iii

Carnations [ H I A T U S ]

(Jia's P.O.V.)

Before he could answer Fei unnie's question, I butted in into their conversation.

"By accident, yes. He bumped into me."

Fei unnie just nodded and looked at me skeptically.

"What? As if I wanted him to bump into me.."

I somewhat-glared at her.

Fei unnie and Min excused themselves and went to the kitchen. Suzy went to her bedroom.

"Oh, great. Now I'm stuck with this guy. Should I just go to the kitchen and help those two? No, I can't. He might steal something in here and run away. Ugh, what should I do?! Wait, why am I nervous? I should just play cool. Yes Jia, stay calm and cool..."

He suddenly asked me something. Or did he..? Idk, I'm not sure. I didn't hear him properly since I'm still calming myself.

"..h-huh?"

Uh, that was so un-cool.

He chuckled and asked if this is where we really live.

"Why did he chuckle, did he think I'm stupid? And why am I worrying too much? This is so not me..."

I blinked a few times at him and responsed.

"Yes, this is where we live... And you?"

"Yea, I live in this place too. I live a few blocks away from here, and in the opposite street."

Then there was silence. We sat there awkwardly, and neither of us are looking at one another. I tried to look at him, but whenever I do, I just feel like puking butterflies, since they kept on rambling in my stomach. It'd be too epic if he saw me vomiting purple butterflies..

Then Suzy suddenly came in and sat beside Jay. She probably felt the awkward aura surrounding the living room.

Then she started to ask (or more like interrogate) Jay things like those questions you can see in slambooks. And in my surprise, Jay answered them without any hesitations. In fact, they were having a good conversation.

And for the first time, I was thankful for Suzy's talkativeness.

Then Suzy said something about me pigging out on noodles a few weeks ago.

"Ya, what the heck?! Did she really have to say that to him?! Why the hell is she so talkative?!"

"Y-yah, I wasn't pigging out! I was really hungry that time, and you know how much I love noodles!"

Suzy was laughing loudly, while Jay was trying not to laugh.

Idk if he's being rude or not. But then he said:

"I pigged out once too, and I'm embarassed about it..."

He left the last word hanging, as if he regretted saying that. 

"Then why are you telling that to us?"

Suzy suddenly excused herself, since Fei unnie and Min called for her. I turned back to Jay. 

"Well?.."

I asked him, but then before he got the chance to answer, Fei unnie called out for us and shouted

"Lunch time! Let's eat!~"

"Oh, it's okay, I'm not that hungry anyways.."

Jay stood up, scratched the back of his head and smiled shyly.

"Wow, he's cute..." 

Min came to him and linked her arms with his and said

"Oh c'mon~ we took the effort to cook this for you. Eat lunch here."

Then Suzy came and linked her arms to his arms then said

"Yeah, eat here~ We rarely see Jia unnie bring any visitors, especially guys! You're probably her first guy-friend around here since we just moved in!"

Min and Suzy tugged Jay to the table and let him have a seat.

I rolled my eyes in frustration and went to the table.

I happened to be seated beside him.

"Ha, great! Could things get more worse?"

*

And so then everyone sat in the table. 

Jia was conscious, Jay was nervous, and the other three were looking at one another, like they were talking mentally with one another.

It has been a long time since Jia had a boyfriend. Probably 3-4 years ago, and just seeing Jia meeting a new guy made Fei, Min and Suzy happy and excited. They want to see their best, best friend/sister to be inlove again. 

And so as they had finished blessing the food, Suzy greeted everyone;

"Happy Eating!"

and everyone else greeted back and nodded. 

Min opened the casserole and looked at Jia.

"Jia unnie, it's your fave~"

Jia was confused, so she looked at the casserole and got a bit shock and, well, happy at the same time.

She wanted to smack her lips so badly, but she doesn't want to look like a pig infront of this guy. So she just sat down and waited for everyone to fill their own bowls.

Then when it was Jay's turn to get his share, Suzy took the big spoon before Jay gets it and gave it to Jia.

"Unnie, you should be the one to give food to Jay oppa since he's your visitor~"

Jia scratched her head and took the big spoon and served the food to Jay.

Jay lowered his head a bit, since he can feel his cheeks burning coz Jia's leaning close to him.

After that, Jia served some for herself then looked at Jay. She caught Jay looking at her and she quickly looked away.

Jay bowed his head slightly and said

"Gomawo, Jia.."

"Ne. Just eat already.."

*

And so then the lunch turned out to be happier as everyone expected. Each the girls knew more about Jay and Jay knew more about them. Jia felt more comfortable around Jay and she smiled at him more.

Jay was happy to get close to Jia, and Jia feels the same way.

Then, when they had finished eating their lunch, Fei and Jia accompanied Jay outside, then Fei said

"Too bad you can't stay here much longer~"

Jia nodded and added

"Yeah, too bad~ But you have other stuffs to do, right? So it's okay.."

Jay chuckled and bowed at them;

"Thank you very much for the delicious lunch. I'm sure I'll be coming here more often for your cooking skills."

Fei laughed a bit then told Jay that Jia doesn't know how to cook and if she did, she'll just burn either the food or the kitchen down. Jia felt her cheeks burning with embarassment.

Jay laughed and teased Jia jokingly;

"What? So does that mean I'm a better cook than you?" He sticked his tongue out at her, teasing her all the more.

Jia placed her hands at her hips and said

"YAH, I will learn how to cook! And if I learned I will show it to you! Just wait and see...! You shall be amazed by my amazing cooking skills!"

Jay just smiled at her and nodded;

"I'll wait for that day to come then."

Jia sticked her tongue out at him then smiled. Jay bowed at the two girls, bidding them goodbye. Fei and Jia bowed back, waving their hands and shouting their goodbyes.

And as they went inside, Min, Suzy and Fei stood infront of Jia, with their hands crossed on their chests. Jia was confused seeing them like this. Then she asked them

"Uhm.....what are you doing?"

And so the interrogation begins.