That Should Be Me

I Once Had You. Now, I Won't Let You Go

 

{Yoseob’s POV}

Kikwang called me. He said he’s just free today. I didn’t go overtime at work today since we really need some catching up to do.

 

“Yoseob!” I turned to see him, hiding with big glasses, a beanie and sweater. I bowed to him. We took a seat and the first few minutes were silent.

 

“Tell me, how is she?” he asked. “Noona? She’s okay?” He scoffed. I shook my head. “Nope. Honestly, she really hasn’t been fine since you left.” I added. “Funny? She and that Dongwoon guy. We were like that. They’ve been friends since I left, right?” he told me. “True. So, maybe when you and noona met, in one year, many things happened. But between noona and Dongwoon, nothing has happened. She would always think of you.” I explained to him. “Sure. I could believe that. But we don’t know. After we met again last night, what did she say?”

{End of POV}

 

{Kikwang’s POV}

I’m expecting for him to tell me that she misses me. That she’s having a hard time just trying to get back to me. And that what we feel months ago were the same as what we feel right now. I wish that her heart beats the same way as mine, as it beats for each of us.

 

“She said, after what happened she will try to live out how it should be.” Yes. Tell me that she will just leave him and she will go back to me. “She said that she would forget her feelings for you and start to learn to love Dongwoon.”

 

I dropped the fork I was holding. Forget her feelings for me? Learn to love Dongwoon? Is she serious? “Tell me that you’re just joking. Tell me that these are all lies.” I tried to laugh, but I just couldn’t. “Kikwang, I’m telling the truth. Noona was so hurt. She hasn’t left the house in days.  She didn’t go to work.” What does she want? Does she want me to go to her and comfort her? She has Dongwoon.

 

“Listen to me. I know what you two feel for each other. Maybe your hearts aren’t ready for each other. But do your best. Get noona while you still can, before her feelings change. Nothing has changed. Her feelings for you are still the same. Her number, your pictures, your memories are still with her.” Yoseob told me. I patted his back and left him.

 

I know what I must do. I arrived at the place I know I can tell her how I feel. And then I saw his car, I guess I’m late… again.

{End of POV}

 

I’m still at home. Yoseob thinks that it’s just my heart that pains me, but my head also. I have a massive migraine right now and my heart is also tortured. I don’t have the capacity anymore. If Kikwang was here, he would bring me soup and make me laugh. But Kikwang’s not here. I tried to walk but I was unstable, the moment I stood up, I fell on the floor. I just wanted to stand up, but I couldn’t. I just closed my eyes.

 

I suddenly felt a pair of arms carrying me. I want to open my eyes and just hug him. Why do you have to be so far away? I tried calling his name. “Kikwang…”