Pour Homme

Little Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“The girls are throwing a party tonight,” Seungri said nonchalantly as he sat next to me after getting out of the recording booth.

 

I wasn’t really interested in what he said. I had inkling there was something brewing since morning. The girls did look pretty excited when I hung out with them for awhile as they practiced for their special stage.

 

“She’s gonna out with him for sure,” I heard Bom noona say animatedly, “she’s crazy if she turns him down.”

 

“Let’s not forget it’s Dara we’re talking about here,” CL remarked.

 

My ears pricked when I heard her name. No, I wasn’t eavesdropping on their conversation. They didn’t seem to be making any effort to keep it from anyone based on how loud their voices were.

 

I wanted to ask what they were talking about but I wasn’t sure they’d welcome my inquiry. What kind of guy listens in to girls’ conversations? Okay, I admit it. I was eavesdropping.  But can you really blame me? Mention of a guy and Dara in one sentence isn’t exactly good news.

 

Okay, hold up! Stop your brain right there.

 

I MEANT NOTHING WEIRD OF THAT LAST STATEMENT…

 

AND I’M NOT BEING DEFENSIVE EITHER.

 

 

---oooOooo---

 

 

You just have got to excuse Jiyong hyung. He’s just…well he’s just really red in the face right now.

 

For a genius composer, he’s supposed to be honest and good with expressing himself but right at this very second, he’s pretty much in denial of his feelings.

 

He doesn’t know I’m talking to you right now either. He doesn’t know we’re tight. Kekeke~

 

Anyways, let me give you a lowdown on what’s really happening.

 

Today, Bom and Dara noona’s dating ban will be lifted. The girls’ are throwing a party later to celebrate the occasion.

 

This morning the girls had a quick rehearsal for their special stage but Dara noona came late. Rumor has it she was caught up on a date. Well, not really a date ‘coz the ban hasn’t been officially lifted yet and Dara noona’s not the type to rebel against Hyun Suk hyung. So let’s just say she had a quick meeting with a member of the male specie, a very good looking one at that…a celebrity in his own right. The rest of 2ne1 seems to think the two might pursue something a bit more serious once the noonas officially say bye-bye to the ban. Everything’s still unofficial though…UNOFFICIAL…

 

But of course Ji hyung knows nothing about it. All he knows is that Dara might resume dating as soon as possible and with a guy that everyone approves of and deny as he might, he’s actually affected by the idea. REALLY AFFECTED.

 

Remember when Dara said he’s her ideal boyfriend? You should have been there when he heard of it. The guy walked all over the place like he’s the king of the universe with more than usual swagger. People think I’m cocky…you should have seen hyung the whole week since then.

 

Oh, he acted like it had nothing to do about Dara’s confession but no one who knows the guy long enough would think otherwise but we also knew better than call him out for it.

 

You must have been disappointed when he said he doesn’t date within the YG family. And he said that while sitting next to Dara and right after teasing her about her confession. You wouldn’t bet against me though if I said he’s regretting it right this very second. Believe me, now that Dara ‘seems’ to be casting longing eyes elsewhere, the Leo that he is is definitely not liking it. No ma’am, he isn’t…

 

 

---oooOooo---

 

YAH! Where have you been off to? Here I am, trying to pour out my heart to you and you go off somewhere else!

 

Okay, sorry. I’m just…

 

Anyways, I’m really just worried Dara’s going off the wrong way with this dating thing. She may be four years older than I am but that girl doesn’t know a thing about relationships. She’s only been through what, two, three serious relationships and as far as I know they didn’t end up pretty.

 

And have you seen how petite she is? Imagine some jerk getting cocky with her and…sh*t, I don’t even want to think about it.

 

All I’m saying is, she has to be very careful. There aren’t a lot of decent guys out there. What if she ends up with a real ? What if she ends up with a guy like me?

 

 

---oooOooo---

 

 

“Noona!!!” Seungri exclaimed seeing Dara peeking through the door, “can’t wait to party later!”

 

“CL sent me to remind you guys about it,” she smiled sheepishly.

 

“Why don’t you come in for awhile, we’re having pizza,” TOP said gesturing for her to step into the room.

 

“Sit here noona,” Seungri invited as he slid away from Jiyong creating a gap between them for Dara to sit in.

 

Dara ambled awkwardly towards the couch and settled herself between the leader and the maknae.

 

Jiyong sniffed the air audibly. Dara’s cheeks reddened slightly but not enough for the guys to notice.

 

“Soooo, the ban’s finally gonna be lifted later,” Taeyang remarked as he picked a slice of pizza and handed it to Dara, “how does it feel to finally be able to freely date?”

 

“It really doesn’t feel different,” Dara chuckled nervously, “it’s not like I felt deprived because of it.”

 

“But then finally you’ll be able to see guys without having to feel scared that Hyun Suk hyung would go on a rampage about it,” Daesung pointed out.

 

“Honestly, I liked the ban,” she confessed which the guys found interesting, “at least I had a real excuse if in case some guy I didn’t actually like comes up to me and asks me out. Now I won’t be able to use it anymore. I’m really no good at turning people down…”

 

“That’s dangerous,” Seungri remarked, “you should learn to say ‘no’ once in a while…I mean it’s good to be nice and friendly…don’t worry noona, I’ll help you sort out the bad guys from the good. I can be your dating broker or something. I’ll introduce you to the best guys in Seoul…”

 

“Leave Dara’s dating life alone maknae…” TOP cautioned jokingly, “you sound like you’re going to launch off with some kind of business proposal with the way you put it.”

 

“Besides it’s not like any prospective boyfriend could avoid having to go through Hyun Suk hyung’s interrogation,” Dae pointed out, “and he’s pretty stringent when it comes to Dara noona, she’s like his little princess…”

 

“Or maybe he thinks I can’t be trusted when it comes to judging men,” Dara noted, “I guess I’ll have to admit to that. Now I wish I still had a few years more of the ban. Freedom doesn’t seem to be as liberating as I thought.”

 

“Awwh, don’t worry noona we’ll help out,” Youngbae exclaimed, “just tell us which guy you want to get rid off and we’ll do it for you.”

 

“Now you make us sound like gangsters…” Jiyong finally spoke shifting in his seat and facing Dara, “you’re right, you should be careful but like what Bae said we’re willing to help if you need us.”

 

“Thanks guys,” Dara said smiling shyly as she stood up from the couch to leave, “anyways, I guess I’ll go now. See you all later!”

 

“Later!” they said collectively.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter