Chapter 40

Kiss For Sale

Reina frowned as she waited for Sehun in the cafeteria. Sehun told her that he had something on and asked her to wait for him at the cafeteria instead of going to the rooftop. It had already been a week since they last went to the rooftop together during lunch. They always ate at the cafeteria now and Reina didn’t understand the sudden change. It was Sehun that said that they would eat at the rooftop since it was the only place where he could have her all by himself but now he said that it was more convenient to eat at the cafeteria instead. Not only that, Sehun would always come in 20 minutes later and claimed he had something on and they would have to rush for the rest of their 10 minutes for food.

Reina stood up from her seat and decided to find Sehun instead of sitting down and wait for him. She was thinking of helping Sehun out so that it would save him more time in whatever he was doing and they wouldn’t have to rush for lunch.

‘Where are you going?’ Haneul asked as she looked up from her food.

Reina just patted Haneul’s shoulder. ‘I’ll be back.’ Reina walked out of the cafeteria and went towards the hallway. She went to Sehun’s classroom but he wasn’t there. *Where could he have been?* Reina looked around and was about to try out the library when she met Baekhyun.

Baekhyun saw Reina and walked towards her. ‘What are you doing here?’ Baekhyun asked.

‘Finding Sehun. Have you seen him?’ Reina scanned around to search for any sights of Sehun.

‘Sehun? I saw him going up the rooftop awhile ago.’ Baekhyun replied as he recalled.

Reina frowned ‘Rooftop?’

Baekhyun frowned too confuse by Reina’s reaction but before he could ask anything, he watched as Reina ran up the stairs. He didn’t know why but his sixth sense asked him to follow her and he did. Baekhyun swiftly followed behind Reina and ran up the stairs.

Reina opened the door of the rooftop and walked towards Sehun when she spotted him at where they would usually sit. She was about to call him when she spotted a girl sitting beside him. She felt her heart stopped as Sehun leaned towards the girl and their lips were barely touching now. Before she could spot them kissing, a hand cover her eyes and she was spun around. The hand on her eyes was released. Reina looked up to see Baekhyun standing in front of her. Baekhyun furrowed his brow as he watched the scene in front of him. Although Reina didn’t see anything, she knew exactly what happened. *They kissed.* Reina felt her breath tightened.

‘Lets go shall we?’ Baekhyun asked. Reina just nodded and followed Baekhyun down the stairs.

Sehun heard Baekhyun’s voice and turned around to see Reina and Baekhyun walking towards the exit. *Oh no* Sehun turned towards Sunmi ‘You’ve overcome it. You can go find your boyfriend now. I guess my job is done here.’

‘Reina!’ Sehun called as he turned around, preparing to run towards her but Sunmi stopped him. ‘Don’t go! It isn’t important anymore.’ Sunmi replied as she grabbed onto Sehun’s wrist.

Sehun tilt his head, not understanding a word from . ‘What are you talking about? You’ve been trying so hard to overcome your fear of kissing so that you could go back to your boyfriend.’

Sunmi looked down nervously before she gained courage and looked at Sehun. ‘Originally yes, I wanted to overcome my fears so that I could stay by his side but during this past week, things changed. You asked me to imagine the one I love when I kiss, I did but instead of seeing my boyfriend, all I could see is you. I think Im starting to fall for you.’ Sunmi carefully said as she looked at Sehun’s expression.

Sehun’s face changed when he heard what she said. ‘Im sorry, there’s only one girl in my heart and it wouldn’t change for the rest of my life.’ Sehun slowly took Sunmi’s grip away from his wrist and stood up. He had to find Reina now. She must have misunderstood everything. He needed to find her now and explain everything to her before everything was too late.

Reina could hear Baekhyun calling her from behind yet she didn’t stop herself from running out of the school. *Is that the reason why he wanted us to eat in the cafeteria? Because he had another girlfriend? Is that it? Is it why he was always late for our lunch now? Because he was busy kissing another girl behind my back? Are we really over now?* Reina could felt her tears forming in her eyes as she ran her way out.

Baekhyun speed up to catch up with Reina. Reina was all quiet when they walked down the stairs awhile ago. Baekhyun was constanting glancing at Reina worried but just when they reached the hallway, Reina started running towards the school gate when a teacher called him.

‘Reina!’ Baekhyun caught up with Reina and spun her around. Reina looked down at the floor, refusing to let Baekhyun see the tears flowing down her cheeks. ‘Reina..’ Baekhyun called again.

‘I want to get away from here’ Reina silently whispered as she continued to look at the floor. Baekhyun took Reina’s hand and walked away from the school without another word. Baekhyun brought Reina on a bus that was almost empty and settled themselves at the very back. Reina looked out of the window without saying another word ever since then. Baekhyun stared at Reina, he felt his heart ache a million time seeing how Reina was. *I trusted her with him and this is what he had done to her?!* Baekhyun clenched his fist as he watched Reina’s reflection from the window. Reina was silently wiping her tears away, not wanting to let Baekhyun see the tears on her face.

Baekhyun couldn’t stand it anymore and turned Reina around to face him. Reina quickly wiped away her tears and gave Baekhyun a small smile. ‘Im fine, don’t worry’ Beakhyun felt his heart ached more seeing her trying to be all fine.

 

Still confuse? Is Sunmi's character still confusing? If its still confusing, there will be another explanation on Sunmi before the story ends. I've actually finished writing this a month ago.