In sickness...

Same as it never was [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae groaned loudly when he woke up. There was a dull pain in his head and his throat felt completely torn up as if he had eaten sandpaper. He tried to turn over but the pain in his head immediately increased and he groaned once more. He slowly opened his eyes but closed them again when he was met with too much light for his liking.

 

“Hae?” he called hoarsely, not at all as loud as he had aimed for. Never the less Donghae seemed to have either heard him or just planned to go into the room at that moment anyway. He gasped when he saw the state Hyukjae was in.

 

“Hyuk, what’s the matter?” he asked and hurried over to the bed to put a hand on his forehead. Hyukjae looked more or less like a cooked lobster. “You are burning up!” he then exclaimed and looked at his friend with worry.

 

“My throat… it hurts,” Hyukjae rasped and ended up coughing violently. It felt as if his throat was torn up once again and he was sure he was bleeding somewhere down there.

 

“Shh, don’t worry. I’ll go get some things to make it better, okay?” Donghae said with a frown and made his way out of the room. He hurried to the kitchen to start a pot of tea and then on to the bathroom to get a bowl of cold water and a washcloth. He ran into Eeteuk on his way back to the kitchen and almost spilled all of the water on the leader.

 

“Wow! Where are you going with that?” Eeteuk asked once he had steadied the both of them.

 

“Hyuk is sick. He is burning up and he sounds horrible!” Donghae said frantically before dodging the leader to hurry into the kitchen. Eeteuk followed.

 

“I can call the manager and cancel your schedules for the day?” Eeteuk asked with a worried frown. “Do you need my help?” he then asked. He wanted to help but he also knew better than to get in
Donghae’s way when Hyukjae “needed him”.

 

“No, I’ll take care of him,” Donghae said as he opened a cupboard and found some weird menthol drops. He opened it and sniffed before making a face. “Are these any good?” he asked and added the small container to the tray when Eeteuk nodded. He then found Hyukjae’s favourite mug in one of the other cupboards and added that one as well.

 

“Wish him a quick recovery from me!” Eeteuk half yelled after him as he hurried into Hyukjae’s room once again. He set the tray down on the little table at the side of Hyukjae’s bed and sat down beside the sick dancer.

 

“I brought you some tea. Do you think you can drink some?” he asked. Hyukjae nodded weakly and tried to sit up a bit. Donghae helped him sit against the headboard supported by his pillows and then started pouring the tea. “Shoot, I forgot the honey!” he said and zoomed into the kitchen to grab the said sweetener. Hyukjae made a grimace that might have been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter