REGRETS

My Senior's Hired Girlfriend

SUZY’S P.O.V.

 

I am determined to talk to Yoseob now. I kept on thinking on how to explain everything to him so I had been ignoring everyone who’s trying to talk to me in our office. I have to tell him the truth. I just hope that he’d believe me. It was lunch time and I decided to look for him in the cafeteria first. I found it weird that the place was almost empty but then, I immediately proceeded to the first table near the entrance.

 

“Hi, have you seen Yang Yoseobssi?” I asked politely.

 

“Oh, haven’t you known? Almost all the bosses and staffs from Accounting and Marketing department are having their lunch in Garden Maru now.” The girl answered.

 

“Hmm? Is there any occasion today?” I was so curious. Why haven’t I heard of that? The fact that I’m from Accounting department.

 

“Eunjissi and Yoseobssi are treating everyone for lunch. They got engaged last week but wasn’t able to invite anyone since they said that it was unexpected and too sudden.”

 

I was taken aback, “They g-g-got en-n-ngaged?!” I stuttered, my words can merely be understood.

 

“Ne, and I heard the wedding will be next month already.” She paused. “ahm, are you okay? You’re sweating.” The girl said. I could tell that she’s a little bit worried.

 

“Hmm.” I just nodded. “Gomawo.” I immediately went out of the cafeteria.

 

What was I thinking??? What would be the explaining for??? Seobi will not come back to me. He loves Eunji…so much. What he felt for me was just a shallow feeling, not worthy enough to be kept. I ran up the stairs ‘til I reached the roof deck. I was in a lot of pain to feel my heart panting due to the countless steps I took. I was out of breath but that didn’t matter to me. What I can feel right now is my shrinking heart, too much pain covers my entire figure. I was late again. I had missed my only chance for the second time and I know, this would definitely be the last.

 

I never felt how the time had flown. All I know is that I cried my heart out for the longest. There it is again, the regrets. I could have thought about it sooner! I could have checked my journal immediately! I could have noticed that something’s wrong! I could have seen what’s written in this stupid journal! I could have explained myself to him! I could have done everything just to make him stay! I could have…

 

END OF SUZY’S P.O.V.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Suzy was so lifeless for the past two weeks. It seems that her world fell apart and even Jinwoon can’t cheer her up.

 

It was Saturday and Suzy’s in Jung’s mansion. She’s sitting on the couch, dazing off, when Jinwoon approached her.

 

“Suzy-ah, can we talk?” Jinwoon asked.

 

“Hmm? Sure.” Suzy snapped from her thoughts.

 

“I’ll be straight-forward Suzy-ah. I know that you have loved that Yoseob guy and I’m also aware that you still love him. Even if you both told everyone that it was just an act, I know how you really feel. B-but you see, he’s now engaged. He’ll be marrying Eunji in two weeks time. Suzy-ah, I can’t bear seeing you in such condition.” Jinwoon is in the verge of tears but he’s trying his best not to drop any single tear.

 

“Mianhae Jinwoon-ah. I don’t want to drag you here but I can’t suppress the hurt I’m feeling. Jeongmal mianhae.” Suzy sighed and swallowed a sob.

 

“Suzy-ah, I want you to be happy. I want to make you the happiest person in this world. Please give me a chance Suzy-ah.” With that, Jinwoon knelt, “For the second time…Bae Suzy, will you marry me?” he is now extending his right hand, holding a diamond-centered white gold ring.

 

“J-j-jinwoon-ah…” she stuttered.

 

“Suzy-ah, please. I’m begging you.” Jinwoon bowed his head, pleading.

 

“Get up Jinwoon-ah. You don’t have to do this. I’ve already decided few days ago.” She paused.

 

Jinwoon stared at her expectantly as she continued, “I don’t want to use you just to forget Seobi. I can’t do that Jinwoon-ah, I really can’t. You’re my bestfriend.”

 

Jinwoon’s face dropped because of Suzy’s statement but then again, she resumed on speaking, “But I want to repay you for everything you’ve done. I also want to make you happy Jinwoon-ah. I’ll do my best. I promise…and if this would make you happy, then yes, I’m going to marry you Jinwoon-ah.” Suzy helped Jinwoon to get up from his knees.

 

“Jeongmal??? Really?! Really?!” Jinwoon jumped and hugged Suzy. “Thank you Suzy-ah! I love you! I really do. You don’t know how happy I am right now.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

On the other hand, Yoseob is currently in Eeunji’s apartment. He is in the living room while Eunji’s preparing their dinner.

 

“Ahm, hon…do you have any paper where I can write our tentative list of guests?” Yoseob said, a little bit loudly, just enough for Eunji to hear.

 

“Oh, there's a pile of papers on my bedside table. Just check it, hon.”

 

Yoseob walked through Eunji’s room to get some pieces. He was looking for scratched papers when he noticed something. He picked it up and started reading it. “T-t-these are Suzy’s.” His eyes grew wide. “They’ve been torn from her journal!”

 

Yoseob was still staring on the torn pages when Eunji entered the room, “Hon, have you found the” Eunji stopped when she saw what Yoseob’s holding.

 

“T-t-that…” she stuttered, panic is starting to flow in her body.

 

“What’s the meaning of this, huh Eunji-ah?!” Yoseob was shaking in anger. “Answer me! You’ve torn these pages from Suzy’s journal and replaced them with all those lies? Am I right?!”

 

Eunji froze in her position. “Y-yoseob-ah…I…I just did that because I want you back. I love you, hon.” She then started walking through Yoseob and tried to hug him but he wiggled free.

 

“No Eunji, you only love yourself. Hahaha! I can’t believe this! I have fallen for your lies?! Woah!” Yoseob stared at Eunji. “You haven’t changed a bit Eunji-ah. In fact, you've got worse! I never thought you would get this far. You are too selfish Eunji-ah.” With that, Yoseob stormed out of Eunji’s apartment, leaving her with nothing but regrets.

 

“Mianhae Yoseob-ah…I shouldn’t have done that. I am so pathetic. I have just got to realize that I do love you but I guess it’s too late for me. Jeongmal mianhae Yoseob-ah.” Eunji cried her heart out.