Chapter 4

Saved by a Witch

 


The Start


 

Third Person POV

After eating, they decided to just walk to Sungmin's apartment. It wasn't a really long walk but since they were still tired from walking around the forest but they didn't have much choice since the fare back to Seoul is expensive and Gyuri ordered a lot of meat leaving Sungmin penniless. It was a hot, sunny day but Sungmin insisted that Gyuri shouldn't wear her hat.

"You look weird." he said, "Hide it unless you can change it into an umbrella or something."

Gyuri hesitated but she changed it anyway. "Fine. But you hold it" Then she shoved the umbrella to him.

They continued to walk under the scorching heat. Gyuri was busy reading some pamphlet she found near a shop they passed by while Sungmin was busy thinking on what to do in his situation.

She can't leave (yet); he can't leave. She's scary and his life is in danger (or so he thought so). He needs to make a plan, something to ensure that he'll be safe and unharmed by this witch. Or something that will make her leave without him dying.

"I can't leave or else you'll die. We now share the same life source so I can't leave."

He didn't ask for this; he doesn't remember doing so. Whenever he wishes for her sister to return or even just visit him, he's pretty sure he said sister--not his sister's annoying (future) sister-in-law. He'd rather be alone than be with this creature who managed to make him hate her in last than 24 hours. Maybe that's part of her witch power.

On second thought, he isn't even sure of she's really a witch. 'What if this just a new criminal tactic? Pretend-to-save-treat-as-a-slave-then-kill? What if she's not really a witch and she's really a kidnapper or a worse, a murderer!' He had several things on his mind but he noticed something that answered his questions. 

He turned to her right and noticed that Gyuri is now inches taller than him. No, not tall, she's levitating. She's still reading something (maybe another magazine she found somewhere) but she's floating on mid-air.

His mouth was wide open in shock. "H-how?"

Still looking at the magazine, she said, "I'm a witch, you idiot. Not a criminal."

"What? How? Wait did you just read my mind?" Then he returned to reality. He grabbed her shoulders and tried to put her down. "Don't do that, people are going to notice."

"Aish." She glared at him. "I didn't read your mind on purpose, I heard it. I'm tired, my feet and legs are tired and people are not going to notice, okay? There's a Mist. They won't see." She smiled reassuringly, floated again then continued walking. He stopped in his tracks and pulled her back down, again.

"What do you mean heard and what mist? Why would they not see?"

"Gee, you ask a lot of questions." She sighed. "First, I don't know how I heard your thoughts but to be honest: really weird thought. Second, Mist--capital M. It's some magic veil that hids magical stuff from mortals so they'll see something different instead of magic."

"What?"

"I'll explain further later. Are we there yet?" She asked with a pout on her lips. "I'm really tired"

"We're almost there." They continued walking for a few more minutes before reaching the five-storey apartment. "A-nd we're here. My unit's at the third floor. Let's go." Then he pulled her to the stairs.

"Ugh stairs."

 

When they reached his apartment, Gyuri is already sitting crossed-leg, head on hands as she float. "Palli" she grumbled.

"Aish." Sungmin hurried opened the door then plopped his body on the sofa almost immediately. Gyuri floated towards his room. "Ya, where are you going?"

"Bed. I need to sleep."

"That's my room."

"I know. You can sleep there; I'll just be here" She yawned. "sleeping. Good night."

"Weirdo."

Sungmin shifted his postion into a more comfortable one then he covered his eyes with his left arm while his right one rested on his stomach.

"Sleep at last. I'm back home." After a few minutes, he shifted again. "Ugh" he groaned, "Can't sleep. Why?" He shifted once more then opened his eyes. The door to his room was left open and he could see the creature sleeping peacefully on his bed. He glared at her, throwing mental daggers two to three at a time. The sleeping creature stirred, making Sungmin look away. He stared at the ceiling. Thoughts playing on his head.

"I need to find a way to get rid of her."

"A plan, yes, a plan!" He chuckled then clapped his hands as an idea came to him. "Perfect! A brillant plan! Oh Sungmin, you're such a genius!" He continued planning on his mind until he fell asleep. When he woke up at around 5 in the afternoon, he remembered his plan.

"Get Rid of Annoying Witch Phase 1 begins now." He said to himself then proceeded to the kitchen to make dinner for them two. He was laughing evilly while cooking as he imagined his plan being a success. 

"Hmm food~" He almost dropped the pan.

He turned around and saw the witch sitting by the counter. "Woah! You're awake."

"Yes and you're cooking and making weird noises." She raised her eyebrow. "So what's up?"

Sungmin took a plate from the dish rack then carefully transferred the food to it. He grabbed a two pairs of chopsticks then gave one to Gyuri. "Eat up."

She eyed him suspiciously. "You didn't poison this or anything, right?"

"Why would I poison something I would eat?"

She shrugged. "I dunno. Oh well. You're right." She then took mouthfuls of the dish. "This is really good."

"Really? Thanks! It's one of my specialties--kimchi pancakes." He said, "And, it's as good as my new idea!"

"What?"

"Well, while you were sleeping, I thought of something that can help the two of us. Since you know, we would be living together for quite some time until you figure out how to go back, we need to make some rules and stuff."

"Oh, okay." She continued eating, not looking up from the plate.

"I've already make ten and to be fair, you should make yours too."

"Okay."

"And just to let you know, my rule number one is" he said, "You can't use magic in this household unless there's an emergency."

She dropped her chopsticks as she slowly looked at Sungmin. She was in deep thought, like she was contemplating on whether to make a Sungmin potion or just hand over to the Giant Bats of the Otherside.

"What?"

"You've got to be kidding me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Another short update >.<

I'm really sorry guys.

I just really, really tired right now but I still want to update so here~

I promise to make the next one longer~

Please comment/subscribe~ I appreciate it a lot!