Chapter 4

We Could Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You…!! You brat!!!! How could you hung up on me??????”

Jaejoong was on rage. He ran to Seunghyun and stop abruptly in front of him. The now blue-haired man who just got out of his car didn’t even had a chance to take a step when Jaejoong pinched his biceps hard.

“Ooooow! Hyung!” he yelled at the sudden pain. It’s sure going to leave a bruise. “What’d you do that for? It hurts, aw..”

Jaejoong really didn’t put any attention at Seunghyun who’s rubbing the place where Jae just pinched him. “One! You were 2 hours late! Two! You hung up on me! And three! Three.. you just.. Seunghyun!!!” Jaejoong’s yelling got louder when he realized Seunghyun was busy rubbing and blowing the red mark he made on his dongsaeng’s arm and not listening to him talking, “Seunghyun, you’re not listening to me!!!”

Jae again pinched Seunghyun. The other arm now. And again, Seunghyun cried loud. “Jae! Ouch! Besides, I promised to sing the song at your wedding! Not your engagement party!”

“Seunghyun! You’re so….!!! Ugh!!” he can’t finish his words. He was almost crying, and it finally drew Seunghyun’s atention. Seunghyun took Jejoong’s arm and held it in his own, rubbing it softly. He notice the small beautiful golden band there, and he smiled seeing it. Jaejoong and Yoochun finally was engaged.

“Jae Hyung?” Seunghyun called him. Jaejoong never forced him to call him using honorific refferences, and when they dated, it was just awkward for Seunghyun to call his boyfriend with 'Hyung'. But now he wanted to change it. He has to respect Jaejoong as his older friend now, and calling him Hyung was a part of it. Jaejoong didn't answer him at first, but after a pregnant pause, the older man sighed.

 “I.. I was so worried, Hyun,” Jaejoong’s voice was shaking. He was on the verge of tears but trying to hold back because he knew he was overreacting. Jaejoong knew Seunghyun never liked it when he overreacted. Not that Seunghyun hates it, he just couldn’t deal with it. He didn’t know how to calm Jaejoong when he was like this, and it usually made Seunghyun nervous. But Jae was not able to hold it this time. “It’s not about the song, it’s not about the guests, I don’t.. I don’t really care about that,” Jaejoong looked down at the floor and Seunghyun could feel a warm tear dropped to his hand, the one holding Jaejoong’s hand. “I was worried about you. I know how careless you drive and you almost never drove so far without me or Hyunjoong or Yoochun to accompany you. What if somebody robbed you? What if you had an accident again? What if, oh, you don’t know how many ‘what if’ I’ve thought about, Hyun. You have no idea. Remember the last time you drove alone? Remember the accident? I can’t.. You can’t do this.. I..”

Jaejoong couldn’t continue as he started crying. Seunghyun who was starting to panic pulled Jae to his embrace, and slowly rubbed the older man’s back. It was not strange for him to worry at Seunghyun everytime he drive. Seunghyun has been in a car accident before. It was the first time Seunghyun drove out of town for business without one of his buddies acompanying him. He was hurt pretty bad, unconscious for almost a month with a broken nose and arm. The image of Seunghyun laying in the ICU, with no guarantee if he will wake up, it haunted Jaejoong for years, even until now.

“Hey, Jae.. Don’t cry, please don’t cry. I’m fine, see?” Seunghyun whispered to Jaejoong’s ear, trying to calm him down before someone comes out and see Jaejoong like this. He pulled back a little and put his finger beneath Jaejoong’s chin and carefully forced Jae to look at him. “See? I’m okay. I’m here.”

Jaejoong didn’t answered and just looked at Seunghyun. He raised his arms that was on his sides before and touched Seunghyun’s face, making sure the slightly taller man was really okay. Jaejoong nodded when he was sure Seunghyun was okay, “I’m sorry for overreacting. It’s just.. I’m just scared.”

Seunghyun smiled and cupped Jaejoong’s cheek. He wiped the tears from the beautiful’s man eyes, and smiled at him. “This is your engagement party, you can’t look like you just lost your puppy,” Seunghyun tried to joke, but he knew he failed when Jaejoong only looked at him with his big doe eyes, not even smiling. Seunghyun sighed and decided to speak honestly, “I’m sorry for not p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter