He’s Park Jaebum

I'm Sorry Park Jaebum

 “I’m sorry.” I apologized again. I heard Claire gasped. I looked up to the person I bumped.

My eyes widen.

“You should be more careful. This is not a playground for you to run around.” The shop manager scolded me while I was busy wiping the spilled coffee on the floor.

‘I’m sorry’ was the only phrase that came out of my mouth.
“Manager, she’s not feeling so well. She didn’t intentionally do it!” Claire defended me.

She explained everything to the Manager inside his office. Before going inside, she looked at me with ‘it’s-okay-you-go home-and-rest’ face.

It’s too early to go home. I don’t want my Mom to worry so I decided to go to the nearby park and wait until the end of my shift.

I sat down on a bench and put on my earphones. I look around and saw a flock of teens b-boying and two Koreans wandering the park. Then, I noticed a little girl pulling my sleeves.

“Hey, why?” I smiled at her.

“What time is it?” She pointed my wrist watch.

“Oh.” I looked at my watch. “It’s 2 pm.”

The little girl ran after thanking me.

Fate is mean. First Jaebum is here, in Seattle. Then everything and everyone surrounding me reminds me of him.
I’m getting crazy.

“Mom, I’m home.” I entered the house.

"Hi!” I greeted my Mom’s visitor, my psychiatrist Dr. Tomas.

“See she’s doing really great. I’m really happy that finally she found a new life.” My Mom said to Dr. Tomas as
I sit beside her.

My Mom thinks I’m okay, that’s good to hear. No more of her crying every night and worrying about me every split second. I felt much lighter.

“That’s a really big improvement. So your Mom said that you’ll be resuming your studies and you’re working as a part time waitress on a Coffee Shop. I know you’re a strong girl. Let me know if something is bothering you again.” Dr. Tomas said.

Dr. Tomas is my Dad’s friends. He’s been there for me and for my family. He’s been a friend to me. I know I could tell him everything. I know I could and I should tell him everything. I was about to spill what happened a while ago but I don’t want my Mom to worry again. She suffered enough.
I bit my lips while bidding Dr. Tomas goodbye. Without him, I don’t know what to do.

It’s 2 AM and I’m wide awake. I kept thinking about what Claire has told me. What if it’s true Park Jaebum is in Seattle. For the first time after that incident, I my laptop and television. I switched the channel to Korean News hoping to hear something about Park Jaebum.
I was trembling while typing Park Jaebum in the Google Search Box.

I scrolled down and saw..

“2PM’s PARK JAEBUM WAS CHASED OFF TO SEATTLE AFTER HIS MYSPACE CONTROVERSY”

Seattle? I was too scared to read the article so I decided to turn off my laptop.

I went to my bed and got the remote. I kept on switching to it a channel to another. I felt so much disturbed until I broke down. The door opened, my Mom hurried to my bed and hugged me.

“What did SpongeBob do that made you cry?” Mom’s words confused me. I let out a laugh when I noticed that the TV is on Nickelodeon Channel where SpongeBob was feeding his pet, Gary.

“Oh my God, I’m late.” I ran to the bathroom and showered. Before going out in our house I mumbled “Seattle is big. It’s impossible for me to meet him.’ I was catching my breath when I reached my workplace. I put on the apron and saw Claire smiling at me.

“Still 1 minute early.” She helped me tie my apron.
“Excuse me. I’ll have one Mocha Frapp. Grande.” A customer ordered.

“Thanks again. I’ll get it.” I went to the counter.
I was shook after seeing the customer.

“Grande Mocha Frapp, right?” I stammered. I got a cup from the rack and wrote his name on the cup.

“You still don’t know my name. It’s---“

“Park Jaebum.” I whispered.

“Yah.” He felt odd. Maybe he’s not comfortable when people notice him.

“You don’t have to afraid. I bring no harm.” I cracked. I heard him laugh.

“Will you have it here?” I asked and peeked at his face.
He seems okay, at least. He nodded. He paid and sat on the near end of the store. I could clearly see him from the counter.

I can’t help glancing at him. I want to know if he’s okay.

I want to ask him many things.

Are you okay now?

Do you have plans on going back to Korea?

Will you go back to 2PM?

Have you forgiven the person who crashed your dreams, the person who brought all your pain and suffering? Have you forgiven me?