The Jung's

To Learn or To Let Go

 

“JUNG SOOJUNG!”

“DAD!”

“WHY ARE YOU SO STUBBORN?!”

“WELL MAYBE BECAUSE I’M YOUR DAUGHTER!!!”

A middle aged man, and a young woman yelling on each other in the middle of the living room of their house that stands majestically on two acres land, in the elite area of Seoul.

The middle aged man, known as one of the Asian best entrepreneur, owns and leads his family business empire which now, thanks to his leadership, has managed to expand into various countries, in various fields of business.

While, the young woman who are now, having an icy glare battle with her father, known as South Korean famous young and talented actress, model and singer, who has been named as one of 25 most beautiful women in the entire Asian continent, and comfortably took the first place for the last three consecutive year, and even got into the top 50 of most influential young woman these days, with only a few points behind the famous international diva Be-once Know-less (a/n: don’t get me wrong, there is no intention to insult anyone, just trying to hide a real public figure name, which seems to be failed miserably?)

“I will tell you this, once again, and this will be my final decision. I will NOT, I repeat, I will NOT, and will NEVER EVER EVER and EVER going to let you, MY DAUGHTER, marry a joke like the one you identified as your lover throughout the mass media!”

“DADDY!” she whined and try to pull some aegyo, the one that used to win her father’s heart every time he against what she wants

“DON’T DADDY ME!” he said sternly “I let you do anything you want Soojung, even when you said you don’t want to learn about business, and prefer to pursue your career as an actress and a model, your dreams as a singer, instead of preparing yourself to replace me one day and runs our family business with your sister, but this, I can not accept it! You will not marrying that guy!”

She rolled her eyes, totally not care about what her father just told her “You already have unnie for that, plus her husband, you don’t need me in your business thing, and daddy, you don’t understand! He is like, the ideal man of all women today, and he treated me well, he even says that he loves me, while the others begged for him to love them, is that not enough? Aren’t you happy that there is a guy, who loves your daughter and wants to make your daughter as his wife?”

“NOT IN A MILLION YEARS IF IT’S WITH THAT MONKEY!”

“DADDY! HE IS NOT A MONKEY!”

“THAT’S IT! You are grounded young lady! Butler Han, take away her car keys, her cellphones, her credit cards and locked her up in her room, no one could go into her room without my permission, and it includes you and Sooyeon” he said to a middle aged woman who had been sitting quietly while drinking a cup of tea in the same room at the same time where the fight between father and daughter occurred, and only raised her eyebrows when he instructed that way.

“Daddy, you can’t do this! I’m 23 years old and I’m free to do anything and go anywhere I want!” their daughter said while being dragged by their family guards “Mom!!!”

“You, are being childish now Alfred” his wife said calmly, but in deadly tone, right after she put down her cup of tea and fold her arms, and Mr. Jung really can’t believe what he hard from her wife, just now.

“Me? Childish? Monica, do you realize what is happening here? Our daughter, wants to marry a monkey!”

“Minho is not a monkey Alfred. Yes, he does have too many hairs on his head and he always jumps around when he performed on stage but that doesn’t mean you can call him a monkey, that is just too rude”

“Not in my common sense”

“Well then your common sense needs to be questioned”

“W..Wha?! Are you taking side with him now Monica? I am your husband here! And you know it very well that that guy don’t deserve our Krystal, our Soojung!”

“He loves her”

“As he said, you can not trust a man who can not even greet elder people politely, what is, hey yo?! He can’t even say ‘Annyeong Hasaeyo’ properly to me and he wants to marry my daughter? Keep dreaming!”

“You're really old, you don’t know how to greet younger people style this days aren’t you?”

“I don’t need to know, I just want a proper ‘Annyeong Hasaeyo’!”

“If he said that once, would you let him try to convince you to be with Soojung?”

“No!”

“It would be easier if you said that you don’t want our daughter to marry a fellow artist, and point out the fact that she never said, she loves that boy” said Mrs. Jung while leaving her husband alone in the living room, dumbfounded.

---

A knock from outside of Krystal’s bedroom

“Come in”

“Excuse me Ms. Krystal, Master Jung ordered me to deliver your dinner” said the maid, before she opened Soojung’s bedroom door a little wider to let a stroller that contains her dinner of the day came into the room to be presented to the young lady, helped, by one of the guard.

“Dinner on bed? How romantic” she said sarcastically while waiting the maid to finish serving her dinner.

She took a glance on her maid, and she gives the young lady a little nod, almost unnoticed, and with that nod, the rebellious young lady named Krystal Jung SooJung, shows her sly smile.

“Your dinner is ready Ms. Krystal” the maid said with a little bow

“Good, now if you would excuse me, both of you, Ling and that gorilla beside Ling, I want to have my dinner in peace, means, no one in this room, but me and my lovely romantic, dinner on bed, and I will call you, once I finished. Understood?”

“Yes Ms. Krystal” said Ling, the maid, so is the guard that she called a gorilla.

Soon after they left the room, she waits for a couple of minutes, before she climbed off her bed, not towards the small table in her room, where the dinner menus of salad, blackpaper steak, and chocolate pudding for dessert, a glass of red wine and water, are served, but to the stroller that used by her maid to deliver meals for her.

After she reach it, she began to check the whole corner of the stroller and touching every parts that may be used to hide the stuff that she really needs, and it took not so long when she found what she wants, cellphone.

Dialing Number..

Hey babe, I miss you so much, been waiting for your call since morning, where have you been? I cant concentrate on practicing without hearing your voice first..” and he could go on and on if she doesn’t stop him right away

“Minho, listen, you love me?”

Of course I am

“And you want me to marry you?”

Biggest dream in my life babe

“Good, then pick me up tonight at my parents house, my childish dad decided that I'm not too old to be locked in my room like this, and just because we have an argument and I disagree with his opinion”

Wait? P..Parents house? But your dad but forbade me to even approach his house up to 500 meters distance, don’t you remember the last time I was there, he released a lot of dogs to come after me? I thought I'll never see your face again, if you didn’t save me that day..?

Krystal rolled her eyes “Yes, my parents house, and Minho, its only some puppy, my brother in law british bulldogs, and my sister cihuahua, the biggest was my dad retriever and the closest thing to horrible from all he could do is to wash your face with his saliva, now if you love me and you want to marry me, I’m expecting you to wait for me at the corner of my house side gates, I’ll find a way to get out of this prisons and soon after we meet, we could go elope!” she said excitedly, reminiscing her teenage dream to feel the whole romance of Romeo and Juliet style.

W..wait, babe, e.. elope?

“Yes, elope, because my dad said he would never agree about us, not even in a thousand years!”

B.,But babe, are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, i.. I would like to try first you know, earn the trust of your father, then marry you..

“Aw.. Minho.. That is so sweet of you..” a minutes of gushing about her boyfriend sweet intention then “But that would never happen, because my father will never agree, so just go with my plan okay?!”

Yes ma’am” the Jungs effect.

 

---

so that's all, for now ^_^