpants and hooded sweatshirt she started cleaning the place.

 

After two hours the place started to look more decent and organized. The books and magazines have been placed on the bookshelf; clothes were placed on the clothes rack. She made a mental note to ask her friend why there were several men clothes lying around. As far as she could remember Bom does not have a boyfriend.

 

“Aigoo.” She said while rubbing her stomach. “My Bommie is keeping secrets from her Ssantoki. I must test that guy! Specially his endurance.”

 

She was giggling at the picture of Bom hugging a faceless guy as she made her way towards the kitchen. It was already past lunch time. She could not really stomach eating anything when the place looked like a dumpster. She opened the fridge and groaned in frustration. There was nothing in there but corn and bread. All kinds of corn. From the fruit itself to corn bread, corn flavored juice (eww), corn flavored candy and even corn flavored ice cream. Dara shut the fridge close with a small pout. Her stomach was already growling but she can’t eat corn.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter