Chapter 1

Saved by a Witch

Panicked


Third Person POV

"Good Morning, class!" the teacher greeted as she entered the classroom.

"Good morning, Ms. Park." the class replied nonchalantly and sleepily.

"Yah~ Why are you so passive today? C'mon cheer up! Aren't you excited for tomorrow? Just a few more hours then it's vacation time!" the teacher said, walking around the classroom with her wand activated.

She walked towards the teacher's table then looked around the classroom as she opened her spell book. She suddenly frowned when she saw an empty seat on the second row along the aisle.

"Oh? Where's Ms. Cho?" she asked, her eyebrow raised.

A girl seated along the fifth row raised her hand.

"Yes, Ms. Kim. Do you happened to know where she is?"

"She uhm...She went with the Wizard Security Team last night to help her brother and Minchan~sshi so she slept late and wouldn't be able to attend classes this morning."

"Oh, right! I did saw her at the meeting last night. Oh, well...But too bad, this morning's lesson is pretty interesting...So, are you ready, class?"

"Ne!" the students responded, this time, cheerfully.

"Today's lesson is about Energy and Power Spells and that includes transferring your powers." the teacher said with a wink as the students open their spell book and turn their magic wands on.

 

"Yah! Yah! Gyuri~yah! Wake up, idiot!" Kyuhyun said to the sleeping form of her younger sister.

"Don't wanna!" she said, covering her ear with her pillow.

He nudged her again and again to no avail.

"Minchan!" he said, finally giving up on the almost impossible task of waking her sister up.

"Fine, fine. I'll wake her up, go downstairs and eat." Minchan replied.

"Oh, thank you! I'm so glad you're here! I don't think I wouldn't be able to survive without you!" he said, giving her a kiss on the forehead before he head towards the door.

"Yeah, right...So, are you saying you can live without Starcraft?"

"I never said such thing!" he said then skipped off to the dining room.

"Aigoo, Cho Kyuhyun, you will never change." Minchan said, shaking her while she watch the retreating of her boyfriend.

"Gyuri~yah...wake up~ Breakfast's ready~" she said, sweetly and softly as she neared Gyuri's bed.

"Cho Kyuhyun shut up! I want to sleep!" Gyuri said, suddenly throwing one of her pillows to Minchan, or what she thought was Kyuhyun with a rather strong and solid aim.

The pillow hit Minchan directly on the face which turned her expression, from a sweet and happy one, suddenly changed.

"CHO GYURI IF YOU DON'T GET UP AND GO DOWNSTAIRS AT THIS MOMENT, I'LL MAKE SURE THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO CATCH EVEN JUST A SINGLE GLIMPSE OF YOUR GADGETS THIS VACATION!"

Gyuri's eyes flew open. "I'm awake! I'm awake! I'm awake!" she said, hurriedly running downstairs not caring if she still haven't fixed her bed yet.

She sat on the chair at the dining room, panting. She then layed her head on her arm on top of the table then closed her eyes.

"Aargh! I'm so sleepy!" she said then yawned.

Her brother chuckled.

"And it's all your fault..." she said, opening her eyes and then glaring Kyuhyun. "If I didn't came to that stupid meeting then I would've slept earlier and longer."

She turned her head getting a good look on the clock and realizing that's it's only 8:30 in the morning.

"Ya! Why did you woke me up this early?" she said, raising her voice so Minchan would hear her. "What a nice way to start a vacation..."

"It's only the 12th...Holidays will only begin tomorrow..." Kyuhyun said, unconcernedly.

Gyuri's eyes widen. "WHAT?! Why did you woke me up so late? My perfect attendance record was now broken by you, idiot." she said, pouting.

"Cause you slept late last night. Anyway, there's still the afternoon classes. Don't worry, you only missed the morning ones."

"Yeah. You're right! I'm going back to sleep..." she said. She then closed her eyes again then opened it once she heard Minchan's footsteps getting nearer. "Nevermind, I need to eat now..."

Kyuhyun suddenly burst into laughter.

"What?!" Gyuri asked before taking a bite of the bread she's holding.

"I never thought Minchan would be able to scare 'The Great Cho Gyuri'."

"Shut up. ChanChan is really scary when she's angry. Oh and, it's 'Cho Gyuri the Great'"

"Whatever. Scary to you maybe." Kyuhyun said. "She can't get angry with m-Ouch!"

Minchan hit Kyuhyun's head harshly.

"What was that for?!" Kyuhyun asked while rubbing his head.

"Can't get angry with who? What were you saying Kyuhyunnie? I hope you didn't forgot it already but, no Starcarft today." she said then smirking afterwards while going to her seat.

Minchan started eating while Gyuri sticked her tongue out at her brother. Kyuhyun rolled her eyes and decided to continue eating.

 

"Ya! Oppa! Where's my broom? I need to go now! As in NOW! I'm going to be late!" Gyuri said, pacing around the living room waiting for her brother and Minchan.

"Coming! Coming! Wait for us! W'ere going too!" Kyuhyun replied, shouting as he hurriedly went downstairs. "Dang it! I forgot my wand...Wait for me!"

"Where's Unnie?"

"Wait! I can't find my spell book! Aargh! Where is it?!" Minchan shouted from upstairs while frantically looking for the said book.

"It's right here!" Gyuri said, pointing at the book covered in purple coloured paper. "Aish! Those unorganized dill weeds..."

She picked the book up and noticed that there's a note that suddenly appeared underneath it.

 

To Gyuri, Kyuhyun and Minchan

 Your mother, sister and I will not be able to go back this holiday.

I'm really sorry kids. We still haven't finished our task here but I do hope

you enjoy this vacation. Please don't do anything that will lead to trouble

     and don't make Minchan angry. Especially you, Kyuhyun, take care of

  your girlfriend well, arasso? And please take good care of our children,

      Minchan. Gyuri, don't cause any troubles. The school administrators

       told me that Principal Lee is getting annoyed by you. Don't worry, I'll 

    make sure that by the time we get back there, the school will be ours

                        again. Without those annoying witches stealing it from us. 

                     We love you all! Take care kids!

                                                                                                                  Mr. Cho

 

"Oh, what's that?" Kyuhyun asked, referring to the note Gyuri is holding.

"From Appa." Gyuri said. 

She gave the note to Kyuhyun who read it with Minchan.

"Aw! They're not coming?!" Minchan said, pouting.

"Great! So we can play Starcraft! YEAH!" Gyuri and Kyuhyun both exclaimed, doing their signature handshake while doing so.

Minchan rolled her eyes. "You care more about being able to play than being with your family this vacation."

"Aww...ChanChan misses her family? Don't you worry, after we graduate this year, we'll go to the human world and to your parents and siblings so you can introduce me to them! We'll get married afterwards! Then I'll teach you how to play Starcraft and we'll play together with Gyuri and our children!" Kyuhyun declared, hugging Minchan from behind and smiling ear to ear.

"Really Kyuhyunnie?" Minchan said, hugging Kyuhyun back as he nodded. He leaned in to kiss her, only interupted by Gyuri.

"Ow, ow, please! Save that when you're actually married already. We have to go NOW!" she said, sound a bit disgusted by the sight in front of her.

They all laughed as Kyuhyun and Minchan finally broke their hug. They left the house but made sure they locked it with a spell before leaving and riding their broom stick to school.

 

The school bell rung indicating that the current class was done and it is now time for their lunch break. After the class left, Gyuri went to one of her bestfriends, Hana- the girl from the fifth row.

"Ya! Hurry up! I'm hungry!" Gyuri whined.

"You just ate breakfast an hour ago." Hana replied, while hurriedly fixing her things. "Why don't you just help me here so we can eat already, I'm hungry too!"

"Arasseoyo, unnie."

*Arasseoyo-I understand (polite form)

"There done! Kajayo!" Gyuri said, pulling Hana towards the door.

*Kajayo-Let's go (Polite form)

 

After buying their meals, Gyuri and Hana went straight to their table. Today isn't quite different from the other days, the canteen is still as noisy as always and the teacher wouldn't really care. Some students from the younger grades are all around the canteen, playing "Wand tag" and other games. Sometimes, students would get hit by the laser-like thing of the wand. In this case, Hana almost got hit which made Gyuri burst into laughter.

"That.Was.Not.Funny." Hana said.

"Yes it was. You should have seen your face!" Gyuri said, still laughing because of Hana's serious expression.

"Hey juniors! The seniors are here!" Kyuhyun, who is with Minchan, announced.

"Hey what's up? Hana, what happened? And Gyuri, why are you laughing like crazy?" Minchan said as she and Kyuhyun sat down on their table.

"Hana almost got hit by those students playing tag." Gyuri snickered.

"Aish, those kids." Hana mumbled.

"Yeah, I know. The school's getting worse...Unlike before..." Kyuhyun stated.

"I do wish Mr. Cho will back...He's a lot better than Lee. Wait, scratch that. He's the best!" Hana exclaimed.

"Yeah! Of course!" Kyuhyun and Gyuri both said while doing their signature handshake. "The Cho's rule!"

They all laughed then continued eating.

"So, did you got scolded by Principal Lee again?" Hana asked.

"Yeah, but we're used to it. She scolds us even if don't anything wrong." Gyuri shrugged.

Kyuhyun and Minchan nodded.

"Yeah, unlike that Seohyun. Aargh! Teachers wouldn't even correct her and she acts like she owns the school!" Minchan exclaimed. "Just because her dad is the vice principal..."

"Woah~ Calm down unnie! What did she do to you today?" Gyuri asked.

"Huh? Nothing. She's absent today!" Minchan said.

"Aww! Channie is still angry at Joohyun? Don't worry ChanChan, she can't steal me away from you. I wouldn't let that happen. I promise!" Kyuhyun vowed.

"You better..."

"What the heck is wrong with you today? Why are you so..." Gyuri said. She stopped to think of the right word to say.

"Cheesy?" Hana suggested.

"No. Uhm..." Gyuri stammered. "Annoying? Yeah, annoying! That's the word."

"Whatever." Kyuhyun said then slily picking up Gyuri's pumpkin pudding but Gyuri noticed it anyway.

"Ya! That's mine! Give it back idiot!"

Kyuhyun sticked his tongue at her then pretended to eat the pudding. Gyuri whipped her wand and a short painful light from the wand striked Kyuhyun which made him drop the pudding and Gyuri catching it just in time.

"That hurts!" Kyuhyun complained.

"Like I care!" Gyuri snickered while eating her favorite pudding. "Don't ever do that again."

 

"Hey what are guys doing?" Gyuri asked.

She sat on the sofa in between Kyuhyun and Minchan.

"Playing Starcraft.." Kyuhyun nonchalantly said.

"Watching TV and my brother." Minchan replied.

"You're still watching him? C'mon Chan~unnie, it's been two years already! He can live by himself." Gyuri said.

"Aish, whatever. I just miss him and I just want to know how he's doing. I mean, no one is there to take of him, he's alone and the last thing I want is him being in an accident without anyone being notified." Minchan said, sighing.

"And don't you want seeing him everyday, GyuGyu?" Kyuhyun said, pausing his game to ruffle his sister's hair.

"What do you mean by that?" Gyuri asked with a quite annoyed expression.

"Aww, GyuGyu. We all know that you like Minchan's brother!" Kyuhyun said, teasing her sister.

"I do not! Why the hell would you say that?!"

"Because it's true! I mean, you even said you will watch him for Minchan when she's busy..." he explained.

"I'm just doing that to help Minchan! She's too busy taking care of both of us!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Nice excuse, GyuGyu."

"Speaking of that. Kyuhyun, I forgot to buy kimchi. Can you come with me?" Minchan said.

"Sure Channie..." Kyuhyun replied, turning his laptop off and picking up his coat.

"Uhm...Gyuri can you...watch my brother? He's on a school trip and the place is pretty dangerous, he might get hurt..."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever..." Gyuri said while she surf through the channels, not even bothering to look at portal where you could see Minchan's brother.

"Of course she would say yes! Minchan, let's go now, it's getting pretty dark..."

"Oh, ne."

"Aish, do I really need to watch him. Gee, I'm like a spy here..." Gyuri complained as soon as they left.

She looked at the portal and gazed at him for a while, admiring his big doe-like eyes and milky skin. "He is cute..." she said.

"Ma'am I'll just look around..." he said to what supposed to be his teacher.

"Okay, but be careful. It's getting dark already."

"Oh, what am I saying?! Am I out of my mind?" she asked herself. "Or is it true that I like him? Aargh! I am out of my mi-" her thoughts immediately vanished as soon as she her a scream from the portal.

"AAAHH!!!"

"What the-?!" she stood up to get a better view of what just happened.

It seems like Sungmin, Minchan's brother accidentally fell into a cliff.

"My freaking gosh...What should I do?!" she stammered while hurriedly trying to contact Minchan.

Sungmin is already almost out life. Consciousness slowly going away from him but Minchan is still not picking up her phone.

"What shoud I do?!" Gyuri shouted before she picked up her bag and entered the portal.

She doesn't know what to do with him. She immediately searched her bag for the spell book.

"C'mon, c'mon! Where is that spell?!" 

She  frantically looked for one certain spell that might save his life.

Sungmin coughed and groaned.

"Just hang in there. You're going to live!" she said to him. "Ah, here it is!" She held his hand as she said the spell.

"Chant this may you be victorious in your fight,
May you summon terrible creatures of the night.
May you have half of my power .
May it bloom in you like a flower,
So mote it"

A blue light suddenly appeared in between them. After a few minutes, it vanished. Gyuri was unconscious to as she fell beside Sungmin without energy at all.

 


 

Here's chapter 1!

I hope you like it!

Don't forget to subscribe and comment!