My Princess

My Cinderella Story

My Cinderella Story

I sat on the cold pavement of the playground my hands trembling in fear and anticipation. Looking around I swing my feet lightly and swiftly in the air. The street was lit by the bright full moon that shone in front of me like a lantern. I closed my eyes and waited nothing. No footsteps and not even a whisper were heard as I sat alone. Opening my eyes I gasped at the sudden sight of a girl stand before me.

“Are you okay?” she asked softly as I examined her wide eyed. Her pale skin was covered with rough dirt and scratches. She wore a white floozy dress that had oily stains on it. Her eyes, they were hazel green and her hair was not combed but her looks enthralled me. I nodded slightly coming back to life.

“Why are you out here alone?” she said but I only looked down. “What about you? Aren’t your parents worrying about you?” she gave a frown but nodded. “Mm, they are but I don’t think I want to go to them just yet. ” I looked at her confused. “What do you mean?” she shook her head then smiled, “Nothing. Your just a kid so you won’t understand. What about you?”

"Yah! Your also a kid I'm probably older to! I'm nine years old!" I said with a pout and she giggled then smiled.

"Yah! Who are you saying 'yah' to! I'm your noona I'm ten!" she yelled shoving me roughly but then laughed. I also did, she got up telling me to wait and so I did. When she came back she had a baby blue furry blanket and a small book hidden under her armpit. She sat next to me with a smile before throwing the blanket on us. "Okay! Since I think you might get bored while waiting let's read a book, and since it's cold I brought a blanket for us." I smiled in glee snuggling next to her, her expression was emotionless though but I still wanted to see her smile more. I relaxed though as I felt the warmth of the blanket and the feeling of her warm soft skin brush against mine. We looked through the pictures as I smiled happily liking the feeling of being together with her.

As time went by I found myself feeling drowsy, lightly I rested my head on her soft shoulder a smile creeping on my face before I closed my eyes. I was only nine back then but just the sight of her made my heart beat quickly. For one last time I opened my eyes and stared at the book, "Cinder...rella?" tired though I closed my eyes not knowing I would regret it. Just like the prince in Cinderella my princess has vanished leaving no trace but a blanket. "I will definitely find you.  My Princess Charming."

15 Years Later

"Assa! Mr.Kim what are you- Yah! What's wrong?" I looked up at my drunken friend Sungyeol and sighed swatting his face away. The smell of alcohol made me sick. Adding the fact I couldn't drink well.  "I think I should go." I stood up and fixed y plaid shirt and sighed. The smell was truly gross.

"Yah! Kim Myungsoo why are you...why are you being such a party pooper?" he grabbed two girls randomly next to him completely forgetting about me. I shook my head and walked out the bars door. The streets were filled with different color lights and people. I just wanted to go home after a rough day of working. I didn't even get paid a lot, fifty won a hour After saving money for 5 years I had at least fifty-five thousand won in my bank.

"What's so good about this year? No matter how much I pray nothing has ever gotten better." I mumbled putting my hands into my jeans.  It was to damn cold to stay out late. Finally, I came to my house with a tired sigh, slowly I walked in feeling weird. There was a girl with long black hair tied in a pony tail looking around my house.

"Y-Yah! Noh?!" She looked back at me surprised . She started to run as I chased after her around the house. "Hey wait a minute!" I yelled but she quickly jumped out the window. Still shocked I only gazed at the empty window, she was fast. I caught my breath and sat down looking to see if anything looked different. "Nothing looks different." something really did feel weird and different though. Was something missing? "Ah!" I quickly ran to my bookshelf, I rummaged through the books and sighed in relief as I took out the still looking brand new looking Cinderella book. Placing it on my chest I smiled and opened it on my lap with a wide grin.

It has already been so long since I first met her. My parents left me out on the open on New Years! She was there for me though, sitting next to me giving me warmth. It ended so fast though, when I woke up from slumber I was in my parents car. She was like a dream, or maybe a guardian angel that had to go back to heaven. Though she never really showed her smile a lot she was so kind.  My parents always told me she was my imagination and that I was obsessed with her. I do admit though that I've obsessively thought that any girl with black hair and white dresses were her, but I wasn't obsessed.

"Aish!" I yelled laying flatly on the couch and turning on the Tv. It showed the news filming a rundown building. The announcer lady seemed quite shocked and so was I when I noticed they were chasing a girl. I instantly stood up, "Y-Yah!" I yelled like I was actually there. "It's her!" but her hair was down, though I was sure it looked exactly like her. Right at that moment I heard a knock and nearly screamed as I ran to the door opening it in a swift movement. " Umma!" I yelled surprised seeing my mother with a large box in her hands.

"Aigoo my boy your still living in this dump I see." my frown literally dropped even more. She was of course with a different man.

"Who's he?" I said fiercely not letting them in.

"Yah. Is this how you should act when your mother is visiting you after such a long time?" I growled a bit and looked back at the man next to her. Like others he was fat, hairy, bald, and chinky. Though after all those qualities I bet he was rich. As a son I can admit the flaws in my mother, for one she was a gold digger. Always wanting money and she would never share it. To put it simply she was greedy.  Greedy, just plain greedy.

"Go away." I said loudly closing the door slightly. My mom made a frown and opened the door again.

"Myungsoo, didn't I just tell you your mother has come to see you and tell you some important news.  Why are you acting like such a brat?!" she spat and I winced . Her glare was deadly, I was surprised at how scary her glare was. Looking back at the fat man I noticed he was sweating from nervousness. I watched the sweat drip and I swear he had a black eye. He saw me looking and I looked back down to my mother. She smiled and walked in roughly grabbing the mans hand to get inside. The atmosphere was awkward but in a way I was hoping she had actually gotten me a gift. "What is the box for?" I asked curiously.

"You see I have news for you." I nodded lightly, "Me and your new father are going to move to New York." I frowned were they going to take me? Is that why the boxes was here- "I just wanted you to know , so you don't worry about your fragile mother." I stood there schocked and scoffed. She wasn't even going to take her own son.

"Yah! If you were going to go just go! You see m pretty good at leaving and not saying anything!" I yelled angrily shocked at what I said.

"Wah?! Are you-are you yelling at me?" I nodded my head the anger surging out.

"Why do you have to tell me!" I cried I never felt hatred like I have before. It was weird to, I imagined a scene just like this in my head but I felt so bad on the inside. "You're always leaving! Can't you just go like always?"

"Do you think I want to go? Huh?"

"Of course you do! Have you ever thought to take your son who has been alone since he was eight!"

She started to cry and a light tear fell onto my cheek before I wiped it angrily sniffing. She grabbed my shoulder tightly pushing me to the wall. "Why! Why do you keep bringing that up! That was fifteen years ago Myungsoo!" it shocked me and made me angrier, her grasp was to tight as I tried to push her away. "You know mother was going through a rough time back then!"

"How does that have anything to with leaving me alone out in the streets?" I whispered my throat dry from crying.  Finally I pushed her off of me. "It wasn't just that day mom! That was the day of fathers death anniversary! And you know what, it was everyday you would leave me alone." the silence was made and I noticed the fat man was gone. "And whats with you going around with different guys. Ae you so desperate that you became a e?"

She only stood there silent and I scoffed, "No excuses now?"

"Well what am  I supposed to do Myungsoo! Do you know why I was so out of it? It was because of that exact reason. Your father died."

"But you had me mom! I was young sure but I understood your pain and I could've helped you get through this! Just because of your loneliness why did you have to make me suffer?!" I felt a strong sharp pain on my left cheek and I grabbed it and looked at her furiously. "Yah!" I yelled grabbing her arms and pushing her out the door. "Don't ever, ever come back here. I don't want to see you in my life again, not like you were in the first place." I heard her knock on the door loud but I just locked the door. I sat near it my cheek burning from her slap, I haven't felt someones touch in a long time in fact this was the only time she has ever touched me.

I  waited until the banging stopped, silence filled the room and my ears buzzed. "Myungsoo-ah, do you want to know something?" I stood silent but I did want to know no matter how much I hated her at the moment because I knew I would miss her. "I never loved you." I scoffed and nearly shutted my ears. "But, after years and years I started to love you." how is that any better?

"Don't do this Lin Young. Not now after so many years, you need to realize you are far to late." I stared at the box she left tears filling my eyes. She was silent and I felt as if she had left. After a few minutes I got up and walked to the box carrying it. I narrowed my eyebrows and threw it into the closet not wanting to even think about it. Alone once again on New Years I quietly looked out the window making sure she was gone. I grabbed a coat and locked the door as I got out feeling the cold breeze hit my face.

"Maybe she'll be there this year." That's right, every year I would wait here on New Years wondering if she would ever come back to look fore me. "Please." I whispered sitting on the playgrounds slide with my hands in my pocket. I looked around only seeing small children and their mothers playing around and smiling. I showed no reaction but somewhat I felt even colder than before. I searched and sear-"Wait!" I exclaimed turning my head to the left seeing a girl with tied hair look away when I saw her. I stood up stealthily going closer. "Y-Yah!" I yelled when she started to run away, I used all my strength to follow her as I pushed myself off of the concrete loudly jumping. "Can't you just wait for me! I mean stop for just a moment!"

Reluctantly she stopped and I was surprised that she wasn't breathing like crazy. Though for me I was panting not even able to talk or call her name. "Can you- can you please turn around?" seeing she was hesistating I stepped a bit closer. It was actually a bit scary but I just wanted to see her again. Slowly she turned around and I gasped as I looked into her beautiful hazy eyes. "It's it's you!" I shouted but she only gave me a smile like she was expecting me to find her. "My princess."

Yay the first chapter! Hoped you like it, if you did subscribe and comment, I'll be honored and inspired~