Should I Say Good Bye?

Fallen For You

 

Sky had been dark, as dark as Anne Yang’s feeling. Anne sipped her drink slowly and stared outside the window. Shanghai City hadn’t been showing sleepy sign. All of the buildings as raced giving lighting, and interested everyone to come in.

Anne refocused again to her modern call-phone in front of her. She sighed. Why the thing in front of her didn’t ringing, didn’t vibrating, didn’t blinking, didn’t at all. With a single jolt Anne walk out from Ginger Café. She walked fast, as fast a pair of fatigue’s legs can do.

“Anne xiao jie [1]!”  That Chinese France girl turned around to the sound source.

“Sorry, I’m late.” Wispy vapor accompanying the men's breathed who stand in front of her. Anne only stared at him then turned around and continued her steps.

“Hey, come on. I have already said ‘I am sorry’ right? Hmm, what about come in again for a while? I am freezing here. I think vanilla latte not bad, what do you think?” That guy kept on talking either Anne listen or not.

Anne tried to ignore him, but in the end she can’t and exclaim, “Mark Lee xiansheng [2]! Where have you been?  I have been waiting for two hours, you know?

Anne turned around then walked in to the Ginger Café, Mark smiled and followed her.

“So, where have you been until you forgot your promise?” Asked Anne as took down her coat then sat in her favorite corner. For sure, there is nothing special in her favorite corner but this café were made by using a lot of glass so if she sat in her favorite corner she unimpeded to notice people outside. “There is a lot of things that should be done, photo session take more time that I’ve predicted.

“Well, I’ll forgive you if you want to show me yours taken photos today.” Ask Anne while observe at the big backpack beside Mark.

“I know, but really sorry, I didn’t bring it. I keep it in the office,” said Mark while called the waitress.

“Oh, how stingy,” said Anne. She really like this café’s interior, made she feeling as at home.

Mark smiled. A part of him that could make Anne always forgave Mark, like now.

“One vanilla latte and one caramel macchiato,” Mark’s voice broke Anne’s daydream.

“How was your work?” asked Mark while adjusted his glasses and then leaned against the sofa.

“Nothing, everything done as well as it should be. Hey! By the way, what do you want talking about? I think it’s really important.”

“Good or Bad? Which come first?”

“Good.” Anne didn’t like listen to bad news especially from someone she loved.

“Do you remember a few months ago, I work for EcArt magazine and become one of their photographers? They like it so they invited me to take part in their Art project.” Mark said while dreamy.

“Thank you,” Anne said and received their order.

“Ah, feliciter[3]. Tell me what’s bad?” asked Anne. She had a headache while thinking the worst thing that she will receive.

“May be you will not see me for the next few months. I will go to your home country Anne Mademoiselle[4].”

“You will go to France? Well I’ll lose my ever best friend then,” Anne replied. She was hurting but she kept smiling. “How long you will be there?” Anne continued.

“Between six to seven months,” answered Mark while sipped his caramel macchiato, gave warmth to his frozen body.

The gloomy atmosphere in this café made Anne’s expression didn’t really obvious. Anne took a deep breath then hold tight her drink cup hoped the warmth can made she calm down. “So, when will you go to France?”

“Wow! Hold on, do you want to kick me from this country? Next week, that’s why I invite and a bit force you to meet young lady,” said Mark in the same time he pinched Anne’s cheeks.

Anne Yang. Mark knew that Anne loved him but Mark had already regarded her like his little sister, and he didn’t want to break that figure.

“Why should be today? There is one more week right?” asked Anne again

“I want to say ‘good bye’ because there are so many work that should be done and I will very busy         to finish my work here. And I’m afraid there is no time to see you again,” Mark said as sipped his drink again.

“So, which number I am?” murmured Anne. She looked to outside. Snow fell down again, very beautiful if her feeling is in good condition.

“Where do you want to go now?” asked Mark broke silence between them. He looked out too. “What about walking around for awhile?”

“I think I should go home now. Don’t you know that I have to go to work tomorrow?”

“Ah! I forget. Fine, come on I’ll bring you home.”

With a single jolt, Anne stood and then picked up her coat.

“No thanks, I can do it by myself, I’m not child anymore.” She walked out without looked back at all. 



[1] miss

[2] sir

[3] Congratulate

[4] Miss (in French)